“WONderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Dulles Airport

You added Comfort Suites Dulles Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Dulles Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13980 Metrotech Drive, Chantilly, VA 20151 (Formerly Comfort Suites Chantilly)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Salt Lake City
“WONderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2008

I booked through Travelocity...cheaper than Expedia by $20 (a first for us).

We were on our way to the UK for two weeks, but hubby wanted to stop at the National Air and Space Museum near Dulles...which is where this hotel is also located.

We called from Dulles and were picked up in approx. 20 minutes. Check-in was a breeze and our room was comfortable.
We happened to arrive on a Wed. and to our pleasure, had the Manager's dinner in the nicely done eating area. We had our fill of lasagna, filled pasta shells, salad, garlic bread, and a variety of beverages.
We then enjoyed a toasty warm pool next to a nice exercise room. They were both great!
The next morning, we enjoyed a buffet breakfast of eggs, bacon, sausages, waffles, cereal, breads, pastries, and more.
As our flight did not leave until evening, the hotel manager kept our bags locked behind the front desk office at checkout while they took us to the Air and Space Museum. We were given the hotel card to call when we were finished at the museum.
After, we called to be picked up. They arrived quite promptly with our bags and took us straight to the airport.
The price was the best and the amenities and service were better than we expected.
We highly suggest this hotel and will stay here again!:)

• Liked — customer service and the food
  • Disliked — the pool hours could be earlier
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2008

Went to see Jimmy Buffett at the Nissan Pavillion recently - this hotel is a great value and not too far (by car). Close to I-66, so only about 15 minutes to N.P. Rate was great, and the room/hotel is in wonderful condition. Was afraid that noise from nearby Dulles would be a problem, but rooms are quiet and well insulated (even my fellow Parrotheads didn't disturb my sleep!). Highly recommended!

• Liked — Value of price for amenities/location
  • Disliked — Crowded breakfast area
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
doha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2008

I was here for one night with my family.It was a transit stay.Close by Dulles airport and lots of shopping outlet and food joints nearby.Excellent helpful staff and clean non smoking rooms.The swimming pool though small was kept well.
Overall a clean and good place.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

Flying into Dulles, I contacted the hotel and the shuttle was pretty quick to arrive. Hotel is in great shape and I really enjoyed the staff. They were courteous and everything was very clean. Overall, I would recomend this hotel. I will tell you that the price was much better than anything else in the area. Really, really nice hotel for the money.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
Winchester, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2008

I stayed at the Comfort Suites for one night on June 14th. The hotel itself is excellent. Very clean, good location, lots of places in the area to eat. Upon checking in there was only one person staffed and had another traveler having issues in front of me. Even after they were taken care of the guy just stared at his computer and didn't even acknowledge I was there. I did finally get checked in but the process took entirely too long. The breakfast was very standard, but still nice. I saw donuts, muffins, waffles, bread, orange juice, and apple juice. The stay went well, was a very quiet hotel with no problems. The room was very spacious with a small sofa, nice size bed, a TV with plenty of channels and nice bathroom. Then when checking out I encounted another semi bad experience. I first stood behind another traveler checking out...then after he was finished the desk clerk advised me I would have to wait a few minutes he had somebody on the phone on hold. So I stood there waiting for him to finish, then he put the customer on hol and again told me it would be a few minutes, it was almost like he didnt want me to stand there. So I said ok then took a small walk, came back a few minutes later he was still on the phone but still finishing up. I don't understand why hotels don't have more than 1 person working the front desk, it was noon and check out time for the hotel with just one guy running the front desk.

But with all that said I would still recommend this hotel. You can't beat the price, it was $79 a night. This could be the best deal I've ever received for the quality of the hotel. I've stayed in quite a few Comfort Suites, I've had problems with the front desk at others but you can't beat the quality of the rooms and hotels. I would recommend it very highl if you are flying out of Dulles and need a room don't be afraid to stay here!!

• Liked — Room, how clean hotel was, the location
  • Disliked — Front Desk Employees
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
algonquin, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2008

I have stayed here quite a bit over the last two years due to business in the area. I found this hotel by chance when my usual hotel was booked and had to do an internet search.
For the price in the Dulles area you can expect decent service, clean rooms, a normal breakfast, wireless, close proximity to Dulles, and nearby restaurants
On the other hand, their shuttle/limo service is overpriced and very unreliable. They apparently contract this out and it shows. The desk staff ranges from newbie clueless to extremely professional, with no 'bad attitudes' at least. The main intersection near the hotel is a major throughfare, so traffic in the morning can be a challenge.

• Liked — Decent sized rooms, close to airport and Reston
  • Disliked — limo service is abysmal, area is busy in the morning/late afternoon
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Belmont, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2007

I expected more from this hotel, as it is one recommended by the company I was visiting. The hotel claims to be non-smoking and says they have been for a year. This might be true but my room reeked, and the smell was stale cigarette smoke. Either they went non-smoking more recently than they claimed, or they did not do enough to rehab the rooms. The continental breakfast was average. The halls were too warm and the room took forever to cool down.
The shuttle took over an hour and a half to come pick me up from the airport, even though the hotel is only 11 minutes away. The front desk clerk alluded to the shuttle driver disappearing with the shuttle for an hour, but nothing was done about it. Co-workers who arrived a day or two later had the same problem.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Comfort Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!