“Bad Customer Service Experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Airport

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4506 Brookfield Corporate Drive, Chantilly, VA 20151 (Formerly Sierra Suites Chantilly)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
“Bad Customer Service Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

So I call 703-263-7200 and get a woman named Emily. She was very helpful. She told me there was a room available at the price I saw online. I'm on the road and had to get off the phone. I call back and get some guy (whose name I did not get). He was very curt with me and told me the rooms were all booked. I call back again, hoping to speak with someone else. I get him again. Attitude the same. Why couldn't I get Emily again?!?!? I booked with another hotel. Later, I find out that there's more than one location. Maybe if the guy took the time to provide information and good customer service, I would be laying in a bed at Extended Stay America. Instead I spend a little more money for better service!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I stopped here due a job interview nearby and was pleasantly surprised by accommodations....
Luckily, Naomi was helpful, friendly, and serviced my needs for a quick place to crash for one night...And $100 on short notice in metro DC was a good deal.
I was quite impressed with the remodeled flooring, bedding comfort, freshly painted interiors, cleanliness, sleeper sofa, and kitchen amenities...though there was a foul odor (rotting food?) near the desk for some reason. The one downfall was the only available units faced Route 28. The roar of the trucks all day and all night was a tad annoying...Otherwise, pleasant stay and would do it again!

Room Tip: Rooms with windows facing inward towards pool are quieter...otherwise, you will hear somewhat loud t...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I booked the stay of my parents through Hotwire website today. The hotel is advertised along with other hotel and it is stated that provides free breakfast.

I would like to warn the consumers that the breakfast is "grab and go" so called continental type of breakfast, which is different from the other kinds offered on the market.

Please be aware of that when booking this hotel if you have the happen to know that this is the hotel.
In case the consumer decides to go with Hotwire.. Good Luck !! The deal is not refundable and you will end up with cold breakfast!!!
After speaking with Customer Service Representative from Hotwire they told me that they advertise free breakfast and it is up to the consumer to find out what type of breakfast is provided.
I wonder how can I do that if I don't know the hotel name before my reservation?

Customer Service Representative from Extended Stay America confirmed that indeed the breakfast is "grab and go" continental and that I have to warn the booking sites such as Hotwire for misleading consumers.

I was not allowed to change my stay! My parents are with heart conditions and I am considering to lose money and cancel the whole reservation, instead of placing them through four days of nightmare.

I am sorry, but I can not give more than a star for such a treatment of consumer trust.

I believe that both Extended Stay America and the advertising website such as Hotwire should work together to explain better the type of breakfast offered in the hotel.

The story does not end there ..it turns out that the hotel does not provide shuttle to and from the airport, so the customer is responsible for means of transportation. Which means that my parents who barely speak any English will have to navigate their way to the hotel.How convenient!!!:(

To win the trust of the customer is an art, which apparently is missing in both companies.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
nasfam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Joe checked us in--dear man, he'd been up something like 36 hours helping hotel guests; Naima's the one who got us more cocoa (and then MORE cocoa) when it ran out at the breakfast bar one morning =) People, don't take cocoa to your rooms unless it's for use THAT morning!

Room Tip: We got room 225--corner room w/ queen bed and pull-out couch; it was HUGE! =)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Airport, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our staff during your visit with us. Please accept our apologies that we ran out of hot cocoa in the morning; however, I’m glad that our staff was able to get more for you. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
South Thomaston, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Gives you a chance to unwind and not have to eat out! Good coffee,but breakfast is lame.No milk, only coffeemate for the oatmeal,seriously???? Water pressure out of the shower head could be Better.Trash room needs to be cleaned out more often. The Hall smelled of garbage.

• Stayed March 2014
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stayed here 4 nights and overall was worked for my business needs (4 blocks from where I had to be each day). Internet very slow, I didn't pay for additional speed. Everything else was OK and made for a good business trip and a pleasant stay. Friendly helpful staff. Lots of restaurants and other facilities in the area. 10 minutes from Dulles Int.
Housekeeping needs improvement, my room stunk (curry) and in front of my bathroom vanity on the floor was a sticky Mouse Catcher?? Top of frig had 2 months worth of dust, they need to do better!!
The room had with microwave, coffeepot, full size refrigerator, stove and (very) basic utensils, pans toaster etc so you can cook your meals if you so desire. This is a suite hotel which means you get more amenities for less$, but you do not get daily room service, you get room service once a week (if you want clean sheets, towels etc they will gladly give to you at the front desk). Because it has a mini kitchenette they do not serve breakfast, but offered coffee and oatmeal bars & muffins to go.. The hotel seamed clean and well appointed, There is a laundry room. Comfortable beds (if you like extra firm), This is an older property I say it is 2 stars at most. But if price matters it could be your spot. I might stay here again if I'm in this area but doubt it..

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Airport, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that our free Wi-Fi and the cleanliness of your room did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, as it will enable us to continue to improve our hotel.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at DCN@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in the area.
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stay at hotels throughtout the year for business, I've been to this Location before, and was happy to see the quality still here. I got there quite late on a Wed, Staff was friendly ..disappeared after I arrived, perhaps they were waiting. That felt good. Room is small but well designed, sep kitchen area with carpet in bedroom area, gives sense of space.. great t.v. and dvd player . I liked designs of furniture, lights on walls, full kitchen, bathtub, I dropped something on floor and had to look under bed, something I hate to do in a hotel ! It was very clean. The entire room was spotless. I like this hotel and only a few negatives
ONE luggage cart. ONE. it was missing, all the time. Many hotels are now buying small intelligent carts, 4 fit together like in a super market, since space is tight.. they are cheaper too. I had to make 4 trips back and forth to the car.
my curtain didn't close tightly to block out light... linens on bed are in good condition but cheapish, and noise from highway woke me at 5 a.m. the bed however, was extremely comfortable.
Also,It was a very cold night, and I didn't put on the heat since I don't like the noise of heating units ,and yet I was only a little chilly so I guess the hotel is well insulated. all in all, I recommend the facility and will stay there again in late January.
I'd ask for an extra blanket, a room opposite side of hotel from highway... My fav restaurant in the area is Bonefish Grill.(703) 378-4970 - 13005 Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy, Fairfax, VA.and there is a redbox to rent dvds a few min away outside Walmart .
If anything I've said has helped you, please give me a helpful vote !

Room Tip: choose a room opposite side from highway
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Airport

Address: 4506 Brookfield Corporate Drive, Chantilly, VA 20151 (Formerly Sierra Suites Chantilly)
Location: United States > Virginia > Fairfax County > Chantilly
#11 Business Hotel in Chantilly
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Airport 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Washington Dc-Chantilly Hotel Chantilly
Extended Stay Chantilly
Extended Stay America Chantilly
Chantilly Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.