“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Dulles Airport

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites Dulles Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Dulles Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13980 Metrotech Drive, Chantilly, VA 20151 (Formerly Comfort Suites Chantilly)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 14 hotels in Chantilly
home
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2006

There was no shuttle and had to pay for a cab. The pool hours were limited 5pm-9pm. Disappointed. Everything else was fine.

• Liked — Clean, comfortable room
  • Disliked — no shuttle service and pool hours were very restricted
  • Tips/Secrets — Plan to stay elsewhere
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

349 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Virginia Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2006

Nice large rooms, good price, and good breakfast. I would go back.

• Liked — Rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Herndon, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2006

My husband, son and I stayed here on a Friday night. The check in and check out process went fine and without incident. All the staff we encountered were cordial yet seemed very "let's get the job done" and didn't really go that extra mile. Our room was exceptionally huge and exceptionally clean. The bathroom was huge!! My husband took a shower, however, and the air in the pipes rattled so that I thought the place was going to tumble down!! The person on the phone I was talking with even asked what the noise was! The beds were very comfortable. One personal complaint from me is that the room air conditioner was extremely cold and loud. This is a typical complaint from me, however, in most hotels so keep that in mind. The hallways and elevator, though, were extremely HOT and without air conditioning. This made traveling in the hallway and elevators uncomfortable. The indoor "heated" pool was quite cold according to my son and husband when they went swimming that evening. My husband couldn't get the sauna in the pool area to work. The fitness room was very nice with modern equipment and a TV to exercise by. The continental breakfast included waffles (remember to spray Pam on the machine!) as well as bagels, pastries, potatoes with onions/peppers and sausages (oddly, no eggs). All-in-all a good stay and I would return again.

• Stayed July 2006
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2006

This is a great place to stay. The rooms are clean. The bathroom is large. The beds are extremely comfortable. The personnel are very helpful. One nice gentleman even offered to carry my luggage for me. It is a little difficult to find, tucked behind a shopping plaza. My only complaint was that there are 2 computers in their "business center" and 1 was not working. This made it difficult to get any computer time. The breakfast was the usual fare, but the dining room was large enough. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed June 2006
Nebraska, the good life
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2006

On the day we left, my husband was awakened by water dripping on his face as there was a leak in the roof. We informed the front desk staff upon our departure, but they didn't give us any sort of a discount for our inconvenience. The hotel was fairly clean and had a decent breakfast. The other problem I faced was when I wanted to use the guest computer, there was always one of what I presumed to be the hotel staff using it.

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel, but we probably wouldn't return just because we felt we should have been reimbursed for the rude awakening (water dripping on our face) the morning we left.

• Stayed June 2004
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2006

After missing a flight at Dulles aiport (no fault of our own), the police at the airport rang through to the Comfort suites and got 9 people a great rate. Hotel sent out a shuttle for us and once we had arrived and checked in, they even took us in the shuttle to the local Macdonalds as we all hadn't eaten. In the morning some of our party went on the internet to try and find a flight home to England and Nancy came by to see if we were all ok. We told her our predicament and she even called her friend who works for a travel company to see if any one could help. We all eventually went back to the airport, but before we did, Nancy gave us her number and said to call if we had no luck. She would give us the same great rate again for as long as it takes. Couldn't thank them enough. Lovely compassionate human beings (unlike staff at Air France, the most unhelpful airline in the WORLD).
Oh, and by the way the rooms are great too, lovely and spacious, comfortable beds, and great breakfast.

• Stayed January 2006
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2005

We just returned from a Memorial Weekend stay at the Comfort Suites Chantilly. Overall, the motel is well kept and the room we had - king size bed with sofa bed- was very spacious, clean and neat. We had a refrigerator, kitchen type sink, microwave and toaster oven. The one thing that needs to be improved is the sofa bed- flimsy mattress, not much support. Our grown daughter ended up sleeping on the sofa itself- good thing she is short. When we were there, there were two small groups, but we found the noise factor to be fine- we were not on a floor with the groups and our floor was very quiet and no one was disturbed. The maid service while we were there was excellent. I agree with the other reviewer about the breakfast situation. Often I will eat the complimentary breakfast at one of these hotels, but this one did not appeal to me and our family went down the road (about a block and a half) to IHOP. I like to see a breakfast attendant in attendance at all times, and did not see that here, only when there were hardly any people eating there. I did not feel the selection was that good, or attractively arranged. The one morning the group was there and we felt it was rather chaotic, so decided to go to IHOP and did that the next day as well.

This hotel is greatly situated for anyone visiting the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum, and also Manassas National Battlefield Park- about 15 minutes away. The hotel is also nicely situated off the main highway, about a block and a half from Lee Jackson Memorial Highway, in Sully Place, a loop type strip mall area, with IHOP, Ruby Tuesday's, and Taco Bell.

I think that the other reviewer may have a point about the hotel being short staffed for special needs such as theirs. I sense that this may be a problem here, but we had a pleasant stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2005

Been to Comfort Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!