“Rude staff” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 129 Restaurants in Chantilly
Cuisines: American
“Rude staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

First of all, let me begin by saying that I hardly ever write reviews. It takes me either being really impressed or really disgusted. That being said, I was a server and a bartender for a long time, and I can't believe the NUMBER of things that angered me at this place. It was a football Sunday, and my team, the Steelers didn't play until later, but i still wore my jersey all day. We walked in, sat at the bar, and thirty seconds later, one of the male employees began talking about how I was wearing a stupid [--] Steelers jersey. Strike one. I got over it, browsed the menu and ordered my food. I have to say it pains me to admit it, but the food was really good. My husband and I were sitting at the end of the bar, where the servers pick up their drinks from the bar. I can't count the number of times i heard the server, who I think was the only one waiting on tables that day, talk bad about her tables and swear loudly while talking to the bartender, who would occasionally look up from her cell phone to listen to her. At one point, the waitress said that some 16 year old boy at her table was sassing her about the Cowboys game not being on a TV but "that's ok, I spit in his coke". Really? Strike two. The same male employee who was talking about me earlier noticed a commercial on the television advertising fast food. He proceeded to yell behind me " why do they even have commercials for that place, it [--] sucks". Really? How unprofessional. Strike three. I realize that this is not meant to be the classiest place in the world and that it is a pool hall. I mean, there was a photograph of a man urinating as a decoration on the bar, among other photos from the 70's or 80's I'd guess. I get it, but this was just ridiculous. We are new to the area and although we enjoyed the food, we will never go back. We felt that we weren't welcome there, as the staff and local crowd glared at us the whole time. Rude. I hope whoever is in charge at this place sees this and takes it seriously, or I doubt they'll have many new returning customers. I wish I was exaggerating, but unfortunately, it's all true, and other things occurred, which turned us off, but these were the main issues. If you want to try this place, I would call up and order food, and take it home with you to go. Ridiculous.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“While away on Business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I liked the atmosphere and the interesting items they had on the wall. They also had a smoking side and a non-smoking side that was physical separated. The bar menu was good without being overwhelming. I will eat here again and if time permits shot a rack.

Visited October 2012
Herndon, VA USA
“Great Pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

Bungalows is a pool room with a bar/restaruant. Great pool with atomposhere. Food is typical bar food - unispired and but filling. One of the few places left you can play a little pool, smoke a cigar and enjoy your evening away from whatever!~!

Fairfax, Virginia
“Best wings and ranch sauce.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

Love their original wings. You also need to try their fries loaded up. Awesome food for a beer joint/billiard hall.

• Visited November 2011