“Very Good Food; Excellent Service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 129 Restaurants in Chantilly
Cuisines: Peruvian
Pennsylvania
“Very Good Food; Excellent Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We are cultural hounds so we thoroughly enjoyed our food here. My wife, son and I each ordered something different. My dish (a flat steak cooked Peruvian style) was a 4 out of 5, my wife's (cooked in a cilantro sauce) was a 5 out of 5 and my son's was a 1.5 out of 5 (meat was tough and the dish had way too much of beans and rice in it).

Our server, Madelina, was just great. She made suggestions, brought us samples of the local Preuvian drink (which we didn't order) and was attentive to our needs.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Centreville, Virginia
“Funky chicken”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I found the food strange and unappetizing, will not be back.

Visited September 2011
Tallinn, Estonia
“Good Peruvian cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

I've been there on a Sunday evening. The staff there was most welcoming and made us enjoy our evening. I was not very familiar with Peruvian cuisine, but I like the food here. It was not very expensive, The beer was also good. There is not any problem to get a place for your car, to park nearby

Visited March 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Average now, but had potential to be super...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

A pleasant setting in an easily-accessed plaza with adequate parking. The interior featured booths & tables with a counter for takeout, several flatscreen televisions, and a variety of latin music that added to the ambience (though it'd be nicer to have Peruvian-based music!)

The menu authentically describes the food, but Aguaymanto has room for improvement in their seasoning and entree presentation. Perching half a hard-boiled egg and an olive atop the stew next to a formed mound of steamed rice doesn't cut it. Some of the spices were unusual, somewhere between cumin and curry, and I'll attribute that to their Peruvian origin.

The staff needs to amp up their ability to comprehend English - mistakes could easily be made by their lack of understanding. While there was a sign offering a lunch special, no mention was made of it by our waiter. The entree prices were a little steep for lunch - I'd recommend a lunch menu featuring smaller portions at lower cost. Worth a second chance, I'll be back to try the fire roasted chicken ...

(Note: They feature latino karaoke on Saturday nights and the house is packed with locals.)

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chantilly, Virginia
“Hands down, their "stew" was the worst looking and worst tasting meal i've ever had in a restaurant.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011 via mobile

You can try they are trying to succeed, but the food and service isn't helping. Arrived and had to walk past an employee smoking in front of the door. A friendly waiter (the only one working on a Friday night!) suggested a couple of items. We ordered the "stew" and one other dish. The stew ended up being 3 hard pieces of beef sitting on top of black beans. A bowl of rice was served on the side. It was unedible. It took the waiter about 10 minutes to come back and take it away. He did offer to replace it. We declined. Our other seafood and rice dish was a 2 out if 10. They have an open kitchen. Employees did not appear to be organized or motivated. It seemed like our waiter and one other employee were the only ones doing any work.

• 2 of 5 stars Food