“I wish every hotel has Mr. Ather Jamal! He hooks people up! Thank you.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly

You added Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3960 Corsair Court, Dulles Business Center, Chantilly, VA 20151   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I wish every hotel has Mr. Ather Jamal! He hooks people up! Thank you.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I stay at this hotel 5 to 7 days a month. I love the people there & the in-room entertainment, the best TV channels ever. Mr. Ather has been always one of the best but he was a part time front desk gentleman. The guests were lucky enough to have him as a full time FD now! He offers the best possible help, goes above & beyond to make people come back & fall in love with an ordinary property! It takes a special talent to do so. Just want to show my respect, gratitude & appreciation to his hard work especially, with me as an old guests. If I will come back, it will be due to him, Ms. Asma, Ms. Taylor, the beautiful young lady inside out, Mr. Sherif, Mr. Paul & Mr. David. Love all guys & thank you for making me feel at home. I just wish that their housekeeping learn new cleaning methods & improve their knowledge since I had issues with the cleanliness lately. Great customer servise & safe location. Strongly recommendable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Bombay-GMIADFC, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Zalfa,

Thank you for being a repeat guest. We are humbled by your compliments.

Staff service is very important and I will make sure that everyone you mentioned gets a copy of your review. I am very pleased that the staff here goes above and beyond to make you feel welcome.

I am disappointed that the rooms did not live up to your expectations. I have reviewed with the housekeeping department and we are working on making sure that all our rooms meet and exceed guest expectations. I want to let you know I hear you loud and clear, and will make sure we are giving you excellent service and a product you have come to trust.

Once again, thank you for being our regular desk and we look forward to serving you again the future.

Bombay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Bothell, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Stayed here the night of 06/28. First stop over on our several days family trip to the East Coast. Had a really late check-in around 12:30AM. Stayed with Marriott Rewards Points Redemption Certificate. Category 2 Hotel. Comfortable stay. Breakfast area was too crowded for the morning that we were there. We ended up taking the food to our room for want of space.

Overall good value for money if you are just looking for a comfortable stop over.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bombay-GMIADFC, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.
I am pleased that you found the hotel a good value for money and we offered you comfortable accommodations.
We do have a few groups in house now and then and they do crowd the breakfast area. That having been said, we could have a done a better job with the flow of guests in the breakfast area. I will review your note with the breakfast attendants to make sure we come up with a better management system to make sure all our guests enjoy the hot breakfast we offer.
In closing, thank you for being our guest. We are thankful for the review as well. We would be honored to host you again when you return to the area.
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Business trips take me to the DC area a couple of times each month. Typically I stay at this Fairfield Inn. The staff is courteous and helpful. My room has always been clean and comfortable with everything in good working order. I've never had any complaints. I will note that on my last visit there were no scrambled eggs on the breakfast bar, not a big deal in itself, but for someone like myself who avoids carbohydrates, a bowl of cereal or a bagel isn't going to cut it! However, a clean, safe, comfortable room pretty much trumps a missing item at breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear John-
Thank you so much for being a regular guest. We really appreciate your continued patronage.
I am very sorry that we had a missing item during breakfast hours; it is part of what we offer and we should have made sure we had ample supplies for everyone.
Staff service is very important and we aim to make sure we are meeting and exceeding all our guest expectations. I will make sure that I share your compliments with my housekeeping department on how clean and comfortable the rooms are.
Thank you once again for the review and we look forward to hosting you for many more nights in the future.
Bombay
Stevenage, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Friendly, efficient and comfortable. The reception staff were very helpful and it appeared as though nothing was too much trouble.
Rooms are well equipped and very clean.
Fast free wifi.
The hotel shuttle is great for Dulles airport.
For an airport hotel it is highly recommended.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Jan-
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.
Thank you for the compliments, I am pleased that you found our hotel staff friendly, efficient and ready to cater to your all your needs.
As you mentioned we do offer free Wi-Fi, a local shuttle to the airport and a hot breakfast. We take pride in our product and room cleanliness is very important to us.
We hope to be your host the next time to return to the Chantilly VA area.
Once again, thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.
Kindest regards.
West Chester, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

In my mind, ensuring that the guest gets a good night's sleep is the primary objective of any hotel. All of the other amenities, while valuable, are secondary. My wife and I traveled to this hotel the night before our son's early arrival at Dulles on an international flight. In all fairness, the hotel itself is nice. It's clean, and most of the staff we encountered were friendly. The continental breakfast was good. However, we were woken up by a fire alarm going off at 2AM. The staff didn't direct us, and many of the guests didn't even leave their rooms because they assumed it was a false alarm. The fire department arrived and determined there was no fire. We went back to our rooms, but I had difficulty getting back to sleep, due to being jarred out of bed. At check-out, I asked if we were going to get compensated for being rudely awakened by the false alarm. The man at the front desk was visibly annoyed by such a question, and began to lecture me on how the fire alarm is for the safety and security of the hotel's guests. I agreed, but argued that false alarms or malfunctions do not protect anyone. He denied that the system malfunctioned and claimed it could have been from smoke or condensation. Condensation??? Bad excuse. He agreed to give me a $10 discount, but losing sleep was the opposite of what I was trying to achieve by staying there. I'm even more annoyed that I now see that apparently, there was a false alarm at this same hotel 3 weeks prior to my visit. I'll be sure to avoid this property in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bombay-GMIADFC, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Jim,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us.

Let me first sincerely apologize for the problems that you experienced. You are correct; we did have another alarm go off a few weeks ago. Not to pass on the blame, just like the other time it went off, the life guard from the company we have hired to manage the pool left the hot tub on and the exhaust for the pool off leading to the hot moisture build up in the pool area. That having been said, we should have handled the aftermath of the alarm much better. I am the leader at this property and I am personally going to make sure that all our staff is trained to handle these situations much better.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and that the staff members were friendly to you.

I want to let you know that I hear you loud and clear and it is my responsibility to make sure that the items you have mentioned are addressed so they do not happen to anyone else.

If I can be of further assistance please give me a call at 703-435-1111 or send me an email at bmbungu@pmhs.com

Once again, thank you for your review and please accept my sincerest apologies.

Bombay
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We encountered a couple of problems during our stay that were more corporate Marriott's doing than this hotel's. Unfortunately the hotel did not have sufficient supplies to quickly solve our pillow dilemma and we did not have as good a stay as we had hoped. The sales manager, Christina Kim, went above and beyond to make things right and we really appreciated her concern. People like Christina are what will make us return to Marriott properties. We also want to commend Francesco who does an excellent job in the breakfast area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bombay-GMIADFC, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Gail-

Thank you for taking the time to rate your recent stay with us.

I am very sorry that we did not put our best foot forward to make sure you stay was 100% enjoyable. I do recall the pillow issue and it is something I am resolving to make sure we have ample supplies.

Christina and Francisco, are assets to this property and we learn from them each and every day.

Thank you for your continued patronage of the Marriott brand.

Palmyra, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Rooms were average, nothing fancy but really clean, hotel overall was clean and it is a good hotel for a quick trip and the Price is good. Hotel staff were helpful, breakfast was not good, tried it the first day and went out after that. I would stay again when I am in the area.

• Stayed June 2014
Kimberly-
Thank you for your business as well as your review. We are humbled.

As you mentioned, while the rooms are standard we believe that cleanliness is of utmost importance. I am also glad to hear that the staff was very helpful to you as well. I am sorry that you found the breakfast selection lacking. I will make sure that we improve in that department.

We are honored to have earned your repeat business when you are in the area again.

Once again, thank you for your review.