“Clean, Convenient, Good Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Dulles Airport

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites Dulles Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Dulles Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13980 Metrotech Drive, Chantilly, VA 20151 (Formerly Comfort Suites Chantilly)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 14 hotels in Chantilly
Chantilly, Virginia
“Clean, Convenient, Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located near, but not on a major thoroughfare in the region. The rooms are clean and spacious. It is also conveniently to a large variety of restaurant and available shopping. Not far from attractions like the Smithsonian Udvar-Hazy Center, Sully Plantation, Manassas Battlefield Park, Dulles Airport, Dulles Town Center, Dulles Expo & Conference Center and the Winery at Bull Run.

Room Tip: I had a King suite which had a spacious seating area and desk for conducting business. Free WiFi. F...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback . We value your comments and look forward seeing you soon in the near future.

349 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My privacy & sleep are the utmost important items when I am travelling for business. Although I have not had many negative experiences in the hotels I have stayed at, the Comfort Suites in Chantilly matches the top notch quality (and expensive stays) I have previously visited.

The cost of staying at this hotel did not match the quality of my stay, and this is in the good way. I felt that the services rendered and superb quality of the suites should be going for more! I was just smitten to have the opportunity to stay at this fine establishment, so much so, that when my business trip was extended I decided to renew my stay for the next two nights since I knew the beds were perfect and the privacy the hotel offered suited my comfort level. I didn't want to take my chances in "trying out" a new hotel since the Comfort Suites did such a great job through the week service me in stay.

What really took the cake for me, was on the fourth night of my stay was the entire bedding completely removed including pillows and absolute fresh linens were replaced. You know how when you stay at a hotel and that top sheet never gets changed? Not this place, they are 100% thorough in cleanliness and comfort.

My room was always the perfect temperature, the television had all the channels I found enjoyable, the amenities inside the rooms were better than I had an expectation of and the complimentary breakfast was the perfect start to the long days spent working in Chantilly, Virginia.

I highly recommend staying at the Comfort Suites in Chantilly, a short walk to any restaurant you have a hankering for and central to all major routes and roads in Chantilly, and the beds are like HEAVEN!

Room Tip: Corner suites at the end of the halls are private and much quieter than those in the main hall
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2013

Northern Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I agree with many -- Nice hotel, great staff. Good prices - airport shuttle after 6am .
They do handle a lot of groups, last night they were loud until after midnight that was the only night I was bothered by them.
Our shower curtain rod was sagging so the curtain did not stay closed. We also could not get more pillows (there were 4 of us) - I walked to Kmart and bought one for 4 dollars..
This is walking distance to iHop, Ruby Tuesday, dairy Queen and a couple of other restaurants. Taco Bell and Wendy's are also near by.

Room Tip: Ask to be on a different floor if they are expecting a group in that night..
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2013

Sanford NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I came to Chantilly Va to enjoy the Air/Space Museum which btw was wonderful. Not so for this hotel. So many things wrong here. #1 our room lock was broken, supposedly fixed but never was so we had to play around to get the door open & locked. A/C worked off and on in the room and it was nearly 100 outside. The dining room had no a/c, halls were hot, elevators very hot. Pillows in room on bed tiny, but we were told that was all that was available. Towels in bathroom had holes. Bath tub a nightmare and I took a fall. No tub mat and very dangerous. I could go on the on, but you get the picture. To top it all off they had a large group of young teens with several counselors check in last night and they carried on until 2am and after 3 calls to the front desk nothing was done about that. We got like 31/2 hr sleep.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2013

Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

A great value if you are visiting in the Washington DC area, this hotel boasts a very nice, clean room (I had a king suite with king bed, 40"tv, sofa bed, bath, nice size desk for writing/computing, refrigerator, sink, storage, microwave, coffee pot, iron and board) and included breakfast (with the standard items including waffles, pastries, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, cheese omelets and sausage, coffee, milk, juice, etc.) for about $75 per night. The room was lovely and the bath was very nice (although a bit worn in the tub area). Service from the front desk was very good. Located just a couple of miles from the Air and Space Museum annex and a short drive to DC itself, this was an excellent choice for the money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2013

Mexico, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed here with a group of 7-8 graders on a Smithsonian Tour, so it was picked for me. I am a Choice Hotels member, so I have stayed in a few Comfort Inns here and there.

The Hotel was clean, the carpeting in the halls was nice, not worn and the breakfast was decent as most continental breakfasts can be. The beds were comfy and I had plenty of pillows. Sleep quality was good and quiet.

If you are traveling as a couple or on your own, you might want to make sure there aren't any tours staying here. There were 3 buses staying, and it was nonetheless quiet, but if that is a concern, you might want to check.

All was well at check in, and first thing I noticed was the phone didn't work. No probs, since there was an alarm clock and I could set my phone to wake me up. The first morning, I went to take a shower, and there was no cold water. All hot, scalding hot. I also awoke to see that the toilet had leaked water onto the floor. I pulled the lid off, and determined that the pressure thing was leaking. I turned the water valve off, as I was going to be gone, and put a bunch of towels down. I told the front desk, "We'll be gone until 900 tonight, so here's what's wrong." I got back to the room that night, and the phone worked, but nothing else did.

We ended up using my daughter's room to shower in (2 doors down - which had a few shower issues of it's own), since the work hadn't been done. We were there 3 nights, and it hadn't been corrected. I would turn the toilet valve off when not needed, because I didn't want it to run all over the place. Upon checkout, the work had not been done, nor was the shower usable, so I hope they corrected it for the next person!

Overall, a good sleep, but the nagging problems might make you want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2013

phoenix, az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

after doing my customary research on trip advisor, i decided that this was the most reasonable option for visiting the dc area without the high costs of the closer in locations. as usual, i got exactly what i expected. a decent size comfortable room with the free breakfast at a more than reasonable price. i see that people complain about the breakfast, but again, ITS FREE, stop moaning. more than enough to get you going in the am. driving around dc is an absolute nightmare, so my plan to drive to the vienna station and take the train worked beautifully. as an arizonan, we are totally unaccustomed to mass transportation, but if you study the dc metro page and solicit the help at the station this is a great option to visit the dc area without breaking the bank. plenty of restaurants near this hotel and very close to dulles airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Rajesh Singh

Been to Comfort Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!