“Excellent Customer service. Thank you Ms. Doreen. Will alwys return back & recommend.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Chantilly Dulles South

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Checked in early morning after a very long flight. The FD lady, Doreen, beautiful inside out, made the whole misfortunate trip experience, up to me! Very professional, cheerful & helpful. She went above & beyond to check me in. The hotel was almost sold out. She hooked me up to this wonderful & relaxing property. Employees like her, decide the success of the business. My room was spotless, well maintained & I enjoyed the best tv channles in the area, which means a lot to me! The GM, is a very kind & efficient gentleman. The housekeeping staff, is also cheerful, polite & very friendly. I am planning to be back next week. Thank you all for a peaceful & awesome stay.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Locust Grove, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Everything was working: theromostat, shower, elevator, kitchen appliances. Helpful staff and an adequate breakfast menu .. typical yogurt, cereal fruit, but also with microwaveable breakfast sandwiches.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
St. Petersburg, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2015

Don't stay here. Especially if you are a Marriott rewards member. I have been traveling for over 10 years (a road warrior) and Marriott is one of the brands I like to stay at. I will NEVER stay at this particular location ever again. The window was cracked and the frame of the window was broken in my room. The refrigerator made very loud noises when it ran. When the planes changed routes at Dulles, they flew directly over the hotel up until 11:30 pm.

I was scheduled to stay more than 30 nights and my project was cancelled. Though hotels do have the right to upcharge a customer when they check out earlier than planned, NEVER in ten years has a hotel chose to do this to me until I stayed here!!! I am a Platinum Elite member, and other hotels take this in to consideration before even considering an upcharge upon check out. I have stayed over 2,000 nights with Marriott in ten years. And yet this location charged me an additional $320 upon check out because I was only there 16 nights before my project got cancelled. I notified Marriott corporate and they pushed it to the general manager of the hotel who didn't care.

I will NEVER stay here again. NEVER. And I plan to tell everyone I know -- don't stay there!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!! Bad place.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Lynn R, Manager at TownePlace Suites Chantilly Dulles South, responded to this review, February 18, 2015
Dear Patty M.

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced while you were here at our hotel. It is never our desire for our guest to leave being unhappy with their stay. We have address the issues that you experienced such as; the window, and the refridgerator. We unfortunately can't fix the noise from the planes. We are close to the airport, which makes it convenient for some of our guest to stay with us.

The major problem that you seem to have had was with your rate change. As, per previous communications you had with our GM, the situation is still the same. When you book for a length of time and shorten your stay, your rate is subject to increase. At our hotel, if you stay longer than anticipated your rates are subject to decrease contingent on the number of days. On the 30th day, your county tax are refunded, at 90 days your occupancy tax is refunded, thus making your stay tax free after 90 days.

We work very hard to please our guest, and I am sorry we missed your mark. We will continue to work hard to improve and we hope one day you will allow us another opportunity to win your business back. We wish you the best.

Yours in Hospitality,
Doreen J
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for almost a week for business travel. Located close to Dulles airport and convenient to local eateries. Staff was friendly and polite. Rooms are typical Towne Place. Small but perfect for the occasion. Clean yet aging hotel.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2014

We were at this location for a quick stay in Dec/2014. Checked in very late at night (1:30am) and was very efficiently served by the front desk clerk.

Our room was clean, and as advertised.

Minimal noise from the nearby Dulles airport.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Mitchellville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

This was my second stay at this particular location. We selected this location due to proximity to 29 and 66, as well as other attractions. When we stayed this time, we asked for the cost of our room to be split between myself and my niece. However, when we received the folio the morning of our departure, we noticed that the entire amount was placed on my card. My niece also had the entire amount on hold on her credit card. After insisting that a manager be contacted, the front desk person, reluctantly contacted the manager, and received instructions to correct the error. While she was able to correct their error, I still must wait until I see my statement to be sure it was corrected. I do plan on returning to this location, however, next time I wil pay with cash. That will avoid this problem as well as the additional incidental fee of 40 dollars from being placed on my account.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Lynn R, Manager at TownePlace Suites Chantilly Dulles South, responded to this review, November 17, 2014
Dear Ms. Fields,
Thank You for choosing to stay with us here at the TownPlace Suites Chantilly, VA. We truly value your business and never take it for granted. My apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced concerning your payment It is never our desire that any guest would leave the hotel disappointed.
We hope you will continue to choose us for your hotel accommodations whenever your travels bring you to the Chantilly Area. If you have any question about our policies regarding credit card or cash payments for reservations, please feel free to contact me directly.

Doreen J.
Manager
Evans, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2014

Stayed here for two nights. The staff was friendly, but the location needs some updating to include getting rid of some musty smells that I can only assume are left over from days when people smoked in the rooms. Otherwise it's more than adequate for your needs if you just need a place to crash for a night or two. I would not want to stay here for an extended period of time though.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Lynn R, Manager at TownePlace Suites Chantilly Dulles South, responded to this review, November 14, 2014
Good Morning Mr. Mike D,
On behalf of our hotel I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced while staying with us. I have discussed your specific experience regarding the smell of your room with our housekeeping staff, and we have taken steps to rectify the issue. It is never our desire for our guest to leave the hotel unhappy with their stay. It is our hope that is your travels bring you back to Chantilly; you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the service and accommodations you deserve. If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me personally. Thank you.

Yours in Hospitality,

Doreen J.
Operations Manager

Been to TownePlace Suites Chantilly Dulles South? Share your experiences!