“Consider it is a 6 miles cab ride from Dulles” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14420 Chantilly Crossing Lane, Chantilly, VA 20151   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Santa Barbara, CA
“Consider it is a 6 miles cab ride from Dulles”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

A 6 mile cab ride to and from Dulles airport so plan on that cost if you don’t have a car. I Google Earthed the Hazy Air and Space Museum and picked this hotel as the closest but it is not walkable, the direct road is restricted. So add another $12 cab ride to the Air & Space Museum. There is a 50 cent shuttle between the Museum and the airport and the Museum has free luggage storage. Even number rooms are on the freeway side, a minor noise issue. Amazing amount of paperwork to get a room. Show ID, sign here, initial about 5 other things like checkout date, and no smoking. Then sign a receipt. Nice room with kitchen, full sized refrigerator (which I turned off for the night to avoid noise), toaster, stove, microwave, two desks and two office chairs…nice. Curly-cue lighting but adequate. Free wi-fi and Showtime. The fully controllable air conditioning and heat is nice but again it is a constant on/off situation (as many, many hotel are) and there is no “Constant Fan” setting that I could find.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our hotel location and guest room amenities. Hazy Air and Space Museum in only 1/2 miles from the hotel, but for your safety, they do not allow people to walk on the highway. I apologize that you found the check-in process cumbersome, but we do it to ensure that every reservation is correct. Still, I am pleased that you found our free WiFi and fully-equipped kitchens to be convenient for your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Don't expect more than a bed and a cheap deal with this hotel booking. I booked through Hotwire's Hot Rate, and after this hotel was revealed, I'll admit, I was thoroughly disappointed. I checked the reviews and people claimed there were bed bugs, rude/poor service, and lack of a proper breakfast.

I tried to get out of this hot rate deal but Hotwire wasn't allowing it. I swallowed my pride and kept my reservation. I will say, given the low star rating, the hotel was very clean looking. My room was near spotless. I had a full kitchen (full-size stove, fridge, microwave) with dishes and dish detergent provided. There was adequate spacing (a loveseat and writing desk) and the lighting from the window was excellent, if one wished to use it.

The cons of the hotel: There was no hotel shuttle to and from the airport; the breakfast was grab-n-go style (i.e. packets of oatmeal, trail mix bars, oranges + apples, and coffee ONLY---nothing else); the front desk staff would frequently leave the front desk unattended, so you'd end up standing there waiting until someone got back; no business center, which was a huge disappointment to me because I was on a business trip. But there is a printer (complex procedure to print).

All in all, I was here for a one night business trip. I didn't utilize any amenities except for those listed above. I could see myself using this again for another '1' nighter, sans business. It's too much of a hassle and fewer amenities than I'm used to having. I would recommend picking another hotel for a couple extra bucks if you could spare it.

Sean at the front desk was very helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

this hotel is a very excellent hotel this staff is so courteous I felt like I was at home the whole time the rooms are so clean so nice they maintain the property so well they give you a free breakfast in the morning everything was up to my specifications I get the property a 5 out of 5 I wish I could give it to 10

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Andrew - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for providing such great service to all of our guests. We truly enjoyed having you visit with us!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel best of all service they provide with smile on their faces all the time. Breakfast is basis but still better them other hotel I stayed in area. Rooms are great close to airport lots of good restaurants in walking distance.

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel and staff. We enjoy hearing that we make a difference to our guests. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Washington DC area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Checked in to ESA for brief overnight travel with early departure. Booked theough Priceline at attractive rate.
Luz was manager on duty (thanks, Luz!) and was courteous and accommodating.
As it was a brief place to sleep for me, basically, it was clean and comfortable. Room had all amenities & kitchen appliances suitable for extended stay, but be advised there was not shampoo, hairdryer, etc available, so be sure to plan if you are staying here.
There are smoking rooms available upon request and availability.
Grab and go breakfast coffee, bars, oatmeal packs are available.
Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Depending on the IAD flight path, you may be subjected to aircraft noise (if you are sensitive to it...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments about Luz, she is a great asset to our company. As well, I am extremely happy to read that you enjoyed your room and our newest feature, the grab and go breakfast.

Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This facility is better than some 3-4 star category hotels in the Northern VA area! It was a great price for the accomodations and a convenient location to major roadways. Target and Chipotle nearby- every traveler's must have:)!!! Front desk staff very friendly. I have stayed here twice and was totally satisfied and comfortable each time.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the thrid floor. The ceilings are low and the walls are thin.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff and the location of our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
West End, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

great place clean n comfortable. front desk staff lori n luz very very friendly, helpful efficient. location has restaurants within walking distance, shopping as well. the manager sushil was very eager to earn our business and will definately recomend this hotel to co workers that will b in chantilly area

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Steve - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our great services, especially those that Lori and Luz provided during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South

Address: 14420 Chantilly Crossing Lane, Chantilly, VA 20151
Location: United States > Virginia > Fairfax County > Chantilly
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Chantilly
Extended Stay America Chantilly
Chantilly Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.