“Hidden Treasure” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Hidden Treasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Traveling to NYC from NC hubby and I decided to spend 24hrs in DC for a date night. When we mentioned it was a date night the staff treated us like it was a honeymoon. We took romantic walks and enjoyed the spa.

The breakfast buffet was wonderful!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We have stayed at The Westfields Marriott many times. The hotel is attractive in a park setting with Old Virginia Colonial architecture. The staff has always been most welcoming. In the dining room each morning Mr. Phuang greeted us with a smile and remembered our preferences. While it is a large hotel the attentiveness of the staff gives it a small hotel feel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed during a 3 day business conference. We rented a car for side trips, so getting to/from Dulles was very easy. Setting was picturesque, with hotel nestled neatly in a wooded area. Hotel was elegant, rooms nicely appointed. Guest rooms were close to function rooms so quite easy to come and go. Spouse took several day trips for shopping and sightseeing and found it convenient. Free parking was a plus. Staff was pleasant and courteous. Computer available at kiosk for printing airline boarding pass was helpful, especially since the oversized touchscreen panel display was not working properly. Meeting accomodations were outstanding, including continental breakfasts, snacks and drinks and banquet luncheons. Otherwise we did not use restaurants on site. Spouse used exercise facilities and found it spacious and well appointed, quite satisfactory even as the number of users got large. Would definitely recommend for business meeting, particularly if group is coming from across the country. Not sure whether I would use for personal recreational travel as other facilities may be better situated geographically for touring purposes.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed convenient and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Woodstock, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We had a pleasant stay. The room and bath was nice. We ate at the Pub and had a Maryland Crab Cake which is the only thing that we DIDN'T LIKE. Being from Maryland, I expected better. One would think Virginia would know how to make real Maryland Crab Cakes. Had the breakfast buffet on Sunday morning and it was fine. All in all we enjoyed our stay. Didn't really request any service other than the bags taken to our room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

A somewhat elegant Marriott property. Older, but well kept up. Property is densely forested centered in an area of major technology corporations. Food options are to eat at the hotel (which was good) or get in your car - nothing within walking distance. I'd definitely consider it again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed for a business symposium in the Westfields Marriott Hotel. The hotel is convenient located close to Dulles Airport ($25 by taxi) but is far away from Washington DC and anything else... You have to take a taxi (or rent a car) to go anywere. The staff is very helpfull and do their utmost to make your stay pleasant. The breakfast buffet is very nice with a cook who makes any style of eggs. As for the "business side"; wifi is throughout the hotel (standard rate is $12,95 per day, which is expensive, but apparently our host arranged for free Wifi). The snacks and lunch arranged during the symposium were very good. Rooms are nice and spacious. The Westfiels is a nice hotel to stay when you need to be close to Dulles but is also a nice hotel to have a symposium, if you want to stay in a hotel to visit DC get a hotel closer to Washington DC.

Room Tip: It is a huge hotel, ask for a room close to the elevators.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

As a treat to myself I booked a King room at the eloquent Westfields Marriott. I was delayed traveling through the Blueridge mountains for a six car wreck which had traffic a mess. I arrived at almost 11 p.m. The hotel is nestled in a beautiful grove of trees. I was immediately greeted by a bellman. Check in was great. I explained I needed to go back to park my car and was given a courtesy valet parking pass. Room service was about to end and I was told I could still order but would have to carry it myself. Their British pub was full of guest having fun. I took my glass of cabernet with me and returned for my awesome pastromi sandwich with fries. My room was so impressive as it's decor. Next morning I wanted to go check out the rest of the place but discovered I left my flat iron in my trunk. A call to the front desk and it was brought up for me in five minutes. Hair then perfect I was off for breakfast in the Palm Court. Opulence all around me I was seated and handed a menu. After placing my order I was told everything I wanted was on the brunch buffet and I could save money. I went for the brunch and the quality of choices were endless. I checked out the hotel store which had just what I needed and on the way back to my room I picked up two newspapers they give for free. The Washington Post & Wall Street Journal.The Westfields is my favorite Marriott property so far! Class, service, and friendly professional staff. Golf and horses nearby for the asking. I can't forget the private gazebo out back not to mention a courtesy late check out. I can't wait to return and soon!

Room Tip: The way the hotel is designed there are no bad view rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Westfields Marriott Washington Dulles? Share your experiences!