“Great Hotel for a great price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3960 Corsair Court, Dulles Business Center, Chantilly, VA 20151   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 14 hotels in Chantilly
new jersey
“Great Hotel for a great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night. I found the hotel via this sight and booked it with a AAA discount. Just under $60/night on Labor Day weekend! Was expecting a clean room but nothing spectacular. When we got there we had been upgraded to a suite room so we had a seperate sitting room and a bedroom with a king bed. They were seperated by a half wall and the couch folded out. Additional area with a small frig and a microwave and coffee maker. The room was spotless and looked like it had just been redecorated. Staff we dealt with was very nice and helpful. I would stay here again in an instant. Only negative is that it is not that close to DC but I understand the Metro is fairly close.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Whitmore Lake, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

We were expecting a decent motel but with some aircraft noise due to proximity of Dulles Airport. The Fairfield Inn exceeded our expectations. It was fairly quiet and with windows closed we rarely could hear a plane, and there weren't many planes that were near the motel.

The room was clean and the continental breakfast was decent. The staff was nice, professional and helpful.

There are a few restaurants within walking distance. Bob Evans and Damons Grill. Damons was excellent. Great burgers and a variety of other foods as well.

They have a shuttle to/from Dulles and that was helpful for us as we didn't need a rental car our first day, so rented locally from Enterprise at a much better rate than if we had rented at the airport.

If I need to return to this area I would stay here again.

For travel into DC we wanted to avoid the parking hassle and thought it would be fun to take the subway, so we drove to a subway stop (about 20 minutes in lots of traffic and tricky to find), parked the car ($4.50 for the day) and took the subway. A neat way to travel- kind of fun. However, the first subway stop we tried the parking lot was full. The second was available. Nice to have a GPS to find them, too! This allowed us to go to one location in DC, walk for a few hours and then when ready go to the nearest subway and return to the car. One thing about the train fees. If you do this get the "smartrip" card ($10) at the subway station which then is used for the parking fee when you leave- it is the only thing you can use to get out of the parking lot, and it is also good for subway fare for one person as well. Other people in your group will need individual fare cards.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Tilburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

Fairfield Inn Chantilly After coming back from the Holidays in Aruba ( in the Caribbean) . I needed to overnight before taking my flight back to Brussel. After doing some searching I decided to stay at the Fairfield Inn Chantilly for two reasons: - Good rate with Breakfast (and free wifi)- Close to the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center (Air & Space Museum near Dulles Int Airport) After taking a cab to the Hotel ( cost about $ 15 from Dulles ) arrived around midnight but it wasn’t a problem for the friendly night staff. He checked me in right away and gave me my complimentary “welcome gift” (since I have elite status with Marriott). Less than 5 minutes I was on my way for some good night rest. The room was as expected; clean, spacious and a comfortable bed. My room was located on the highest floor. Expect to hear little of fly by sounds since the hotel is located on a landing path. But was not disturbing. Wifi connection was good and fast had no problem connectingBreakfast is the usual Fairfield inn breakfast, different hot/cold and healthy options and enough to start your day until lunch time.Now since I wanted to go to the Air & Space Museum the Fairfield Inn Chantilly staff was more than happy to take me there with the shuttle and picking me back up! What made this service even better was that when they picked me up they came with my luggage’s ( to take me right away to the Airport) This was an idea and advice of one of the very professional and friendly staff at the Fairfield. Which at the end is the great service I was truly satisfied with. Would like to thank the Fairfield Inn Chantilly staff and wish them all the best and keep up the good work. It was an excellent overnight stay!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

Our evening Dulles flight was cancelled and we had to go out the next afternoon. Airtran offered this hotel at a reduced 'distressed traveller' rate so we took it.
The entire staff was helpful, and the Fairfield shuttle even took us to Target so we could buy a bathing suit for our 8 year old girl.
What could have been a disaster, actually turned out ok ,soley because of this hotel.
My daughter loved the breakfast followed by a swim in the indoor pool.
She actually said she was glad the 'plane was broken' because she was having such a good time.
Ironically she liked the Faifield better than the Westin we had been staying at in DC.
Keep in mind this is not a 4 star hotel, but for a clean hotel, great service, a shuttle to Dulles, a reasonable price, and a good breakfast (included)... this is hard to beat.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2009

We stayed here for one evening so that we could get to a very early flight out of Dulles Airport in the morning. This Fairfield Inn is not near enough to any restaurant to walk. There are several very busy roads that lead out of the parking lot to the other street where a few restaurants are located. When I asked the shuttle driver if they took their guests to a restaurant they said they did not. However, pizza can be ordered and it will be delivered.
We needed to be on the shuttle for an early flight, so we signed up for the time we needed to leave and they were right on time and ready in the morning.
The dining area was very large and had goodies, such as hot chocolate, tea, coffee and fruit available during the evening. We had picked up a meal for the evening earlier and reheated it in the microwave in the breakfast area and ate it in there . Breakfast was good with cereals, eggs and assorted toast, bagels, sweet rolls and was ready for those of use that were leaving early.
There was no hot tub in the swimming pool room when we were there, but there was a lifeguard in there, even though my husband was with me while I was swimming.
The room, as you can see in the pictures was very attractive, and the sink was outside the room which is always a nice feature.
Their social area was beautifully decorated - plenty of space for socializing and visiting.
I definitely would recommend this place as a good place to stay for an airport departure.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2009

I cannot say enough about how wonderful the staff at this Inn was. They offer homebaked cookies and complimentary hot chocolate and coffee in the lobby when you are checkin in. They would at a moment's notice gear up the complimentary shuttle, offer to take you down the street to the area around CVS if the need arises (which almost happened in my case ) and pick up and return you to Dulles Airport. One morning happened to be the season's biggest snowstorm, and the man who was supposed to drive the shuttle was almost 30 minutes away, so the man at the front desk found someone to cover the desk while he personally drove the shuttle. On our return trip to the airport I left my cell phone in the shuttle. I called the Inn and they are shipping it back to me. I cannot say enough about how gracious the staff is; I have never stayed at a more helpful hotel!

• Stayed March 2009
Etten-Leur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2009

We always see to it that we have a Marriott in our trip! If you have a car, like we had, it's the best hotel for the price. If you want to stay in Washington DC itself, there will be cheaper (or as cheap) hotels, but not so clean and safe. We went by car to the subway in West Falls Church, parked the car for $10.00 and travelled to Washington DC for $5.00. Marriott is an excellent hotel. A small pool, but certainly great after a long warm day in the city. Breakfast is good also.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly? Share your experiences!