“almost perfect” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3960 Corsair Court, Dulles Business Center, Chantilly, VA 20151   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 14 hotels in Chantilly
New York
“almost perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stay at hotels often. My first impression of this one was..... outside nice. then, luggage cart? Available ( a plus) but like an antique toy ! checkin took longer than expected although it was latish and no one else there.. put a hold for $ 20 on my amex card. never saw that done before, or perhaps I never knew it is done.
Lobby is almost non existant, this is not a luxurious hotel, but more of a commuter place. Nevertheless it had a pool which was unoccupied and looked fine .. my room? I like Fairfield Inns in general.. so ,,as I opened the door, I was hit with an unmistakeable smell fo insecticide and I was upset and it made me paranoid. I rushed to check the linens ( perfect) the bathroom ( dated but perfect) the closet, clean, and finally decided to stay in the room. as I fel tI might have the same issue if I moved. I returned the luggage cart , came back, WHACK same smell. I realized I would adjust to it, although I don'[t think I want it in my lungs.
On the positive side, I manged to sleep as the bed was wonderful, linens good, window actually opens.. amazing 5 lights in room !!! excellent. nice tv although reception was extremely spotty that night with several channels. and a remote that does not give guide. Hot water was instant, there is a coffee maker ( styro cups) , iron, hair dryer and nice furniture. Rug was in good shape. Breakfast was waffles, eggs, ham, cereal, hardboiled eggs, fruit, cereal and bagels. Good. Checkout was quick and curteous.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Marby L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for taking your time filling out this survey. I do apologize for any inconvenience that arises from your room, Housekeeping supervisor and I investigated some of our rooms smell, it appears that we did not find any bad smell or anything from the room. We are actually using a new freshener and getting positive feedback from other guest. Thank you for that comment, only guest like you can make our service and operation on a day to day to be as perfect as possible, we will continue to search /monitor more in to the issue. On your other note; thank you for your positive feedback on our amenities and other part of the rooms. Please give us one more chance to prove that we can make your stay as what you expected when you stay with Fairfield inn and suites.

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I've stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Chantilly many times over the past couple of years, and have always been happy and content with my stays there. The hotel staff are first rate, and they always go the extra mile to make sure my stay there is pleasant. The rooms are spacious, well laid out, and impeccably clean. The prices are very reasonable, but you get a level of service, amenities, and overall hotel quality that is first rate. I always feel as if I were at home whenever I stay here. Those who are visiting the area around Dulles airport will find this hotel to be at an ideal location. There are many restaurants, and shops within walking or short driving distance. Those flying a nonstop international flight from Dulles airport will find the park and fly option to be a much nicer and less costly alternative to leaving the car at the airport parking. I've always recommended the Fairfield Inn in Chantilly to friends and colleagues visiting the DC area. Given that I've stayed here many times, most recently from October 10 to October 11, I can easily recommend this hotel without any reservation.

H. Choi

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Marby L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Reading your comment is just amazing. Thank you for sharing your experience to millions of trip advisor follower, your message will be shared on our next Staff Meeting. We truly appreciate the effort. We hope to see you again on your next visit.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Good service, newly renovated, and free upgrade to suites to gold member.
Staff very polite and service quite good!
Nice stay for the price.
Close to the airport and provide free shuttle to Dulles Airport of Washington DC.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your response.For us your great comment is priceless, I will make sure to let my staff knows how they gave a good service to a guest like you. We appreciate your time and look forward seeing you soon in the very near future.
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Check in here couple weeks ago for the gun show event. This hotel provides a high class service to the customers. We'll maintained property with very accomedating staff. Room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable felt like home. Definitely wouldn't mind coming back to this property for any event .

Room Tip: Very we'll maintained property ,very clean,friendly staff.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
It is very smart for you to stay with us on an event like this, not only we are near to the place but we also provide shuttle service on a 3 miles radius; just an FYI!. Thank you for taking your time to share others what we can provide in our facilities. Hope to see you again in the future event and we are glad you’re here.
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have been traveling alot over the past 10 months, so I have stayed in many, many hotels. The fairfield Inn in Chantilly is one of my favorites. It is a great location with accessibility to everything a traveler needs: restaurants, banks, shops, etc. It is great proximity to the airport also. The staff is very pleasant and friendly. Thanks to Mr. Anwar for all of his help. They are always willing to help you anytime day or night. The hotel is well maintained. The rooms are clean and comfortable. They have a nice morning breakfast selection and the best assortment of cable channels. They make you feel at home. Fairfield is definitely a great value for your money and I would recommend it anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We really like how you wrote your title as "Happy Traveler". This means a lot to us, we want our costumer to be coming in with the smile and leaving us with much more smile on their face. It only means that we have done our job as your second home away from home. Thank you for leaving us with a big smile on you and your family. We hope to see you on your next journey here in Chantilly VA.
Troy, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Hotel accomodation was great. Reception was awesome. Mohammed Anwar was very helpful. I would definitely recommend anyone to stay in this hotel. Reasonable price, free breakfast, internet and parking. I really like this place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Recommending our Hotel is/was just a big deal for us. We want to thank you in advance for doing such thing. I will make sure that Anwar (front desk) will get recognize for him making you feel appreciate it. Thank you once again and hopefully this won’t be the last seeing you in our facility.
Charlottesville, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We enjoyed this hotel very much for park and fly. We love to drive up the night before a flight and park, relax over a dinner and fly out the next day. Coming from Charlottesville to Dulles one never knows what the traffic is like and this alleviates the stress of getting to the airport in time. The difference in price between the one night stay and long term parking is minimal.

The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms very clean, and no airport noise. The shuttle is convenient to the airport, and we were able to park free for our 10 day trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Marby L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and also we were so happy to hear that you enjoyed your vacation while you are confident that your car was safe with us. Hope to see you again on your next visit in Chantilly VA. you are right! 8 - 10 minutes away from the airport.

Been to Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly? Share your experiences!