“Superb Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3960 Corsair Court, Dulles Business Center, Chantilly, VA 20151   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Long Beach, California
“Superb Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

One of the most important things that mean a lot to me is the hospitality of the hotel staff. I was met with one of the warmest smiles I've ever seen from hotel staff member Asma Clerk. She assisted me in my day to day activities.
The entire staff was superb in ensuring I had what I needed to complete my business travel. AAAAAA++++ and gosh, awesome job and comfortable environment.

Room Tip: Near the airport so try to avoid the rooms facing the front of the hotel. You are not going to be ab...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

The exercise facility is horrible. The smallest room I have ever seen a serious safely hazard. I couldn't get the water at a steady temperature, either burning hot or Luke warm. I asked for a upper floor (as a women for safety) but wasn't given one. I won't stay here again - not what I am used to from Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed August 2012
San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

The place just seemed very rundown. there were stains on the carpet. the carpeting in elevator, hallways and rooms need a good cleaning. My room had some gashes in the wall and needed a paint job. I am not a big fan of the in window AC/Heater with a knob. I like the digital thermostat where you can set a proper temp. The fitness center had two treadmills and a recumbent bike. You need to climb over the bike to use since they squeezed these machines in a 10x10 space. I ended up checking out and moving to the Spring Hill Suites north of the airport at a better price and better room

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Guillaume B, Public Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We always value our guests' observations and are glad that TripAdvisor offers an open forum. In 2013, many renovations are taking place including expanded breakfast and exercise areas as well as new offerings at our breakfast table. Changes to our room linens are also on schedule for this year, making a lodging experience that over 85% of our guests enjoy a truly fabulous stay.
Naples, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

This is a good place to stay as it only a little over a mile to Dulles. They do have a shuttle service but also, free parking.
Room was very clean and enough space. Bathroom nice. Front desk was very helpful and gave me a toothbrush -- much appreciated!
Breakfast is excellent for one included with the room. As other people have said, the room for it is too small but other than that it is good.
Price was right considering it is in the DC area. Would definitely say that is a good value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New Haven, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Ehhhhh... this place is ok for what it is I guess. I waited too long to book the hotel I really wanted and found this place available. I wasn't looking for much as I was taking my son to a Lego convention and wouldn't be spending much time in the hotel however a few experiences here were a bit unpleasant.

Having a smoke outside at night before bed, one of the maintenance men/ shuttle drivers yelled at me. Apparently other people dropped their cigarettes on the ground and he blamed me, treating me like I was some sort of sub-standard person. I was not amused as I am a courteous smoker and always use the ashtray.

In the middle of both nights sleep, the AC stopped working leaving us a very hot hotel room which woke us up both nights.

Our room, the hallway- smelled musty... and almost like it used to be a smoking hotel, but no longer and the odor is still there.

The maids took forever to clean our floor. Our room 4PM. Which was a bit inconvenient as my son needed to take a nap but I didn't want to miss them as we needed new towels etc.

The morning desk person was very cool and unfriendly. I will say however the night time woman was very nice. Free breakfast was the normal free breakfast for this type of place. Cereals, bagels, juices. I wasn't expecting much there anyway. The bed was very comfortable.

I will make sure I book the hotel I want earlier for the annual Lego Convention we go to as I do not wish to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Huntingtown, Maryland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn location for 5 hours waiting for guests to arrive at Washington Dulles Airport. Updating in this hotel cannot hide the age or stains that still exist, but the bed was comfortable, and the price was very inexpensive waiting for a 4 hour delayed flight to arrive at 3:45 AM. Front desk was friendly and helpful. Decor is light and inviting. Just don't stay here longer than you need to, or the cracks, patchovers, and rust start to be noticed a bit more...

Room Tip: Great one night stay, but don't plan a weekend here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed here for a long weekend in D.C. It was a wonderful hotel. The front desk staff were so nice and friendly. The hotel was a 30-40 min drive into D.C. The area around the hotel had a lot of options for dining and shopping. The only thing you should know is that they have limited pool time due to VA law having to have a lifeguard on duty. We will stay here again when we are in the area

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn Washington Dulles Airport South/Chantilly? Share your experiences!