“Could Have Been in Cusco, if Cusco Had Strip Malls” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 129 Restaurants in Chantilly
Cuisines: Peruvian
Leesburg, VA
“Could Have Been in Cusco, if Cusco Had Strip Malls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Ate lunch here Sunday 7-7-13. Waiter was Jorge, a very friendly young man who delightfully took our orders, checked on us regularly, and replenished our drinks without having to be asked, I had the Aji de Gallina, and my wife and daughter the Lomo Saltado - the same dishes we had in Cusco in March of this year. The dishes were exactly like what we had in Peru! Loved the authenticity, the cleanliness, the friendliness, and the price. But above all, the food was delicious. Highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Centreville, Virginia
“Nice place, nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I guess I was expecting more spices and interesting flavors. The roasted chicken, while very tender and juicy, had a very plain coating. The Tacu Tacu (with steak) was a nice rice and beans dish, but once again, it had no interesting spices or flavor. We were there on a Saturday night and they had live entertainment, which was nice but it was so loud that we couldn't hold a conversation. Maybe the fish dishes are more interesting, but I thought it was very average for the things we ordered.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bethesda, Maryland, United States
“Authentic without being too strange for U.S. tastes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This clean, well-run restaurant is an excellent place to try Peruvian specialties, such as Lomo Saltado and Aji de Gallina. Aquaymanto also offers ceviche, raw fish "cooked" (marinated) in lime juice and chili pepper. They prepare it well, and it's fresh and delicious.

Peruvian cuisine includes many excellent sauces, and this restaurant makes them well. The menu tells you when chili peppers are used and how hot they are.

I enjoyed a variation of Lomo Saltado that was made with fish (probably Tilapia). I loved it.

The wait staff is friendly and well-trained. Sometimes there is music in the evening.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Don't believe the hype.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

I was staying near here and saw the positive reviews. I ordered the half chicken with yucca. The chicken was just ok, the yucca was terrible. It was completely dried out - not at all like the yucca I am used to. All in all, not worth the price plus tip. I would have been better off going to Moe's next door. I won't be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Everything we tasted was soooo good. I had a pulled chicken in creamy sauce and my girlfriend had the first choice on the menu. Highly recommended!

Visited June 2012