I'm befuddled by the number of glowing reviews for this hotel.
- Cheapest hotel in the area, by a significant margin
- Laundry facilities
- Large fridge
- Walking distance to several restaurants
- Staff is friendly
Where to begin. I know, how about with the large stink bug I found crawling by my pillow!
- No shampoo
- Tiny towels of the cheapest quality imaginable, and I have a pretty good imagination
- Fridge makes noise at random times all night (ice maker?)
- Poor signage caused me (and someone who came to pick me up) some confusion
- No lobby area to speak of
- WiFi was "free" but verrrrry slow. Ok for checking email but that's about it.
- Clothes iron in room leaked water constantly during use, making it worse than useless
- Loose electrical outlets (room 204, check it out)
Really, other than the bugs and the broken iron, the other stuff didn't bother me too much. Well, no shampoo was a hassle as I had to go buy some, and drying off with the tiny towels wasn't much fun, but that's pretty minor.
Also, though it was a couple days past daylight savings time change, the clock in the room hadn't been reset so I was late getting up. I consider that one on me, though, for trusting it in the first place.
So, the place was cheap in a good location, so if it hadn't been for the bugs I would have rated it higher.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stay Chantilly
- Extended Stay America Chantilly
- Chantilly Extended Stay
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.