“Paula ,Melissa and Paula” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Dulles Airport

You added Comfort Suites Dulles Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Dulles Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13980 Metrotech Drive, Chantilly, VA 20151 (Formerly Comfort Suites Chantilly)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Oregon
“Paula ,Melissa and Paula”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hi flying from the West we started our Eastern travel plans at the Comfort Suites Dulles Airport . after a very long air travel day .
We had Professional service from Tony the shuttle service ,Melissa, Manager and Paula at the front desk .
The next day after a good breakfast buffet we caught the free shuttle to the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy center ( Air and space museum ) air museum. fabulous museum a must see in the area. and free.My brother reported his watch lost in his room . On our return to the hotel via Tony's fast free shuttle service ( they had safely kept our luggage ) they had found the lost watch!! Amazing Thank you team for a great start for our trip !!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Kyle E, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear myhistorictravel,

Thank you for sharing you most recent stay at the Comfort Suites Dulles Airport. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your time while you where in the Dulles area. I'm glad that our staff was able to provide the exceptional service that we strive for everyday. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Happy Holidays!

Kyle L English

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Albany, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I`ll start out by saying that overall that our trip was great, we spent alot of time on the National Mall, and Udvar Hazy center. However Upon arrival at 3am we checked into the hotel, the lady at the front desk was very nice. Upon entering our room we discovered that our reservation which was for a Jacuzzi Suite, had been changed to a jet tub room? Upon talking to the front desk, she told us that the reservation which I had placed several days earlier had not mention of a jacuzzi suite. Also I had never gotten email confirmation of the room so I could not confirm whether it was actually made or not for the jacuzzi suite. Basically what I gathered it was a bait a switch for the rooms, now at 3 am after a 6.5 hour drive I was too tired to argue so I took the room that was available. The room was ok at best, the wall next to the bed had a red splatter pattern from the night stand up, I`m assuming a soda, or juice had been shaken and got on the wall. The door to the room appeared to not have been measure correctly, because it did not fit the frame at all.... The dead bolt barely fit the the lock, and I could see right out into the hallway around the entire frame of the door. If I can see out, others can see in. Room 123, was what we got. The bed was comfortable, and as I said the rest of the room was satisfactory for what it was. The pool was nice, and heated! As well the pool had a actual life guard on duty which was different. The continental breakfast was good as well.

All in all I would say that the property was ok. I have stayed at other comfort suites and based on that I would say that I personally would most likely look into other places in Chantilly. It was also my birthday, and was hoping to have a nice night soaking in a jacuzzi, however that did not happen. I will be making some trips back to Chantilly in the near future for business, and definately will consider the hotel, but will have to certainly confirm that the reservation is what I asked for.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear TravelinSalesman193,

We would like to Thank you for your recent review of the Comfort Suites Dulles Airport. We apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. Please contact me directly so that I may personal speak to you regarding your recent stay.

703-263-2007 EXT7802
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was a vacation trip with my family and children who were 9 & 5. This was an easy hotel to find and it was in a pretty convenient location with lots of shops and restaurants surrounding it. And the breakfast was very nice, good selection and pretty convenient. The bathrooms seemed very clean too.

However, when we arrived to our floor, there was a definite smell of smoke in the air. It was definitely a non-smoking floor/hotel and I didn't understand the odor. Once we got to our door, we had trouble opening it and my husband went back to the lobby to ask for help. We hadn't understood that you need to turn the handle up to open it. Once inside, there was a very musty odor. Having two children with asthma, I was a bit concerned, but my husband wasn't fazed. I gave them each their inhalers as to avoid problems. It was so musty that there was condensation on the inside of our window.

Also, my oldest son slept in the pull out bed. The mattress was completely falling apart and was in terrible condition. Luckily, we covered it with the sheets and he slept fine.

I don't think we'd visit again, if I was booking the hotel.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Dear jillshari,

We thank you for your recent review of the Comfort Suites Dulles Airport. We are saddened that we failed to meet your expectations. Please know that we have corrected the issues you mentioned during your stay. We hope to have another chance to make this up to you soon,

Please contact me directly so that I can personally speak with you regarding your stay.

Kindest Regards.
703-263-2007 EXT 7801
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The reception staff are courteous and professional. The managers are always there to assist you. A special note for Tony the shuttle driver. What I liked most is its proximity to my work. there is a fair oaks mall about 5 miles from the hotel. A shopping Plaza is only a walking distance from it.

Room Tip: Booking in advance helps
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear Lord K,

Thank you for your review of the Comfort Suites Dulles Airport. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope that we have the chance to host you again in the near future.

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were traveling through Virginia to visit family in Northern New Jersey and decided this was a great place to stop over night. Nice atmosphere...our kids absolutely loved the breakfast. Will keep this on our list of places to stay.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Dear Natasha R,

Thank you for your recent review regarding the Comfort Suites Dulles Airport. We are thrilled to know that you found us to be Family Friendly. We hope that we can be able to host you again soon in the near future.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've stayed in worse hotels but I was very disappointed after staying here. According to the reviews and previous stays at Comfort Suites I was expecting a quality discount room. I didn't feel I got that. There were a number of issues. First, the door didn't have a deadbolt. Second, the bathroom door didn't close. Third, the light in the room was severely lacking. Fourth, it took at least 10 minutes to get hot water to the shower. I understand that I was on the fourth floor so hot water could take longer but it literally took 10 minutes. These were all little things that led to not the most comfortable stay. There was nothing major enough to make me leave but I would think twice about staying here again.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dear Kerry C,

Thank you for your recent review of the Comfort Suites Dulles Airport. We are saddened to hear that we failed to meet your expectations. Please know that we take all feedback very serious whether it is negative or positive. We hope that we can have the chance to make this up to you in the near future. Please contact me directly so that I may personal make you reservation for you.

Happy Holidays!

Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and i had a good time visiting Northern Va. We had great stay and the accommodations were very satisfactory. We were there to visit family and do some shopping. We will stay there again. Next time we are going to visit the Air and Space museum.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Kyle E, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear ljtrice,

Thank you for your review of the Comfort Suites Dulles Airport. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope that we will continue to be your hotel of choice the next time your travels bring you to the Dulles area.

Kyle L English

Been to Comfort Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!