“Great deal at a great price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly

You added Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3960 Corsair Court, Dulles Business Center, Chantilly, VA 20151   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Durham, North Carolina
“Great deal at a great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Convenient to Middleburg (we were in for a horse event). Very good price, clean room & clean overall. Great breakfast.
Initially I was concerned there would be a lot of airplane noise, however this was not the case.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Bombay-GMIADFC, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear Susan-
Thank you for the review and for being our guest.
I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel suitable to your needs and the room price was fair. While we are an airport hotel, there is minimal noise from the planes overhead.
If you return to the area we would be honored to host you once again.
Once again, thank you for the review and your business.
Regards.
Bombay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This hotel is three turns off the main road but worth the stay. I'm impressed with what I got for the price, a microwave and fridge, a king sized bed, a spotless room, great wi-fi, a pool, a fitness center and great breakfasts. It is located a mile away from the Chantilly Expo center and I was able to walk between both places with ease. The nicest touch was the fresh baked cookies every afternoon. There are plenty of places to eat within a quarter mile, and even more once you get in the car. It is one exit away from the Air and Space Museum which was awesome.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Joh,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are humbled by the compliments.
I am pleased that you found the room amenities to your satisfaction, your room was clean and the pool and fitness center met your needs.
As you mentioned there are restaurants within the complex and many more in the Chantilly area. The air and space museum is a big draw to the area and I am glad that you got a chance to enjoy it.
Once again thank you for the review and being our guest.
Reading, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The room was ok but the pillows were terrible! The room was so busy if you didn't leave a light on you would fall and trip and break your neck! No local news for the TV. The breakfast was about the only good thing but again you had to chase down help to see when the buffet was getting filled. Also, the snack and drink selection was poor.

However, the real reason for this poor review was that the hot tub was out of order! Really! When I mentioned it at the front desk at check in, the girl behind just snickered and no one said anything. When I went to use it they were apologeric and Bombay the mgr did make arrangements for us to use the hot tub at another Marriot location. I would have just stayed there if that were the case!!! Also, when I called to make arrangements about the swimming everything was ok. When I wanted to use the pool in the afternoon mgr stated that there were business meetings going on and they don't open the pool! So what! my vacation isn't that the whole point?

I would never stay at this place again. Save your money and headaches and go to a Hampton Inn. Never had a bad experience there. For a Marriot to put their name on this place is surprising. A litle advice guys. Fix the hot tub, offer a decent selection of snacks and drinks and for god sakes man deep six those pillows!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Bombay-GMIADFC, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Ralph-
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.
I am very sorry that we did not live up to your expectations and the Marriott name that we carry. I have read your review and it is a personal challenge to myself to make sure the spa is fixed in a timely manner. I have reviewed your comments and it my aim to make sure all are attended to with the utmost speed to make this a much better hotel.
I would be honored to get a chance to make it up to you.
Once again, please accept our sincerest apologies and I want to let you know your words are not for naught.
Hudson, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Very modern and funky design throughout the building and in the rooms. The furniture in the rooms is all one unit, and there is no place to put your suitcase but on the floor. Not even a suitcase rack or anything! They put us near the elevator and ice machine and had to listen to it ALL night, plus the occasional airplane take off as well. If we hadn’t gotten in so late to begin with I probably would have asked to move rooms but decided to tough it out. But the noise was constant – even the air conditioner wasn’t able to dull it out. Beds were nice though, good mattresses and lots of pillows. Breakfast bar good – waffles, eggs, sausage, oatmeal, cereal, bread, bagels, hard boiled eggs, fruit. It makes me crazy when places like this put TV’s on the walls so that you can see the morning news, but they don’t turn on the closed captioning! The TV does us no good if we can’t hear it or at least read what is happening! Oh, and if you want a paper you have to find it out in the lobby not in breakfast area. On the up side they did keep the food well stocked.

Room Tip: Not by the elevators!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Worleybird98-
Thank you for being our guest. We are honored you took the time to rate and write a review about your recent stay with us.
I am very sorry that your room location did not enable you to enjoy your stay with us. We normally have the television in the breakfast area at a certain volume but I will make sure we turn on the closed captions as you suggested. I think that would go a long way. I shall review your pointers in order to come up with better ways to make sure our guests are not experiencing the same issues you had. I have also asked my maintenance man to check the ice machines to ensure the noise emitted is not intolerable to all our guests. I am pleased that you found the mattress comfortable and the new breakfast menu was to your satisfaction and well stocked.
Once again thank you for being our guest and we hope to serve you in the future when you return to the Chantilly area.
Regards,
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I am completly satisfied with recent one night stay. Room rates offered on website are excellent and about 50% what I was expecting to pay. Free shuttle was prompt (about 15 minutes from call made baggage area) in picking us up. This shuttle is also available to take/pick-up guests to Air-Space Museum Dulles site. Very happy that there is a safe area to walk or jog right next to hotel. The attractive walking path winds (is it located next to Windgate Inn) around a small pond and is about 1/2 mile in length.
There are at least 3 restaurants within a flat 2-3 minute walk (Longhorn Steak House, Bob Evans & Santini's NY Style Deli). Inn is set back away from road noise. Hotel will be my first choice when I have an over-night in the Dulles area again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Bombay-GMIADFC, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Albert-
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.
I am very pleased that you found the rate we offered to be attractive; we believe in charging guests a fair price.
Service from the staff is really important in making or breaking a guest’s stay. We do offer a complimentary shuttle to the airport and the surrounding areas and I am happy that it was prompt and met your travel needs while you were in the area.
As mentioned there are a few good running tracks, I also do use the one you mentioned now and then. It is a nice and clean track to walk or jog.
Once again, thank you for your review, we are honored that we made you a return customer.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

A really great Fairfield Inn! Clean, well kept, and a staff that was outstanding. From the moment I entered the lobby to the time I checked out I felt like the staff went out of the way to make my stay enjoyable. I would go back there again. When I went down for the breakfast there was a room full of students. At first I thought no since going in, but I did anyway. The food was well stocked, the area was clean and the staff were hustling to keep it that way. I just can't say enough!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Tom,
On behalf here at the Fairfield Inn Chantilly, thank you for your compliments we are truly humbled.
I am pleased that the staff was friendly and made you feel welcome. It is always our aim to give the service that makes our guests want to return.
You are right in noting that we do host groups, but I am glad that we accommodated you during the breakfast hours and that found the selection adequate and the area clean as well.
Once again, thank you for being our guest and for your compliments. Both are truly appreciated.
pittsburgh PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We choose this hotel and its location for our needs six times a year for shows where we sell antiques at the Dulles Expo Center. The hotel is very clean, and the breakfast is adequate. The staff is friendly and the wi fi is good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Ktanning-
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us.
I am very happy that during all your stays we live up to your expectations. Cleanliness is very important to us and we are pleased to earn your compliments. The brand has added the new hot breakfast and it is has been well received by our guests. The property also underwent an internet upgrade in the past year to make the connection faster and reliable as well. To ensure true guest satisfaction, we believe that staff service is what makes a hotel a home away from home and makes guests such as you return to our hotel.
On behalf of the staff we are happy to serve you and hope to host you again when you return to the Chantilly area.
Regards,
Bombay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chantilly
Staybridge Suites Chantilly - Fairfax / Dulles Airport
Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South
Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly
Holiday Inn Chantilly - Dulles Expo
Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport
Residence Inn Chantilly Dulles South

Been to Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly? Share your experiences!