“Nice Hotel, Great Front Desk, Maintenance Problems” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Dulles Airport

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites Dulles Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Dulles Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13980 Metrotech Drive, Chantilly, VA 20151 (Formerly Comfort Suites Chantilly)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 14 hotels in Chantilly
Mexico, Missouri
“Nice Hotel, Great Front Desk, Maintenance Problems”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed here with a group of 7-8 graders on a Smithsonian Tour, so it was picked for me. I am a Choice Hotels member, so I have stayed in a few Comfort Inns here and there.

The Hotel was clean, the carpeting in the halls was nice, not worn and the breakfast was decent as most continental breakfasts can be. The beds were comfy and I had plenty of pillows. Sleep quality was good and quiet.

If you are traveling as a couple or on your own, you might want to make sure there aren't any tours staying here. There were 3 buses staying, and it was nonetheless quiet, but if that is a concern, you might want to check.

All was well at check in, and first thing I noticed was the phone didn't work. No probs, since there was an alarm clock and I could set my phone to wake me up. The first morning, I went to take a shower, and there was no cold water. All hot, scalding hot. I also awoke to see that the toilet had leaked water onto the floor. I pulled the lid off, and determined that the pressure thing was leaking. I turned the water valve off, as I was going to be gone, and put a bunch of towels down. I told the front desk, "We'll be gone until 900 tonight, so here's what's wrong." I got back to the room that night, and the phone worked, but nothing else did.

We ended up using my daughter's room to shower in (2 doors down - which had a few shower issues of it's own), since the work hadn't been done. We were there 3 nights, and it hadn't been corrected. I would turn the toilet valve off when not needed, because I didn't want it to run all over the place. Upon checkout, the work had not been done, nor was the shower usable, so I hope they corrected it for the next person!

Overall, a good sleep, but the nagging problems might make you want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback . We value your comments and look forward seeing you soon in the near future.

348 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
phoenix, az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

after doing my customary research on trip advisor, i decided that this was the most reasonable option for visiting the dc area without the high costs of the closer in locations. as usual, i got exactly what i expected. a decent size comfortable room with the free breakfast at a more than reasonable price. i see that people complain about the breakfast, but again, ITS FREE, stop moaning. more than enough to get you going in the am. driving around dc is an absolute nightmare, so my plan to drive to the vienna station and take the train worked beautifully. as an arizonan, we are totally unaccustomed to mass transportation, but if you study the dc metro page and solicit the help at the station this is a great option to visit the dc area without breaking the bank. plenty of restaurants near this hotel and very close to dulles airport.

Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed at this particular hotel Friday June 28 because of the ratings, a regular Choice hotels guest and the indoor pool (rain was in the forecast). I called the hotel before leaving home to make sure that we could get an early check in and enjoy the pool before our plans for the evening, was told it would not be a problem. Arrived and had no problem with check in but after going to our room, changing and heading to the pool we found it was closed and didn't open till 5pm on weekdays....daughter was quite disappointed but we shrugged it off and requested a late check out so we could enjoy it the next day. We came back to the hotel after the show and tried to get a bottle of water from the vending machine, water wasn't even an option to choose from, only soda's. And on top of that, the machine was broken and wouldn't accept the money anyway. The next morning the food was inedible, eggs couldn't even be ripped apart so once again, we decided to just go to the pool, which was to open at 10am. Changed into our bathing suits and headed downstairs at 10:10 only to find the pool closed. Checked with the front desk and they were surprised and unaware the pool wasn't open. The lady called the lifeguard company (they subcontract this out) and was told there would be a lifeguard there in 30 min.....45 min later, still no lifeguard. Once again, she called and they told her another 20 min. With a 2-3 hour drive ahead of me and unsure if the lifeguard would ever show up, we decided to just go ahead and leave. When we left at 12pm, there was still no lifeguard there and the pool was still closed. She proceeded to tell me that because I did an advance purchase through their site, she couldn't adjust my charges but would leave a message for the manager to contact me. As of yesterday, Wednesday July 3, no one had contacted me so *I* called them and spoke with the front desk manager, was told the GM was in a meeting. FD manager said he would talk with the GM and get back with me no later than today. Again, I called a few minutes ago and was told that both managers are unavailable today and will get back with me. I chose this hotel because of the pool and brand....it was much further away than many other hotels that I could have chosen and I'm at this point beyond disappointed in their customer service and how they're handling this. I travel quite a bit and haven't encountered anything like this before....seems like such a run around and lack of stepping up to the plate and handling a customers concerns.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear about your stay concerns. Please be assured we will make every possible effort to resolve this to the best of your satisfaction,

Lancaster, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Great say and great facilities for the cost. Staff was pleasant and professional. Good breakfast (included). Excellent service for Dulles airport. The shuttle driver, Tony, drove back to the hotel and picked up a phone we had accidently left and brought it back to us at the airport (Thanks Tony!).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and complimenting Tony . We value your comments and look forward seeing you soon in the near future.

Bismarck, North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

The hotel looks great on the outside and in the lobby area. However; the rooms tell a much different story. The ceiling was moldy, and not just a little. The rooms were very dated. The distance was much farther away from D.C. than I hoped for and traffic was terrible. So my advice, if you choose to stay, try the first floor, we were on the third. If you are looking for a room close to D.C., this is not the place for you. Next time I'll pay the extra.

• Stayed June 2013
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 29, 2013

Tulum, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The hotel itself is very near the Smithsonian Annex of the Air and Space Museum and free shuttle is available on demand. Very handy, call them and they will pick you up.

The hotel itself is comfortable and clean. No room service but many local restaurants will deliver to your room. There is a Business Center, a free breakfast buffet and Courtesy Dulles Airport Pick up.

Special Shout out to Tony who drives the Shuttle and sometimes takes the front desk. He was most helpful. Also special thanks to Mike the large Linebacker Built man on the night desk who was of special help when my electronic door key jammed. Service was as amenable as it was rapid. FIVE STARS TO THE STAFF!

If you are landing at Dulles late in the day and do not want to travel into DC or if you are visiting the Air and space Museum, I recommend the Comfort Suites.

Room Tip: Rooms away from elevator are quieter. My room 228 had a micro, a sink and a mini fridge in the room...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 24, 2013

Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is probably one of the worst hotels that I've stayed in. The hotel is in a good location, the breakfast is good, and the rooms were big, but that was about it. The room we stayed in had several things wrong with it, the door wouldn't lock correctly, no refrigerator, the bathtub was dirty, one of the lamps wasn't working, and the shower head had very little pressure. Luckily, the hotel staff was more than willing to give us a new room, but it definitely ruined the hotel experience a little bit, especially considering there are cheaper options in the area, that are of better quality.

If you are looking for a very nice hotel, at a good rate, in the Chantilly/Fairfax area, definitely look into the Hilton Garden Inn Fairfax, we just stayed there, and everything was great! The hotel staff was exceptional, the rooms were very clean, and they leave cookies out at the front desk after 5:00 P.M.!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 22, 2013

Rajesh Singh

Been to Comfort Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!