“Very little to complain about” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #12 of 14 hotels in Chantilly
Phoenix
“Very little to complain about”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

As TownePlace suites go, this property is on par with the rest I've stayed at. My room was in excellent condition and I was especially impressed with housekeeping. Not 1 inch was overlooked. The GM, Lynn, is super friendly and very hands-on. Always a presence at the front desk. The hotel is quiet and within reasonable walking distance of restaurants and shopping. If I had to complain about something, it would be the frying pan. However the same pots and pans are provided at every TownePlace Suites. Stainless steel cookware isn't ideal for frying eggs and bacon. Also note, if you're without a car and need to get to/from the airport, it's a cab fare.

Overall, I was more than pleased with my stay and will return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Morgantown, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed at the TownePlace Suites for two weeks in September 2013 with my fiances' Marriott points. Overall, it was a positive experience. The rooms themselves were in excellent condition. Very clean, and it was nice to have a kitchenette where I could cook dinner if I wanted to. All of the pots and pans, silverware, etc., that you could need were in the cabinets and ready for use. This was really great. I also found the front desk staff extremely pleasant. I have since stayed in a few other hotels in the area, and I can say that this hotel had the most comfortable bed out of them all.

That being said, there were a few things that were just so-so about my stay. I stayed in two different rooms during my two weeks there. In the room I had for week one and in the room I had for week two, which were on different floors, there was a strange smell of something like spoiled milk. It wasn't overwhelming and it wasn't something that made me pack my bags and leave, but it was definitely noticeable as you passed from the hallways into the guest rooms.

This hotel is also very close to Dulles Airport, which is great for people who need to catch a flight early in the morning. I did not have any trouble sleeping at night due to the air traffic, but it is definitely noticeable and might trouble extremely light sleepers.

Additionally, I was hoping there would be some hot items for breakfast but there were just toaster items, yogurt, whole fruit and pre-packaged muffins. This wasn't a bad stay by any means, especially staying on hotel points, but the Wingate across the street has better breakfast options and lower prices.

Room Tip: Request to stay in the main building where the front desk is. Otherwise, you will have to walk outs...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Visited 4 nights as redemption of my Marriott points. Enjoyed my stay. Hotel is well maintained, clean & quite. (Planes noises don't bother me). Front desk staff is not the friendliest but efficient & professional. I should really thank the GM, Mr. Lynn, who impressed me by being there all the 4 days working at the front desk & making sute that everything is fine. I had an issue, which is my problem, not his! He maintained my needs very elegantly, professionaly, politely & patiently. I appreciate this dedicated soul anywhere. He made my stay by his exsistance & high experience. I thank him & his staff for an excellent stay. P.S. This hotel has the best TV channels around DC! Will be back & recommend it to everybody.

Room Tip: I am a heavy sleeper so, planes noise doesn't bother me!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
chantilly
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed at this property for the entire month of September on business.

Room was well appointed with a kitchenette, good size refrigerator, stove, microwave, and appliances.

Everything was clean, functional, and in very good to new condition.

Hotel is in a good location, convenient to grocery stores, airport, DC metro, etc.

Could not beat the value for the price. Having the kitchenette and being able to avoid having to eat at restaurants every night is a huge cost saver.

Staff is very attentive, polite, accommodating, and knowledgeable of the area.

• Stayed September 2013
Poughkeepsie, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed overnight at this hotel in a 2 bedroom suite. The suite was more spacious than I had expected and the quality of amenities was also better than I had expected. The room had a full kitchen (full-size fridge, stove/oven, microwave, sink, and coffee maker). I would have expected more dishes, utensils, and glasses, however, given a 2-bedroom suite. The room was clean an neat, however there was a mess of food crumbs right outside our door (there was no way to tell whether or not that just happened or was left there). The beds were a little uncomfortable and the walls were as thin as paper. You could hear people walking overhead if you were on a lower floor (as we were) as well as people walking up the stairs, since we abutted the stairwell.

Check in was relatively quick and the staff was very friendly. Breakfast was a little lacking in substance, as all that was available were breads, pre-packaged Sara-Lee muffins, cereals, oatmeal and 2 kinds of fruit along with the usual coffee, juices, yogurts, and milks. However, the breakfast area was well kept, although somewhat small (about the size of a hotel room).

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor so you're not disturbed by people walking overhead late a night.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed at the TownPlace Suites Chantilly Dulles South on a 12 day business trip to the area. This was my first visit to this hotel and I specifically chose this hotel because of both the location, but more importantly because I was able to use PointSaver nights with my Marriott reward points.

The hotel is very convenient to Sully Road, Dulles Airport, restaurants and grocery stores. There are numerous good restaurants and a couple of grocery stores within short walking distance. Also within a few miles drive is the FairFax shopping district (10 minutes) and the FairFax/Vienna Metro station (15 minutes).

Due to the proximity to Dulles, it can be noisy depending upon the flight patterns. Outside can be deafening as the large international flights land and take off. Inside I was able to avoid the harsh edges of the noise by running my AC fan continuously. This provided enough white noise that the outside noise did not bother me, but for someone people this may not be enough.

The biggest problem I had with the hotel was not the hotel staff, or the buildings, but the guests. I guess the cheap nature of the hotel brings less than reputable guests at times. There was a consistent crowns in the gazebo, and my colleagues suggested less than reputable actions occurred there.

I personally had troubles with a neighbor smoking (presumably in their bathroom with the fan on) which caused a strong cigarette smoke smell in my room. I mitigated this by constantly running my bathroom fan. Without that I was unable to stay in the room as I am sensitive to smells.

In summary, the hotel is cheap, and a good location, but may be undesirable if you are unable to handle noise, or the occasional unsavory characters.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Wayne, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

stayed 5 nights in 2 bedroom, one bath room. Jayna, weekend front desk, and Jae her boss, both excellent and attentive to all details. Jayna showed me property, made certain I was familiar with amenities and all was right. After departure, I left envelope with receipts in drawer in kitchen, and Jae found me to make certain I did not need them. Each unit has a kitchen making family vacation travel more cost-effective. Only down side - pull out bed on couch was not great, had my youngest sleep on the cushions with a sleeping bag and pillows in the large double door closet - at around 4 foot tall, this worked fine, and I slept in one of two double beds.

Room Tip: back of building away from parking lot. Property has family clientele and a fair number of travelin...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to TownePlace Suites Chantilly Dulles South? Share your experiences!