“Outstanding hotel in general, but some of the details overlooked” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Rewards Points!
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
USA
“Outstanding hotel in general, but some of the details overlooked”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I enjoyed my time at the Westfields Marriott...the staff were excellent, attentive, and very helpful. The food in the restaurant was very good, and the overall facilities were superb. Where things didn't go so well was in the actual room where I stayed. The bed was not comfortable and the fitted sheet did not fit the mattress, so I had to fight all night just to keep the sheets on the bed. Furniture was a bit old and and the bathroom, though clean, also showed signs of age and wear. I had expected more based on the top rating that this hotel had earned from AAA.

The room service menu was extremely limited and restaurant staff were not able to prepare anything that was not directly on the menu.

Would I stay here again? Probably, but my expectations would not be for a hotel that earned a 4-diamond rating from AAA.

In terms of overall comfort in the Chantilly/Herndon Area, the World Center Marriott is a much better choice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Annapolis, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

If I could give this hotel a zero I would. It is 2 am in the morning and my family is awakened for the 3 rd time by drunk, loud hotel patrons. Not just one or two but dozens rooming the halls. I would not believe this if I did not experience myself. The night manager Daniel apologizes. We suggest after 4 calls to front desk that they move the drunk, loud ones on our hallway. No they will not do this. Instead we have to change rooms at 2 am having not slept a wink ! Husband carrying sleeping kids through hotel trying to find some quiet area to sleep. More very loud drunk people in lobby. Manger Daniel says this happens year round, weekly due to " work parties". I ask him why they are not equipped to handle the fall out from these parties and why my poor rule obeying family have to be the ones to pack up our things and move on. He shrugs.

Room Tip: All rooms and management are to satisfy the loud, drunk party goers. I think numerous groups of peop...
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a large family function that took place in one of the hotel ballrooms. We found the hotel to be well kept and clean, and the staff were helpful and friendly. This hotel is popular for wedding receptions and business meetings, and there can be a lot of traffic in the halls at night. The rooms were standard for a business hotel, a bit on the small side, but nicely furnished. The breakfast was another high point, with a large buffet with many hot choices, an omelet station with several cooks to make the line go fast, and a great selection of fruit, yogurt, and pastries.
I don't know if I will ever need to stay in Virginia again near Dulles Airport, but Westfields Marriott will be one of my top choices. Airport access is very easy.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Only here for two night as we are having our sales kick off meeting, but this Marriott is beautiful all around. I happened to have a very spacious room with two queen size beds. Fairly decent size LCD television as well.

Bathroom was a very nice but perhaps a bit on the small side.Beds were very comfortable. Now, if the Hilton had these beds, they'd be fantastic. But this is a good business oriented hotel to stay in. Definitely has that feel.

Climate control within the room was not bad. As for the overall lighting available in the room, was sufficient, however, I tend to like rooms that are overkill on the light and you can just turn off the ones you don't need to be using.

Given that my stay was due to work circumstances than a vacation where I chose the hotel, my comments regarding food will be of little to no value, since it's not as if I am ordering in the hotel restaurant menu but instead eating selections from a pre-arranged menu.

I wish they had the 24 Hour menu that the Hilton Dublin had, that would have been great. But overall the staff were very helpful and attentive.

And, I apologize for having photos that show the room as it was when I arrived. Needless to say, it was immaculate before I got to it!

Gaithersburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We are still here and my visit has been phenomenal!! The hotel is very impressive when you pull up to the front. As you can see from pictures, it's a huge brick hotel with a brick driveway. I checked in with no problem and the women at the front desk were very friendly. The lobby is beautifully decorated for Christmas and there was a wedding on the 2nd floor. It is Jan 1st today so it's pretty quiet in the hotel.
The rooms are huge and beautifully decorated. Very subdued and classy. The bathrooms could use a little more space though. Everything is very clean and the coffee maker is a nice touch. It's even nicer that it isn't in the bathroom, like in a lot of hotels. The king sized bed is huge and really comfy!! There are some rooms with balconies.
The hotel is a conference center so it's HUGE!! I don't know when it was built but it is decorated very eclectically. There are oil paintings everywhere, and some are a bit creepy. It kind of has a Colonial/French feel to it. I would have given them 5 stars, but the entire lower level is FREEZING!! It feels like the heat may be broken. I don't know whether its because its an old hotel, or that it's huge, but they could use some more heat.
Overall, the hotel is beautiful and service is great! It's kind of far from everything, but that's why I came. The grounds are nice and probably better when there are leaves on the trees. Great stay and I would stay again!!

• Stayed January 2013
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed here one night after a vacation that included various places around Virginia. We selected it because it was away from the city, yet still close to the airport for our flight home. It is a beautifully appointed hotel -- very pretty inside and out. The rooms are on the small side, yet they are comfortable rooms with a nice bed and pillows, desk and sitting area. There is a business center and nice restaurant, along with a coffee bar. The hotel grounds have lots of trees and shrubs that are well taken care of, and overall it is a very quiet and restful place. The staff is professional and helpful. We will stay at this hotel again when we are in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel located in Chantilly. Great staff, helpful and pleasant. The rooms are nice, the food is good. Bar is a great place to unwind. You do need a car. Valet is expensive but plenty of free self parking. Located near Dulles airport with easy access to Washington DC.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business