“beautiful hotel, loved it” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Tampa, Florida
“beautiful hotel, loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was the perfect hotel for our family reunion, had a blast. The grounds are beautiful and there was beautiful greenery. The staff was very friendly and courteous. Can't wait to go back, looking forward staying there again

Room Tip: bid on priceline, always works for me
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Raleigh, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

When I checked in I went to lengths to ask for a room in a quiet location. I was given a nice room in a wing but looking onto the main entrance. Well I assumed they knew there business and that this would not be noisy. In the evening there were limos and buses pulling in an out and occasionally honking and guests rejoicing. It was not quiet. In the morning the buses rolled up -- three of them and parked outside my window and turned there engines on for about half an hour at least. When I spoke to my wife on the phone she asked if I was driving -- that was my quiet room. The front desk said that the room I had been given was unacceptable and said I would not be charged for the night. I told them I would leave the next day and they said fine, did not offer to move me.
The hotel is attractive overall but it most by about 25 years old and showing signs of age.
Overall disappointing, the front desk personnel particularly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing onto the front entrance.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Our three day annual conference could not have gone off more smoothly; in fact, the catering coordinator personally handed me a complimentary smoothy each morning! Everyone from engineering to catering to the restaurant to the management seemed to be personally engaged in making sure our 75 attendees wanted for nothing. I would take us back there for our next event in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask to be in the wing over the swimming pool (there's no chlorine scent leaking in). It's so...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

When my kids and I finally got to tag along with my husband for his monthly trip to DC, he picked this hotel. At first I was a little worried about it being a little too "fancy" for my 2 yr old and 5 yr old, but those worries were soon put to rest when I saw how great the staff was. They entertained my children when we were waiting for our ride and were very helpful when suggesting things for my family to do while my husband was at work. Never once did they make me feel like my kids were not welcome. Great food too! My daughter loved the macaroni!

Room Tip: If you are going with kids, ask for a room on the pool side of the hotel, it was a long trek from ou...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here while working for the US EPA reviewing grant proposals. Hotel is located in a nicely wooded, secluded area about 8 miles from Dulles Airport. The hotel is very nice and exudes an air of understated luxury. Check-in was pleasant, efficient and quick. Room was very nice with a nice business appointment theme but eminently suitable for a pleasure stay. Dual sinks and a closet that opened in two directions were a nice touch. The EPA gig included breakfasts and lunch. Breakfast was nice but nothing out of the ordinary. Lunches were truly an experience with perhaps the best food I have ever had on a business buffet. I highly recommend this hotel when in the Washington area on business or you want to visit the nearby Air and Space Museum which has the Space Shuttle and Concord.

Room Tip: I really like my room in the Peale East.
Covington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

OK stayed here for a government program review meeting. Heck, I'm impressed! I understand the facility is easy to secure so it is preferred for diplomatic meetings where security is important. Dulles is (sort of) close for international flights. It is a $25 taxi cab ride so not really that close. It is a great Marriott site. The facilities are beautiful, the rooms awesome, the beds and pillows are totally sensitive to folks who like soft, medium or hard pillows. The service is wonderful, everyone was very happy and polite and sensitive to your needs. The meeting breakfast and lunch at the facility were first class, expected for this level of Marriott. No rubber chicken here. The only drawback to this facility is that it is in the middle of NOWHERE and sadly too far away from DC to make the trek into town for entertainment/dinner not realistic. Five thumbs up for awesome. One thumb down as a destination location. A colleague with a car drove around the area and the only thing he found was a WalMart and chain restaurants. He came back to the hotel for dinner because it was the best in the area. (and it really is excellent!).

Room Tip: The facility is so remote that there really is no 'bad' room. As far as view, there doesn...
Santiago, Chile
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a standard Marriott. It has a gym, 2 pools, restaurant, bar, conference center. The staff is nice.

The room didn't have a fridge or TV guide and the room wasn't as fancy as the international hotels. We did have breakfast (which was fine) because we are Marriott Gold Elite.

I guess we were expecting more, since we usually stay at international hotels.

Room Tip: Our room on the 4th floor, West Wing, had a view of the trees. The West Wing is really far from the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Westfields Marriott Washington Dulles? Share your experiences!