“Comfort Suites Chantilly June 23, 2012” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Dulles Airport

You added Comfort Suites Dulles Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Dulles Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13980 Metrotech Drive, Chantilly, VA 20151 (Formerly Comfort Suites Chantilly)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Dover, Pennsylvania
“Comfort Suites Chantilly June 23, 2012”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I am a Choice Hotels member, and I rate my stay and this hotel among the best I've experienced in quality and value. Beginning and ending with the professional and friendly front desk associate Paula, I found the Comfort Suites in Chantilly Va, to be very well managed. The rooms were modern, including flat screen TVs, comfortable beds and work areas. Also, the indoor pool was clean and well maintained, and the full breakfast was nice. The location was also convenient to many locations, including DC and Manassas Va. My only complaints are that the fitness room was too hot to work out in (the outside temperature was in the 90's) and my room smelled a bit damp. Essentially, this property is among a select few Choice Hotels to which I look forward to returning.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Thank you for highlighting Paula as a cavalier who went above and beyond. We value your comments and use it as an educational tool to train our staff and enhance the quality of our product.

Rajesh Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Wilmington, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

This was the worst stay I have ever had in my life!!!!!! To start off the breakfast was terrible it was taking way to long for the food and half of it was not good. The fitness center is one of the worst I have ever seen. In the middle of the night I was bitten by a bug at first I thougtht it was a bed bug it ended up being a roach and that was the first of three that I found on my stay that were alive and crawling on the floor and wall. I was moved hlaf way through my stay with no explantion as to why. I went up to my room that evening to find that my key did not work. But that the maid had left the door open thank god no one took any of my stuff. Then I went to dinner came back close to 11 at night to get a new key to find out they had switvhed my room. Instead of telling me they locked me out of my room. I would have not even know they left no message in the room or on the phone number I gave them. Then they did not even offer to help me move my stuff. I was tired from the days meetings and events it was after 11 pm by this time. After the move I found 2 more roaches. On top of that ever night I had to go down after I got in late and ask for more towels. Like I said in the beginning worst experience ever!!!! The reason these reviews are so good are because people come in for a one night stay becuase it is close to the airport. Well I had a conference and was their four nights. Reviews are not everything but it was bad. It was also every hot everywhere in the hotel. Other than the room where you can control the air but it made the room feel wet. Any way once again it was horrible!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Good Morning,

Thank you for your feedback. We value your comments. Please be advised we have designated pest exterminators that treat our facility periodically. When you mention a serious word like "roaches" it could be as a result of any previous/current guest in the hotel who may have transferred it via luggage, or stay at a previous hotel or any other medium. It is not a fair assessment to solely blame a hotel.

north carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We had a good stay. Room was nice...and HUGE. Breakfast was good, too. The people I encountered at the front desk were amiable and helpful, with one exception. We checked in on a Monday night. The person who was manning the desk was a tall African-American man. I don't know his name, but maybe the manager will know who I'm talking about. He seemed to handle our check-in efficiently, and was certainly quick about it. But I'm not sure he ever made eye contact with us during the whole exchange, and I don't think there was a smile, or even a pleasant expression on his face. I've had more pleasant conversations with a potted plant. Gushy is not necessary, and in fact gushy is usually a bit annoying. But THIS is too much at the other extreme. If it's gonna kill him to be pleasant to people, perhaps he's doing the wrong job. Put him in the back rooms, doing sheets and towels. At least, that way he doesn't come into contact with people. He is the first person of your hotel that people talk to, and believe me it doesn't leave the public with a good impression of your establishment. Let me be clear: he was NOT rude to us. But if you have the personality of a potted plant, you probably ought not to be working the front desk.

Room Tip: Opting not to type anything here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Good Morning,

Thank you for your genuine feedback. We appreciate your comments and will ensure that items that we fell short in will be rectified.

Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

This is the best hotel I have every stayed in at this price. The weekend rates for this place can not be beat, and Cory at the front the is very helpful. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you for complimenting Mark for his great service. We look forward seeing you more often at our hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I had a wonderful experience at this hotel and Mark Beale was a very helpful young man. My family and I well surely be staying here again and we will recommend it to our family and friends.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We value your comments and look forward seeing you soon in the near future,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

My stay at this hotel has been nothing but a pleasure. The facility is very nice and the staff is t really what makes it a pleasure... My favorite is Tony... He is a genuine sweetheart and so helpful

• Stayed June 2012
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
Thank you for your great comments and complimenting Tony. We look forward seeing you soon in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

This hotel is a very good place to stay for its price. The staff is very nice, cory at the front desk was very helpful with all our needs. He help us with direction into and around DC.

• Stayed May 2012
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you for your comments and complimenting Courie. We look forward serving you soon in the near future.

Rajesh Singh

Been to Comfort Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!