“Preferred place to stay in this area.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Dulles Airport

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites Dulles Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Dulles Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13980 Metrotech Drive, Chantilly, VA 20151 (Formerly Comfort Suites Chantilly)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
JULIAN
“Preferred place to stay in this area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel is one of the Best of the Choice Hotel Chain, and one of the Best among Comfort Suites. Everything is immaculate, and the staff treat you like a King. I have never had a bad experience at this location. Absolutely wonderful stays. I have stayed here many times, and it is in my favorites list. I am willing to drive for a way to my work assignments, if I can sleep here at night.
As a Choice Hotel Diamond Member, they have always Upgraded me to a Suite without even asking.

Room Tip: Either the King or Queen Suites are the best.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We look forward seeing you stay with us on a more frequent basis.

Rajesh Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Just wanted to let someone that Cory was very helpful to my son who flight got canceled and his bags got lost at the airport and need a place to stay for the night. Cory was nice enough to let me pay for my son's room even thought I was like 600 miles away. That took a lot of stress off me know he was some where safe until he got another flight home.

• Stayed January 2013
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your comments and complimenting Courie. We look forward seeing you soon.

Florence, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My room was comfortable and reasonably priced. Breakfast was good, and the shuttle was efficient. I left my car at the hotel (no problems) and phoned for a pickup with my return flight landed. They arrived in about 15 minutes and took me straight to the hotel. Service was excellent; I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We look forward seeing you soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel around two in the morning after a long road trip and I got lost trying to find the hotel. Lucky Courie was working he give me great direction and help me and my kids get settle in nicely. I know we had to ask him like a thousand question. And he was very polite and answer all of them with a smile. I will definitely stay at this hotel again if we ever comeback to Washington.

• Stayed January 2013
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, January 20, 2013

Cincinnati, OH, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I spent four nights at the Comfort Inn while attending a seminar in Chantilly. I selected the Comfort Inn based upon the price, location, and my previous experiences staying at other properties in the chain. Since I have quite a bit to write, I think I will structure my review a little differently this time.

What I liked:

The staff was excellent--top notch. Everyone I spoke to was very friendly and helpful. When I got locked out of my room due to a lock issue the first morning, Ray dropped what he was doing and got me back in quickly so I could grab my stuff for the seminar. Since my door was going to be left open for maintenance, Paula immediately assigned me a new room. I was impressed with their service and grateful for the room swap. I also liked the large room size, abundance of electrical outlets, and the excellent cable TV lineup. The free breakfast selection was about average, with hot eggs and sausage patties, waffles, mini muffins, English muffins, breads, cereals, apples, oranges, yogurt, and hard boiled eggs. Not a bad selection, but not the best, either.

What I thought needed improvement:

The rooms need maintenance. Aside from getting locked out twice by just pulling the door closed (lock issue and then dead batteries in the second room lock), the first room had purple splatters on the wall that looked like a wine or grape juice bottle had exploded at some point in the past. The bathroom also had a mismatched ceiling tile that made the room seem kludged. The second room looked like it had experienced water damage at some point and the wallpaper was reattached with drywall screws. Again, it looked kludged.

I also have to wonder where the hot water heater is located. In both rooms, I ran the bathroom faucet for over three minutes without getting anything more than lukewarm water. I finally turned on the tub faucet for an additional 2-3 minutes before I got any hot water. When taking a shower each morning, I had to spend several minutes coaxing the hot water out of the faucet, and I quickly learned it was necessary to keep one hand on the valve, as the temperature would alternate between warm and invigorating (cold, that is) in the blink of an eye. Showers were not relaxing. I spoke to another seminar attendee with a room on the second floor and he reported the same long wait for hot water. I can only assume the hot water heater is located somewhere distant--possibly miles away.

Other general information:

The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. They do not use a mattress bag to shield against bedbugs and they do not sandwich the blanket between two sheets--if you have read any of my other reviews, you know I like to see both of those. There is no central light switch for the room--the wall switch only controls the entry light. There is a large flat screen TV in the room. If you get audio but no video, reseat the power cord where it enters the TV. Don't ask how I know this, but did I mention the staff is very helpful? The bathroom sink is located in the bathroom itself, which is less convenient if traveling with a family (I wasn't). There is a prep sink in the kitchenette area, along with a microwave and a fridge. There is a nice workplace in the room.

Overall, I was a little disappointed with the property. It looks really nice on the outside and in the lobby, but the rooms need some help. If/when I come back to Chantilly, I will most likely stay elsewhere. It's sad, because the place could be really nice with some TLC (and a hot water heater).

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We have reviewed your comments and will address them with a strong sense of urgency. We hope to restore these deficiencies at the very earliest.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This was my second stay at Comfort Suites Chantilly. This stay was just as enjoyable as my previous stay. The rooms are nice, clean, and roomy. The king bed I had was very comfortable. During my check-in, the front desk clerk, Paula, was very friendly and made me feel welcome. Paula was also there when I checked out, and she made it a point to check on my satisfaction with my stay. The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job also of tidying my room up every day. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We look forward seeing you soon.

Champaign, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed only one night at the Comfort Suites, but the room, service, and staff were all excellent. The hotel shuttle was available to take guests anywhere within a 3 mile radius of the hotel and left promptly on every half hour. Tony, who drove the shuttle, was very courteous and friendly and a pleasure to talk to. The staff were ready to help at a moment's notice. The Business Center was also very convenient to use and extremely helpful during my stay. Finally, the price was very reasonable and easily accessible from Dulles. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your comments and complimenting Tony. We look forward serving you soon.

Rajesh Singh

Been to Comfort Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!