“Decent quality for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Poughkeepsie, NY
“Decent quality for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed overnight at this hotel in a 2 bedroom suite. The suite was more spacious than I had expected and the quality of amenities was also better than I had expected. The room had a full kitchen (full-size fridge, stove/oven, microwave, sink, and coffee maker). I would have expected more dishes, utensils, and glasses, however, given a 2-bedroom suite. The room was clean an neat, however there was a mess of food crumbs right outside our door (there was no way to tell whether or not that just happened or was left there). The beds were a little uncomfortable and the walls were as thin as paper. You could hear people walking overhead if you were on a lower floor (as we were) as well as people walking up the stairs, since we abutted the stairwell.

Check in was relatively quick and the staff was very friendly. Breakfast was a little lacking in substance, as all that was available were breads, pre-packaged Sara-Lee muffins, cereals, oatmeal and 2 kinds of fruit along with the usual coffee, juices, yogurts, and milks. However, the breakfast area was well kept, although somewhat small (about the size of a hotel room).

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor so you're not disturbed by people walking overhead late a night.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Melbourne, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed at the TownPlace Suites Chantilly Dulles South on a 12 day business trip to the area. This was my first visit to this hotel and I specifically chose this hotel because of both the location, but more importantly because I was able to use PointSaver nights with my Marriott reward points.

The hotel is very convenient to Sully Road, Dulles Airport, restaurants and grocery stores. There are numerous good restaurants and a couple of grocery stores within short walking distance. Also within a few miles drive is the FairFax shopping district (10 minutes) and the FairFax/Vienna Metro station (15 minutes).

Due to the proximity to Dulles, it can be noisy depending upon the flight patterns. Outside can be deafening as the large international flights land and take off. Inside I was able to avoid the harsh edges of the noise by running my AC fan continuously. This provided enough white noise that the outside noise did not bother me, but for someone people this may not be enough.

The biggest problem I had with the hotel was not the hotel staff, or the buildings, but the guests. I guess the cheap nature of the hotel brings less than reputable guests at times. There was a consistent crowns in the gazebo, and my colleagues suggested less than reputable actions occurred there.

I personally had troubles with a neighbor smoking (presumably in their bathroom with the fan on) which caused a strong cigarette smoke smell in my room. I mitigated this by constantly running my bathroom fan. Without that I was unable to stay in the room as I am sensitive to smells.

In summary, the hotel is cheap, and a good location, but may be undesirable if you are unable to handle noise, or the occasional unsavory characters.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Wayne, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

stayed 5 nights in 2 bedroom, one bath room. Jayna, weekend front desk, and Jae her boss, both excellent and attentive to all details. Jayna showed me property, made certain I was familiar with amenities and all was right. After departure, I left envelope with receipts in drawer in kitchen, and Jae found me to make certain I did not need them. Each unit has a kitchen making family vacation travel more cost-effective. Only down side - pull out bed on couch was not great, had my youngest sleep on the cushions with a sleeping bag and pillows in the large double door closet - at around 4 foot tall, this worked fine, and I slept in one of two double beds.

Room Tip: back of building away from parking lot. Property has family clientele and a fair number of travelin...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Waynesboro, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at a number of Townplace Suites and this one is about as you would expect. Our studio suite had a full sized fridge, small stove, microwave and kitchen sink as well as a flat screen tv. The couch pulled out into a slightly larger than twin sized bed, good for one person, too small for two unless they were small children. Breakfast has improved since we were last at this hotel, they now have a small breakfast room, pretty typical continental fare. Rooms are clean and not too worn, location is excellent, very convenient to Dulles, 28 corridor or I66.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
winkieunc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed one night for business. I had to use the internet and that worked fine. Wireless was not advertised but I was able to connect on my phone. I did not try wireless with the laptop. The staff was really nice. The only negative thing is that the rooms by the stairs are noisy. The bed was comfortable though.

Room Tip: Don't choose 202. Very noisy
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This was our first stay at a Towneplace suites and we loved it. Rooms are well lit, modern decor and comfortable. Great desk workspace and loads of closet space for anyone with a long-stay. I loved the full kitchen. You could make a more substantial breakfast if the contintental breakfast was not to your liking. Staff was friendly. Great value for money. Very close to Dulles airport. Didnt need a wakeup call, but that is to be expected at an airport hotel location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed two nights at this hotel while on a business trip. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel rooms themselves were not as impressive. They are small and the furniture and decorations are a bit dated. The rooms do have full size kitchens which is convenient, but when traveling I am content with a mini fridge a coffee pot and a microwave. The room was pretty clean overall. The bed was a bit lumpy and uncomfortable, but not terrible. The hotel does not have it's own restaurant, but there is a bar/pub within walking distance. I didn't see any other restaurants nearby, so the choice was limited. The hotel is kind of tucked back off the main road with a few other hotels and an office building so there's not much around it. I did appreciate that the pub delivered, however it pretty much just served bar style food. The hotel served breakfast which consisted of coffee, fruit, cereal, and toast or a muffin. There was no "hot breakfast" like eggs and sausage. Overall, the hotel was average, but I do have one major gripe. The convenience items for sale in the lobby (drinks, food items, toiletries) was very overpriced. I paid $4 for two 16 oz. bottles of water. I guess that's the nature of it being convenient?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Chantilly Dulles South? Share your experiences!