“Authentic without being too strange for U.S. tastes” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #47 of 129 restaurants in Chantilly
Cuisines: Peruvian
Bethesda, Maryland, United States
“Authentic without being too strange for U.S. tastes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This clean, well-run restaurant is an excellent place to try Peruvian specialties, such as Lomo Saltado and Aji de Gallina. Aquaymanto also offers ceviche, raw fish "cooked" (marinated) in lime juice and chili pepper. They prepare it well, and it's fresh and delicious.

Peruvian cuisine includes many excellent sauces, and this restaurant makes them well. The menu tells you when chili peppers are used and how hot they are.

I enjoyed a variation of Lomo Saltado that was made with fish (probably Tilapia). I loved it.

The wait staff is friendly and well-trained. Sometimes there is music in the evening.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

58% Recommend
“Don't believe the hype.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

I was staying near here and saw the positive reviews. I ordered the half chicken with yucca. The chicken was just ok, the yucca was terrible. It was completely dried out - not at all like the yucca I am used to. All in all, not worth the price plus tip. I would have been better off going to Moe's next door. I won't be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Everything we tasted was soooo good. I had a pulled chicken in creamy sauce and my girlfriend had the first choice on the menu. Highly recommended!

Visited June 2012
“Great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I were in the area for business and decided to try something new. Everything we ate here was very good! For an appetizer we had Causa de Pollo which was very good! My boyfriend and I both ordered the Rotisserie chicken with the yuca fries. The sauces they bring out are also very good to dip the yuca fries in. Service was very good. Although our server forgot our salads he made up for it by giving us free desert. I would highly recommend anyone to try this restaurant out!

Visited May 2012
Pennsylvania
“Very Good Food; Excellent Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We are cultural hounds so we thoroughly enjoyed our food here. My wife, son and I each ordered something different. My dish (a flat steak cooked Peruvian style) was a 4 out of 5, my wife's (cooked in a cilantro sauce) was a 5 out of 5 and my son's was a 1.5 out of 5 (meat was tough and the dish had way too much of beans and rice in it).

Our server, Madelina, was just great. She made suggestions, brought us samples of the local Preuvian drink (which we didn't order) and was attentive to our needs.

• Visited May 2012