“A little disappointed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Dulles Airport

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites Dulles Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Dulles Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13980 Metrotech Drive, Chantilly, VA 20151 (Formerly Comfort Suites Chantilly)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 14 hotels in Chantilly
Ottawa, ON
“A little disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We booked this hotel after a long drive from Savannah and the intention of visiting the Udvar-Hazy museum at Dulles the next morning.

The hotel is well located in a quiet area and is attractive. Check-in was courteous and efficient. We had asked for a king on an upper floor and that is what we were assigned. The room was clean and well appointed including a large (42'?) LG flat screen TV. Nice sofa area and work space. Lots of drawers but the closet is a little small.

The shortcomings were the lack of a safe, the shower curtain bar was not securely attached (previous damage) allowing the curtain to fall away from the corner and water to fall on the floor. The hot water started hot then went very cool for about a minute before returning to temperature. The tub is an unusual design in that the bottom slants in from the sides resulting in a tendency to slip. I suspect that a previous guest slipped and grabed the shower curtain bar resulting in its damage. There is an ice machine installed on all floors but the one on the 4th floor (ours) was out of service.

I think that when you are paying about $100 per night it would be nice to have proper glasses supplied instead of two flimsy plastic ones.

The breakfast selection was more or less standard but there were two regular blends of coffee offered and an omelette variation was offered.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We value your comments and patronage and will use your comments to enhance the quality of our product.

348 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived, the mens lobby bathroom was clogged. It was still clogged the next morning. The house-keepers smelled like marijuana, the smell lingered for hours after they left, leading me to believe it was used on property. At breakfast, the attendant was involved in a conversation where the f-word was loudly and repeatedly used. Both of my children are under 7 years old and were present. My son slipped in a puddle in the bathroom and ended up hurt and wet. 15 minutes after reporting it, the puddle was still there and no wet floor sign was present. Highly dissatisfied. Although the location is within walking distance to many restaurants and stores.

• Stayed April 2013
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
It seems there is some serious misunderstanding. Our staff are very crisply dressed and do not have questionable odors as you have stated. In addition, they do not engage in using profane verbiage in guest or team member areas. You probably have your stays mixed up from a different hotel. Please be advised such surveys can wrongfully affect the profile of a hotel. I encourage you to remove this survey at the very earliest.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Greetings,

Ms. Paula was amazing! I work with a company in NC and was scheduled to visit the Chantilly area on business. I called the local hotels in the area to get a feel of the place before driving down. I spoke with Ms. Paula at the Front Desk on a Sunday afternoon and she gave stellar customer service. She told me all about the hotel and amenities and even suggested that I speak with her Sales Manager about setting up a special business rate if I would be visiting the area often. She was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and complimenting Paula. We value your comments and look forward seeing you soon in the near future.

Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My agent was Tony and he served his best to me and helped me a lot as i was new to that area. His hospitality is excellent. Tony suggested and guide me a lot to know more of my trip. I finally wanna say that This hotel is best and the agent Tony is a good guy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and complimenting Tony. We value your comments and look forward seeing you soon in the near future.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed at Comfort Suites Chantilly while visiting DC and enjoyed it that much here, I extended my stay. The hotel is located across the road from a large shopping complex with plenty of restaurants and takeaway shops + an Aldi and other shops.
I made use of the indoor pool and gym in the hotel which are small but suitable (it's a hotel, not a fitness club so I was happy with the facilities). My room was extremely spacious and clean with a fast wifi connection and an LG tv with cable.

Muhammad, one of the workers at the hotel is the most friendly person you will ever meet. He turned my stay here from a very good stay to a great stay. He gave me any info I needed, drove the shuttle to the airport and couldn't have been more polite and helpful.
Chantilly is an hour bus ride to DC so if you don't mind the transit, I recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Free airport shuttle to Dulles Airport, can catch the 5A bus to DC from there
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and complimenting Muhammad. We value your comments and look forward seeing you soon in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for a big soccer tournament so this hotel wasn't our choice it was book by our coach. In saying that I enjoy the stay , the kids love the indoor . Wish there was a hot tub for the parents to enjoy though. The rooms were nice and spacious. Services was very nice. Special thanks to Courie for letting us use the lobby for social time that was great. All in all I hope we pick this hotel again next time we play in the area.

• Stayed March 2013
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and complimenting Courie. We value your comments and look forward seeing you soon in the near future.

Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My wife and I have stayed twice in the past six months. On both occasions, we drove to this hotel the night before a flight out of Dulles, stayed the night and left our car for about a week each time. The first time all went smoothly-excellent room and service. Our second experience less so. The hotel information website and room info booklet listed shuttle service to 11:00 PM. Upon checking in, we were informed that no shuttle would be available after 10;30. As our return flight arrived at 10;40, we were told to "take a cab, only $ 20.00". The return flight was canceled due to bad weather at Dulles and we flew three days later arriving at 5:30. We picked up our luggage at 5:45, and called the hotel-no answer. A second call was answered and a shuttle was on the way-20 minute wait. A third call 30 minutes later-"on the way 5-7 minutes. The shuttle finall arrived after a 45 minute wait outside, very cold very windy day. When asked about the wait, we were informed that they had been busy. Stay again, maybe not. Douglas

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback . We value your comments and look forward seeing you soon in the near future.

Rajesh Singh

Been to Comfort Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!