“Great Conference Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Chantilly
Valdosta, Georgia
“Great Conference Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights this weekend for a conference and were pleased overall with the experience. This hotel very obviously caters to conferences, weddings and other large events, as shown by the massive conference rooms and lobbies.

Check-in/Staff: Check-in was quick and easy, and they allowed us to check in early at 3:00. All the staff were extremely professional and helpful, despite telling us the incorrect times for the breakfast buffet, leading to having a lunch buffet at 10:45. No harm done and they counted our lunch as our breakfast and comped it with our gold membership. Even cleaning staff always greeted us, as well as the staff at the entrance.

Breakfast: Buffet is $18.95 without a gold membership, but is well worth the money - very wide selection of excellent food, from bacon and sausage, fruit, oatmeal/cereal, to breakfast burritos and French toast. Everything was excellent.

Room: Clean,standard Marriott room, and ours had a fridge. The hotel does not provide fridges for all guests, and are usually given only on request and if they're available, so I assume that our gold membership gave us an extra perk. Just something to consider. There is an extra dressing mirror outside the bathroom so that two people can get ready, which is a nice perk. Bathrobes are comfy - not sublime, but a nice touch none the less. The wifi has a daily charge of $12.95, which I thought was a ludicrous charge for a top hotel in the year 2013, where wifi is standard at nearly very hotel in America. Gold members have it complementary, but I think it's an unnecessary charge for guests.

Grounds/Parking: Hotel is extremely beautiful and the setting is isolated on beautiful, well-kept grounds with lovely walking paths. Parking is a bit of a walk, and if there is a conference happening, the back-up lots are even further. There is an option to park valet for $25/day but I'm frugal and I like to walk.

Overall it was a good stay, and considering that we got a reduced rate for the conference. I don't think I would be pleased at having to pay the wifi charge, but it's a small factor. We didn't have time to make it to the pools or fitness room, so I can't comment on those. Would gladly stay here again for the next conference.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

298 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
LaVale, Md
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I attended a conference here over the weekend. The hotel is very large and has one of the largest lobbies I have seen. Coming up to the hotel was pretty amazing, the front view and well maintained grounds were pretty amazing. The restaurant was very expensive but I didn't except it to be cheap after seeing the hotel. This is also where the Bilderberg group meets on occasion, so I knew it would be very nice if the worlds wealthiest men stay here. The hotel has numerous meeting rooms and an amazing patio. I would recommend have any conference or group event at this hotel. All staff were very courteous. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at this Marriot while in town to go to a concert. The hotel makes quite a statement when you are walking up and when you enter. The lobby and other areas were beautiful and very impressive. Our room was extremeley comfortable. The bathroom was nice- I really liked the fact that there were two sinks. Beds were very comfortable. Every one we encountered was very friendly and helpful. I would more than gladly stay here again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Beaumont, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Few observations:

*Nice gym plus indoor and outdoor pool but I found only stairs that lead to these areas (have a daughter with physical limitations) and only one pool opened at a time

*Requested high floor (Platnium Elite Member) and assigned room on the bottom floor

*Room was very basic; did have a flat screen plus two sink areas and provided a mini fridge upon request

*Self Parking is a walk so be prepared and handicap parking is minimal

*Arrived late on Friday and decided to eat in the bar that was a temporary set up. The Crab Chowder was amazing! Irene (believe that was her name) did a great job making our 5 year old happy that late at night; she was very accommodating.

*Breakfast Buffet was very good but not sure if I would pay for it (as a Platnium it is Free). They have a omelette station, assorted juices, scrambled eggs, potatoes, other egg dish, French toast, waffles, sausage, bacon, fruit, cereal, oatmeal and assorted pastries.

*Overall I would recommend this hotel if location works out for you. Nothing was overly impressive. Best description really is that it felt more like a courtyard then a full scale Marriott Property (that's not a compliment in this situation).

• Stayed September 2013
Scituate, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Great service by friendly people for the most part except for the bar and restaurant. Now you would expect that a massive place like this would have a decent bar and restaurant, but if there ever was one, it is apparently under construction. The bar service in the makeshift bar and restaurant was beyond abysmal. There were several different groups at different functions, and each of them was complaining about the service.
There is a small pool with a sullen lifeguard, but not much else.
I would definitely avoid this place. You would be much better off at a cut-rate hotel and would probably end up with a better room, restaurant and service, but a driveway that wasn't quite so fancy.
You have to wonder what concept the management has with this hotel. My guess is none.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Joanne C, Manager at Westfields Marriott Washington Dulles, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Hi BostonBeachGuy,
We are sorry that your stay with us was so unsatisfactory. We did have to undergo extensive renovations and regret that your stay was so unpleasant. However, I'm happy to say that our renovations have been completed and would love to have you back sometime soon so you can see for yourself!
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I was there from October 1st till 5th 2012 on a business assignment. This is an awesome property. Massive unlike other brands and spic and span. However food was surely not to my liking. The hotel staff was courteous and helpful , the restaurant/dining area was massive and the ball rooms were just amazing.I would definitely stay there next time.

• Stayed October 2012
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel with 2 small children over Labor Day weekend. Front desk clerk was very pleasant and accommodating. Rooms were adequately sized and clean. Outside pool area was nice but the water was a little cool. Great location...secluded enough but a short car ride away from a lot of places to eat/shop. The only downside to this hotel was that we stayed on a Saturday when there were 3 weddings occurring. Although parking was free and lots of it, we had to park quite a ways away from the hotel. With 2 small children we turn in pretty early and were awaken around 11:40 by loud music and a lot of people talking (next door in the Windsor Suite). After about 5 min. of that and a baby waking up, we called the front desk and were able to hear a security officer come to the suite within 3 min. Music was turned down instantly and voices lowered considerably. Second occurrence happened around 12:00. Party going on above us. Heavy foot traffic, music, and loud chanting. Another call to the front desk. Within a few minutes we could hear the knock on the door from security, music turned off, chanting stopped...but about 20 min. later it was the same thing. Another call to the front desk. This time it sounded like the room was cleared and we heard nothing else from the room above us. Overall good experience at the hotel, but we ended up checking out a day early. We could not risk having another interrupted/sleepless night. The hotel could not have known these people would act they way they did and we were pleased with the way they handled the situation...quickly and efficiently. I would highly suggest staying here...just check to see if there are any events before you do or else you might find yourself in the same situation as us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Westfields Marriott Washington Dulles? Share your experiences!