Ok let's start by saying the obvious. This is not a 5 star hotel and not in the heart of DC. How ever it is a nice place and value for your money.
The hotel is about 35 minutes from DC's main attractions. So if you are planning to stay here when visiting DC take that in consideration. There are public transportation trains into DC but it is pricey or you can drive your self into DC (keep that in mind).
The hotel it self is very nice and spacious, set back in a woodsy area (you may even spot a deer at night; we did) the place is a conference center so depending on your luck, you may have a packed place or semi empty. We stay from July 3rd to July 7th and the first few nights the hotel was very empty but the last 2 nights (weekend) there were 3 weddings schedule each day so it was packed, but here is where you have to get smart about staying at hotels... When you check in; ask for your room to be at the end of a hall, the furthest from the elevators. You may have to walk a few more steps, but you are avoiding any foot traffic and noise for that matter from other guests at your floor (trust me, is worth it) and this is a great tip at any hotel.
The room we reserved came with complementary breakfast buffet and it was a nice full on buffet complete with omelet station and all.
The rooms are nice and clean, nothing spectacular but ample and clean.
The outside pool area is great, nice and big pool with plenty of tables and lounge chairs and hot t tub and the second pool (indoors) is not as big but nice enough. Worth to mention that the pools are open one at the time... outside pool has preference and the indoor pool only opens when inclement weather is upon.
The gym is sufficient and also has looker rooms with sauna room.
The minuses are that there are no mini fridges in the rooms and is a little far from downtown DC so keep that in mind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located close to downtown Washington DC and the Dulles International Airport, this hotel in Chantilly, VA offers conference facilities, accommodations and activities for business and leisure travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Westfields Marriott Washington Dulles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westfields Marriott Washington Dulles Hotel Chantilly
- Marriott Hotel Chantilly
- Marriott Resort Chantilly
- Marriott Chantilly
- Chantilly Marriott