“Great for an Extended Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Pacific Grove, California
“Great for an Extended Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We had to be in the northern VA area for a week and were pleased we picked TownePlace Suites in Chantilly. It was convenient for our arrival by car along route 50 from West Virginia and convenient for our departure by plane from Dulles. The studio-suite with queen bed, sitting area, desk/table combo and full kitchen was a real cut above a basic hotel room for a stay of this length. When we arrived at Dulles and before driving to WV, we stayed overnight at the Airport Marriott, which was a major disappointment. From now on, we'll be here instead.

Room Tip: If you don't like the noise of kids romping in a small pool, ask to be located in the building a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Lynn R, Manager at TownePlace Suites Chantilly Dulles South, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear RuNanS,
Thank you very much for your kind comments and review of the hotel. I am so thrilled to hear that your stay was a convenient and enjoyable one! Your room tip was a great idea; thank you for pointing that out. Since we have an outdoor pool, it is seasonal, and noise from the pool is not a factor during the off-season.
You mentioned that you'd like to make this hotel your hotel of choice when travelling to the area and I am ecstaic to hear this! Should you need any special requests upon your next arrival, please contact the hotel directly so that we may do what we can to fulfill those requests for you.

Thank you, once again, for your time and feedback, and we'll look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!

Best Regards,
Jae R.
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I would never stay there again. The cleanliness was questionable, the property setup was bizarre. I had to walk across the parking lot, from the office to check into my room, and then walk up three flights of stairs. None of the conveniences of a hotel at all.

Room Tip: Ask for a clean one...Good luck.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Lynn R, Manager at TownePlace Suites Chantilly Dulles South, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Mr. Foster,
I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. We value our guests' comfort and expectations and do our best to carry on the true Marriott tradition in that aspect. If you would like to contact the hotel directly to further discuss your concerns, please do not hesitate to call and speak with me directly. Shoud you find yourself in the Chantilly area again and would like to give us another chance, we'd be happy to ensure your next stay to be more enjoyable.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future!

Warmest Regards,
Jae R.
Operations Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I stayed for 10 nights on business. I changed rooms immediately after check-in; crying baby in the room next to me. The connecting doors between rooms allowed the noise to carry into my room. The room I moved to had no door to the adjacent room. My room and the hallway had an off odor at times. I'm unsure what the odor was - just kind of a less-than-fresh aroma. Fortunately not strong or particularly objectionable. Room was very clean, but the decor seems slightly dated. It's fine, but it doesn't have a contemporary feel. Kitchen has an almost full sized fridge, small 4 burner stove with oven, dishwasher and single sink. One TV which swivels so you can watch from bed, the sofa or the table. The table has one office type chair and one wooden chair with padded seat. Bathroom is okay. Small shelf over the toilet helps offset the smallish vanity countertop. The closet is good sized with 3 wire shelves on one side. The shelves help since the room has no dresser. The TV stand has one drawer and each night stand has 2 drawers. Slept great on the bed and love the soft pillows. The pool was not open, but it looked rough - organic crud floating on the surface and on the bottom, some floating trash that had blown in, hoses left laying out. Walkways and outdoor rugs were never blown off. They have coffee 24 hrs and cookies in the evening. I never bothered with the cold selections at their breakfast. If you are not in the main building with the office and stuff, you have to walk across the parking lot to get coffee. You must use the room key to get inside the room hallways all the time. Not really needing a kitchen, I'll probably stay at the Fairfield next door if I have to stay in the area again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

i am a repeated guest. I like this hotel. it's clean & comfy. The GM, Mr. Lynn, is an excellent gentleman. Unfortunately, he was on leave during my last stay. I like everything about this hotel. I just have a problem when paper work to some employee is much better than the business! I am a platinum Marriott member. This is my 3rd stay at this hote. I redeme points over there but as a Marriott guest for as much as i remeber, I pay everything in credit card except for my incidentals koz I had a bad experiences. When an employee stated that paying incidentals is a Marriott thing, I don't buy it koz, I've been there, done that forever! No problem if you set your own rule but don't put it on Marriott rules! I mentioned that I won't stay there again if this is the case, the lady, who is professional, didn't say anything! That says, their rules or the highway! I accet that & wont be back koz that made her happy! A repeated guest is more important than paper work! They don't believe in that the, too bad! I like this hotel but won't be back due to their own issue!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

As TownePlace suites go, this property is on par with the rest I've stayed at. My room was in excellent condition and I was especially impressed with housekeeping. Not 1 inch was overlooked. The GM, Lynn, is super friendly and very hands-on. Always a presence at the front desk. The hotel is quiet and within reasonable walking distance of restaurants and shopping. If I had to complain about something, it would be the frying pan. However the same pots and pans are provided at every TownePlace Suites. Stainless steel cookware isn't ideal for frying eggs and bacon. Also note, if you're without a car and need to get to/from the airport, it's a cab fare.

Overall, I was more than pleased with my stay and will return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Morgantown, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed at the TownePlace Suites for two weeks in September 2013 with my fiances' Marriott points. Overall, it was a positive experience. The rooms themselves were in excellent condition. Very clean, and it was nice to have a kitchenette where I could cook dinner if I wanted to. All of the pots and pans, silverware, etc., that you could need were in the cabinets and ready for use. This was really great. I also found the front desk staff extremely pleasant. I have since stayed in a few other hotels in the area, and I can say that this hotel had the most comfortable bed out of them all.

That being said, there were a few things that were just so-so about my stay. I stayed in two different rooms during my two weeks there. In the room I had for week one and in the room I had for week two, which were on different floors, there was a strange smell of something like spoiled milk. It wasn't overwhelming and it wasn't something that made me pack my bags and leave, but it was definitely noticeable as you passed from the hallways into the guest rooms.

This hotel is also very close to Dulles Airport, which is great for people who need to catch a flight early in the morning. I did not have any trouble sleeping at night due to the air traffic, but it is definitely noticeable and might trouble extremely light sleepers.

Additionally, I was hoping there would be some hot items for breakfast but there were just toaster items, yogurt, whole fruit and pre-packaged muffins. This wasn't a bad stay by any means, especially staying on hotel points, but the Wingate across the street has better breakfast options and lower prices.

Room Tip: Request to stay in the main building where the front desk is. Otherwise, you will have to walk outs...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Visited 4 nights as redemption of my Marriott points. Enjoyed my stay. Hotel is well maintained, clean & quite. (Planes noises don't bother me). Front desk staff is not the friendliest but efficient & professional. I should really thank the GM, Mr. Lynn, who impressed me by being there all the 4 days working at the front desk & making sute that everything is fine. I had an issue, which is my problem, not his! He maintained my needs very elegantly, professionaly, politely & patiently. I appreciate this dedicated soul anywhere. He made my stay by his exsistance & high experience. I thank him & his staff for an excellent stay. P.S. This hotel has the best TV channels around DC! Will be back & recommend it to everybody.

Room Tip: I am a heavy sleeper so, planes noise doesn't bother me!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to TownePlace Suites Chantilly Dulles South? Share your experiences!