You added Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ft. Lauderdale
“A Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at this hotel recently on business. It is a good hotel, typical of all Courtyard Marriotts. The lobby was almost identical to other Courtyard Marriotts I have stayed at in other states. The room was good sized and was very adequate with a small couch, refrigerator and queen bed. It's a good choice if you have business in the area or need an overnight stay close to Washington Dulles Airport.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Santa Maria, RS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had to stay 17 hours at Washington Dulles Airport. Instead of staying in the airport, I used this hotel for an overday stay. I rang two days before and was told it would be half the rate for overnight. In the end they told me this was mistaken and charged me an overnight rate, which I was happy enough to pay. However when I arrived at the hotel the staff informed me that I could only have the room until 5.30pm (my flight left at 10pm), and 5.30 I came down to sign out of the hotel. I commented that I had another four and half hours to wait, and a very helpful girl said I could have it as long as I needed it....and 8pm was agreed. In few words I found the staff confused and this was the only down side of a very comfortable stay. Free wifi is only available in the front lounge with a 12 buck bill for room use. Would certainly use it again, but check well what staff informs as it looks like one says one thing and another something very different.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Mccanbrazil,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel.

I apologize for any confusion with our rates. Unfortunately, we do not offer day rates and a stay of 17 hours would be considered an overnight stay. I am pleased to hear that the issue was resolved and you were able to relax until your flight departed.

We do offer complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and in the guestrooms. We offer a tiered service where standard internet is free but for an even higher speed you can pay an additional $4.95 for a 24 hour period. It is possible that you mistakenly signed up for the higher speed service.

We look forward to hosting you if/when your travel plans bring back to our area.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel for your travel needs.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I usually prefer Courtyards over (many) mainline Mariotts. This Courtyard is a typical Courtyard not unlike most across the country, however including the "Dulles Airport" monicker might lead some to believe this is an airport hotel. Staff us super-friendly and professional, my room was cookie-cutter Courtyard and quite satisfactory.

This is one of those hotels where they try to cut costs by hiring too few and giving them too few hours. For an airport hotel you'd think they'd kinda get that a lot of guests are airline travelers. If you have a late-evening arrival, this won't be the place. Forget about the glass of wine in the Courtyard tv commercial, you'd best get here before 9:30pm if you want that experience, otherwise it's frozen pizza from the fridge, or trail mix (no microwave in the room but there is a fridge). No biggy, it's just a Courtyard. Breakfast? That's different. Regardless of when you got in, you'd best get down there early because they stop serving at 9:30am (especially if you went for the 'breakfast included' rate). What I mistook for a lunch menu isn't available until 5pm. So if you work 8-5 in the Dulles area, you're set. But if you're a traveler, do Hilton Garden Inn, there's two in the Dulles area. This isn't an "airport hotel," it's just a standard Courtyard.

Loboblanca,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel.

I’m pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of our Bistro for both morning and evening service. You are correct, our breakfast does end at 9:30 am during the week but on weekends we serve until 10:00 am. As with many restaurants we use those as “loose” times and typically will serve our guests who arrive after closing time. The same is with The Bistro in the evening. Our typical closing time is 10:00 pm but in situations when we have not had many/any customers our staff has been given the flexibility to close a little earlier than normal. During these times we do offer our 24 hour Market as an alternative food option. It holds everything from frozen pizzas, soups, salads, and chips just to mention a few items.

I do hope that if your travels bring you back to the area you will stay with us again.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your travel needs.

Lohja, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

Bone tired from travelling from Europe, so up for over 24 hrs. - when we arrived, we just checked in, and then went to find dinner. When we got back and went to our room for first time, we found the refrigerator was not working, and the room hot. Not a good thing when you have insulin to refrigerate. I called to desk, but clerk was fairly clueless, so I had to haul my tired body all the way to the lobby to "discuss" the fact that there was no one on duty to help. He offered to moved us to another room.
So back I go, and we had to schlep our suitcases and all to room #2. That one also had hot fridge, and room, but the fridge at least turned on....we just had to wait for it to get cold. Why these things are not left on??? I have no clue. Yes, I "get" the saving electricity thing.
Room was fine, though bed had one of the memory foam things (which I hate); t.v. was in a very odd angle to watch from the bed; but the nice thing was the patio outside our room.
The other negative was that we stayed 2 nights, and instead of 2-3 clean towels, the maids just left the previously used, and gave us a just 1 set of new. They did make the bed - yay.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, November 6, 2014
VikingbyMarriage,

Thank you very much for the review of your stay with our hotel.

I can understand your frustration of having to change rooms when you are tired from travelling. We typically have an additional person on staff to help with situations like yours. I can assure that we have addressed the issue to prevent it from happening again. In regards to the refrigerators, it is not our practice to leave them off and again we have corrected the issue with our staff.

I do hope that you will give us an opportunity to host you and your family again should your travels find you in our area again.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your travel needs.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

i stayed at the above property for the night prior to our departure early the next day from dulles airport.

the location was perfect as it was close to the airport, also a shuttle bus was available early in the morning.
the staff were very friendly and could not do enough to make our stay comfortable. close to the airport but i no trouble sleeping. rooms very clean,
i would strongly recommend this accommodation.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Dianne K,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel.

It is pleasing to know that we were able to meet and/or exceed your expectations during your stay with us. I do hope that you will choose our hotel for any future travel needs that will bring you to our area.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel.

Estes Park, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

Pros:
Clean
Efficient, courteous check-in/checkout
Convenient to Dulles, Smithsonian Air Museum, and Manassas NMP
Plenty of free parking

Cons:
A bit noisy due to aircraft overhead (but not excessively so)
Room small, but okay for one night

Things to note:
No breakfast included, on-site restaurant fare limited and pricey but other restaurants nearby
Yes there IS a hair dryer...mine was in the cabinet with the refrigerator!

Problems encountered:
The previous guest had apparently used, and then replaced on the counter, the shampoo and hand lotion. Housekeeping did not catch this, but the desk promptly replaced the items.

Overall:
An average business class hotel.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, October 24, 2014
RMNP_Mike,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel,

Unfortunately, there were a few issues thsat prevented us from earning an overall higher rating. We have spoken with the housekeeping staff to insure that they pay more close attention to the amenities left in the rooms.

You are correct. Our hotel does not automatically include breakfast for guests however there are several rate programs that do include breakfast.

Again, thank ou very much for choosing our hotel for your travel needs. I do hope tht will stay with us again if your travels bring you to the area.

Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

Having an extremely early flight out of Dulles I decided to stay close to the airport the night before. This location was definitely convenient for that purpose and offered shuttle service.

The staff was exceptionally nice, checked me in efficiently and hospitably, The rooms were spic and span with clean bathrooms and crisp sheets, although more sparsely appointed than most Courtyards I stay in - there wasn't even a love seat/sofa in the room as usual only a single chair opposite the work desk.

I found the hotel to have very thin walls as the TV in the room next door was completely audible. Around midnight I finally resorted to banging on the wall a couple times to get it turned down but to no avail. Deciding the person must have fallen asleep with the TV on, I called the front desk for assistance. They promptly offered to call the room for me. It took about 20 minutes to accomplish that - the phone could be heard quite clearly in my room as it rang. The TV volume was turned down at least enough for me to get to sleep. Interestingly the TV was still on when I awoke at 5am.

The Bistro wasn't open at 5:55am (which I thought odd on a week day) but free coffee was offered in the lobby while waiting for the 6am shuttle to Dulles.

Overall, this is an adequate Courtyard: clean with a commendable staff and prompt shuttle service but I found it to be a bit noisy. A single night stay was acceptable, but I think for a longer visit the lack of room furnishings would be an issue.

Room Tip: My room on the 3rd floor probably saved me overhead noise.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, October 16, 2014
Herbal Gypsy,

Thank you very much for your review of your stay with our hotel. Please accept my apology for the disturbing noise you experienced during your stay with us. We do not normally hear about noise in our rooms but unfortunately that is exactly what you experienced. I am pleased to hear that our front desk staff was able to help get the TV turned down for you.

I am also pleased to hear that nearly everything else went as you expected from room cleanliness to the friendliness of our staff. I do have to address that our Bistro does not open until 6:00 am during the week and 7:00 am on weekends. We do have lobby coffee available for our guests who get moving very early in the morning as well as a fully stocked Market to get you going.

I do hope you will stay with us again should your travels bring to the area again.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly? Share your experiences!