I normally don't review properties (I think I've reviewed just 3 in 3 years), but I felt the need to give credit where credit is due here!
After traveling for a year, I came back to the DC area for a few months - since I was staying for such a short time, my living options were limited. I didn't want to sign a 12-month lease, and I didn't really feel like paying $1800/month for a short-term apartment.
So, I found the Extended Stay Chantilly through Priceline, and got a really good week-to-week deal here. I figured it would be a really basic hotel, but I was really pleasantly surprised with everything over the last 2 months.
- Pretty modern rooms that are very clean. Apparently, they were updated 2 years ago, and it shows. Flat screen TV, nice marble countertops, nice new couch and bed, etc. This was definitely the best part of the stay, and feels more like a 3-3.5 star hotel.
- You get the perks of a big hotel chain, like cleaning (once/week) and free breakfast (just fruit/cereal bars/muffins/coffee, but it works), and WiFi throughout the building.
- The room has everything: workstation, full kitchen, fridge - so you can live here like you would any apartment.
- A Wal-Mart just across the road! Okay, I get a little too excited about this kind of thing :) But it's open 24 hours, and only takes about 8 minutes to walk to (2 minute drive), so you can buy anything you need 24/7.
- Cheaper than a short-term apartment or similar hotel. This is priced like a 1-star hotel, but again, feels more like a 3-star one.
- The staff! Especially Naima and Promita - they are so full of energy, and really brighten your day when you go by the front desk. Between that and a cup of coffee, I'm good to go :) If you have any questions or need anything, they're so helpful. The whole staff is great, but these 2 really stood out!
- Noise - the doors in the hotel *really* slam loudly, so you just have to hope that nobody comes in and out when you're trying to sleep. There are definitely times where people are drunk in the halls at 1am, or talking loudly on their phone in the hallway at midnight, which can get in the way of a good night's sleep. That being said, the hotel itself is situated in a very quiet dead end part of Brookfield Corporate Drive. There's almost zero outside noise at night, which is rare in the DC metro area!
- Far from the city - if you're not from around here, don't mistake this for being close to DC. It's a 40-minute drive (one way) in good traffic, and probably 60 minutes during rush hour. There's not a whole lot here besides the hotel and a Wal-Mart, so be prepared to drive to get to anywhere else.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Odigeo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stay Deluxe Washington Dc-Chantilly Hotel Chantilly
- Extended Stay Chantilly
- Extended Stay America Chantilly
- Chantilly Extended Stay