“Value & Comfort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly

You added Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3960 Corsair Court, Dulles Business Center, Chantilly, VA 20151   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Value & Comfort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I am completly satisfied with recent one night stay. Room rates offered on website are excellent and about 50% what I was expecting to pay. Free shuttle was prompt (about 15 minutes from call made baggage area) in picking us up. This shuttle is also available to take/pick-up guests to Air-Space Museum Dulles site. Very happy that there is a safe area to walk or jog right next to hotel. The attractive walking path winds (is it located next to Windgate Inn) around a small pond and is about 1/2 mile in length.
There are at least 3 restaurants within a flat 2-3 minute walk (Longhorn Steak House, Bob Evans & Santini's NY Style Deli). Inn is set back away from road noise. Hotel will be my first choice when I have an over-night in the Dulles area again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Bombay-GMIADFC, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Albert-
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.
I am very pleased that you found the rate we offered to be attractive; we believe in charging guests a fair price.
Service from the staff is really important in making or breaking a guest’s stay. We do offer a complimentary shuttle to the airport and the surrounding areas and I am happy that it was prompt and met your travel needs while you were in the area.
As mentioned there are a few good running tracks, I also do use the one you mentioned now and then. It is a nice and clean track to walk or jog.
Once again, thank you for your review, we are honored that we made you a return customer.
Bombay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

A really great Fairfield Inn! Clean, well kept, and a staff that was outstanding. From the moment I entered the lobby to the time I checked out I felt like the staff went out of the way to make my stay enjoyable. I would go back there again. When I went down for the breakfast there was a room full of students. At first I thought no since going in, but I did anyway. The food was well stocked, the area was clean and the staff were hustling to keep it that way. I just can't say enough!

Dear Tom,
On behalf here at the Fairfield Inn Chantilly, thank you for your compliments we are truly humbled.
I am pleased that the staff was friendly and made you feel welcome. It is always our aim to give the service that makes our guests want to return.
You are right in noting that we do host groups, but I am glad that we accommodated you during the breakfast hours and that found the selection adequate and the area clean as well.
Once again, thank you for being our guest and for your compliments. Both are truly appreciated.
pittsburgh PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We choose this hotel and its location for our needs six times a year for shows where we sell antiques at the Dulles Expo Center. The hotel is very clean, and the breakfast is adequate. The staff is friendly and the wi fi is good.

Dear Ktanning-
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us.
I am very happy that during all your stays we live up to your expectations. Cleanliness is very important to us and we are pleased to earn your compliments. The brand has added the new hot breakfast and it is has been well received by our guests. The property also underwent an internet upgrade in the past year to make the connection faster and reliable as well. To ensure true guest satisfaction, we believe that staff service is what makes a hotel a home away from home and makes guests such as you return to our hotel.
On behalf of the staff we are happy to serve you and hope to host you again when you return to the Chantilly area.
Regards,
Corning, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I purchased the park and fly rate hoping to take advantage of the hotel shuttle service. However, Shuttle only starts running after 6 or 7 am, I had a early flight to catch so the initial response from the front desk was: sorry, there was nothing they could do. When I pressed, they finally agreed to call the courtyard next door to pick me up. When I returned, I waited at the airport for an hour trying to catch their shuttle. Decided to call and found out their shuttle bus was only running on call!!! I have stayed in many airport hotels and this was the first time I heard some hotel is running such a cheap operation. That is the hotel choice, then at least they should inform the guests about this. But NO..... They clearly knew I purchased the park and fly package and they had me filled out the form for parking. Never did it occur to them to inform me about the shuttle service??!!

Bad service, and I would never return.

Stayed July 2014
Bombay-GMIADFC, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Mr. Chen,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.
I am very sorry we did not live up to your expectations. While we do offer a shuttle, it isn’t a 24 hour operation and we should have done better to inform you of that and made earlier alternatives to get you to the airport.

I will review our shuttle operations to make sure they are convenient to all our guests.I shall also make sure we have alternate arrangements for guests who have shuttle requests outside our shuttle hours.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

Regards,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I stay at this hotel 5 to 7 days a month. I love the people there & the in-room entertainment, the best TV channels ever. Mr. Ather has been always one of the best but he was a part time front desk gentleman. The guests were lucky enough to have him as a full time FD now! He offers the best possible help, goes above & beyond to make people come back & fall in love with an ordinary property! It takes a special talent to do so. Just want to show my respect, gratitude & appreciation to his hard work especially, with me as an old guests. If I will come back, it will be due to him, Ms. Asma, Ms. Taylor, the beautiful young lady inside out, Mr. Sherif, Mr. Paul & Mr. David. Love all guys & thank you for making me feel at home. I just wish that their housekeeping learn new cleaning methods & improve their knowledge since I had issues with the cleanliness lately. Great customer servise & safe location. Strongly recommendable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Bombay-GMIADFC, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Zalfa,

Thank you for being a repeat guest. We are humbled by your compliments.

Staff service is very important and I will make sure that everyone you mentioned gets a copy of your review. I am very pleased that the staff here goes above and beyond to make you feel welcome.

I am disappointed that the rooms did not live up to your expectations. I have reviewed with the housekeeping department and we are working on making sure that all our rooms meet and exceed guest expectations. I want to let you know I hear you loud and clear, and will make sure we are giving you excellent service and a product you have come to trust.

Once again, thank you for being our regular desk and we look forward to serving you again the future.

Bothell, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Stayed here the night of 06/28. First stop over on our several days family trip to the East Coast. Had a really late check-in around 12:30AM. Stayed with Marriott Rewards Points Redemption Certificate. Category 2 Hotel. Comfortable stay. Breakfast area was too crowded for the morning that we were there. We ended up taking the food to our room for want of space.

Overall good value for money if you are just looking for a comfortable stop over.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bombay-GMIADFC, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.
I am pleased that you found the hotel a good value for money and we offered you comfortable accommodations.
We do have a few groups in house now and then and they do crowd the breakfast area. That having been said, we could have a done a better job with the flow of guests in the breakfast area. I will review your note with the breakfast attendants to make sure we come up with a better management system to make sure all our guests enjoy the hot breakfast we offer.
In closing, thank you for being our guest. We are thankful for the review as well. We would be honored to host you again when you return to the area.
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Business trips take me to the DC area a couple of times each month. Typically I stay at this Fairfield Inn. The staff is courteous and helpful. My room has always been clean and comfortable with everything in good working order. I've never had any complaints. I will note that on my last visit there were no scrambled eggs on the breakfast bar, not a big deal in itself, but for someone like myself who avoids carbohydrates, a bowl of cereal or a bagel isn't going to cut it! However, a clean, safe, comfortable room pretty much trumps a missing item at breakfast.

Dear John-
Thank you so much for being a regular guest. We really appreciate your continued patronage.
I am very sorry that we had a missing item during breakfast hours; it is part of what we offer and we should have made sure we had ample supplies for everyone.
Staff service is very important and we aim to make sure we are meeting and exceeding all our guest expectations. I will make sure that I share your compliments with my housekeeping department on how clean and comfortable the rooms are.
Thank you once again for the review and we look forward to hosting you for many more nights in the future.
Bombay

Been to Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly? Share your experiences!