“Beautiful setting” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Salina
“Beautiful setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Attended a meeting at the Marriott. The staff that I encountered were friendly. Had a long walk to the room, but overall it was clean. If you do not have a car, you're pretty much stuck at the hotel unless you cab it somewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

LOVE this hotel. Its tucked away in the woods and when it pops up its something like out of a movie. The lobby is beautiful and well decorated and the staff here is GREAT. I had my wedding here and they were so helpful and cooperating. The decor and lighting they help set up was amazing and amazed everyone. The rooms here are very nice and comfy and are easy to access. They have a wonderful Sunday brunch spread of all the food you would want during brunch and more. Steak, eggs benedict, fresh jumbo shrimp, assortment of cheeses, bread, danishes and the omelet station. I would def recommend this hotel to anyone who is in the area. Enjoy your stay!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was the perfect hotel for our family reunion, had a blast. The grounds are beautiful and there was beautiful greenery. The staff was very friendly and courteous. Can't wait to go back, looking forward staying there again

Room Tip: bid on priceline, always works for me
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

When I checked in I went to lengths to ask for a room in a quiet location. I was given a nice room in a wing but looking onto the main entrance. Well I assumed they knew there business and that this would not be noisy. In the evening there were limos and buses pulling in an out and occasionally honking and guests rejoicing. It was not quiet. In the morning the buses rolled up -- three of them and parked outside my window and turned there engines on for about half an hour at least. When I spoke to my wife on the phone she asked if I was driving -- that was my quiet room. The front desk said that the room I had been given was unacceptable and said I would not be charged for the night. I told them I would leave the next day and they said fine, did not offer to move me.
The hotel is attractive overall but it most by about 25 years old and showing signs of age.
Overall disappointing, the front desk personnel particularly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing onto the front entrance.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Our three day annual conference could not have gone off more smoothly; in fact, the catering coordinator personally handed me a complimentary smoothy each morning! Everyone from engineering to catering to the restaurant to the management seemed to be personally engaged in making sure our 75 attendees wanted for nothing. I would take us back there for our next event in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask to be in the wing over the swimming pool (there's no chlorine scent leaking in). It's so...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

When my kids and I finally got to tag along with my husband for his monthly trip to DC, he picked this hotel. At first I was a little worried about it being a little too "fancy" for my 2 yr old and 5 yr old, but those worries were soon put to rest when I saw how great the staff was. They entertained my children when we were waiting for our ride and were very helpful when suggesting things for my family to do while my husband was at work. Never once did they make me feel like my kids were not welcome. Great food too! My daughter loved the macaroni!

Room Tip: If you are going with kids, ask for a room on the pool side of the hotel, it was a long trek from ou...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here while working for the US EPA reviewing grant proposals. Hotel is located in a nicely wooded, secluded area about 8 miles from Dulles Airport. The hotel is very nice and exudes an air of understated luxury. Check-in was pleasant, efficient and quick. Room was very nice with a nice business appointment theme but eminently suitable for a pleasure stay. Dual sinks and a closet that opened in two directions were a nice touch. The EPA gig included breakfasts and lunch. Breakfast was nice but nothing out of the ordinary. Lunches were truly an experience with perhaps the best food I have ever had on a business buffet. I highly recommend this hotel when in the Washington area on business or you want to visit the nearby Air and Space Museum which has the Space Shuttle and Concord.

Room Tip: I really like my room in the Peale East.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Westfields Marriott Washington Dulles? Share your experiences!