“Tasty vegetarian food, about seven miles from Dulles Airport” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegan, Vegetarian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Fairfax, Virginia
“Tasty vegetarian food, about seven miles from Dulles Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stopped at Lotus and ordered four entrees on our way home after picking up two guests at Dulles airport. All the entrees were excellent. The group’s favorite was the Crispy Vege-Prawn (made with sweet potato) with sesame sauce. The slightly sweet Savory Eggplant with basil had just the right amount of seasoning.. The Sizzling Beef with noodles had a good beef flavor, and the vege-chicken with cashews was also tasty. Cold strong ginger tea was liked by one of us but was too spicy for another. Our guest thought the fruit mix smoothie, which had a predominant pineapple flavor, was OK but could have been bigger and was not thick enough.. In the last two years we’ve also had delicious organic tofu with crunchy julienned jicama strips, tasty orange eggplant and so-so pumpkin soup. We’re not exclusively vegetarian; the husband in particular likes to order meat, but he does not feel at all deprived by eating here. We have eaten at Lotus quite a few times. Service has been quick, and in contrast with a recent review, we’ve never been treated rudely, including when asking for chopsticks. The menu is extensive and reasonably priced. Lotus is located in Chantilly (near Lowe’s in Sully Plaza.).

Visited June 2013

79% Recommend
“Fabulous, quick food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I love the food we picked up from here for dinner. Even if you are a meat eater, you will leave this place satisfied. I don't eat the fake-meat products, so I chose the spinach salad and added avocado. It was delicious and had just the right amount of sweetness from the apples. We chose two sides: edamame (which was good, very all dente- which I like) and spring rolls (a bit greasy for my liking, but very fresh). My husband had the vege-beef dish (E3) and absolutely loved it, even if he wasn't sure what lotus root was before he bought it. I can't speak to a dining in experience, because we got it to go, but the brief service we had was very friendly. I will definitely come back here!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went here for a late lunch one afternoon. The minute we entered the manager seemed put out that we were interrupting her lunch. We ordered two entrees, am appetizer, and two sodas. The food was delivered but the drinks never came. We told another employee about the drinks and they were delivered. I then asked for chopsticks. The manager seemed so irritated and put out by my request that I told her forget it I don't need the chopsticks.she then replied that she did not want to run back and forth. The only additional item we asked for was chopsticks and apparently that was too much..we will never be going back!!!

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“Vegetarian with some delicious Gluten-Free dishes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This restaurant is right around the corner from Lee Jackson Highway and shares the same plaza with and is right next to Home Depot. I enjoyed my eggplant dish. The side salad was very good too with nice fresh assorted greens and a nicely complementing oriental dressing. My friend who has severe food allergies and adheres to a strict, gluten-free diet was able to enjoy a gluten-free asparagus-mushroom dish as recommended by the waitress. You do have to ask for gluten-free recommendations since they are not noted on the menu. The portions were reasonable and so were the prices. The atmosphere was bright and cheerful. The waitress was very helpful. This is on my list to return to with my vegan and gluten-free friends.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lindon, Utah
“Fresh, tasty and healthy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Wonderful food in a casual diner setting. Had the recommended entree of lotus spicy which had a wonderful sauce, crunchy vegetables and delicious grilled tofu and an added bonus of peanuts. One of the best vegetarian dishes I've ever eaten. My husband had a very nice watercress and wonton soup. They have an extensive menu of Asian dishes plus many types of veggie burgers and even smoothies! Located in a strip mall, the food outclasses the location. But the restaurant is very clean and the staff is warm and friendly. We were here on a business trip, but I would love to eat here again.

• Visited February 2013