“Worst Courtyard Marriot we have stayed at!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3935 Centerview Drive, Chantilly, VA 20151   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #11 of 14 hotels in Chantilly
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Worst Courtyard Marriot we have stayed at!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We did not have a good experience here. The airport shuttle never came, even though after calling them and was forced to take a cab to the. Our room was dirty (found a bottle of baby powder on the floor and an open bottle of soda in the room) and when we requested an extra blanket (which we had to call a couple times for to even get one), they brought us one that had hair on it. I do not recommend staying here as there are much better hotels nearby!

Stayed May 2014
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
JJonega,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Your feedback is very valuable and very much appreciated.

I do apologize for the problems with our shuttle and for the room not meeting your expectations. I can definitely understand your frustration. I can assure you that I have addressed the issues with our team to insure that they are not repeated in the future.

Again, Thank you for choosing our hotel for your travel needs and I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to be your host again in the future.

106 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Powhatan, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Being a Platinum Rewards member I frequent plenty of Courtyards and found this property to be on the lower end of them all. Came up for a holiday weekend stay. The reception staff were friendly and accommodating, but it goes down from here:
-Room was clean but carpet had stains.
-Our room faced inward to the Courtyard where we were subjected to a group of loud and what appeared to be drunken "guests" who settled there for almost 5 hours.
-Constant dog barking the next morning. And they do not permit dogs?
-Unfriendly cafe staff. While taking our order we were put off twice so they could attend to another manner. Asked another staff member for butter and silverware that should have been on the plate and it was asking for a million dollars. Gave me a nasty look saying nothing.
-The grounds are in need of TLC. Although I will say that around 8:00 am there was a landscaping crew trimming bushes with loud gas engine trimmers. Saved the need for a wake up call!

There is a much nicer, cleaner and updated Courtyard, the Courtyard Dulles Town Center that also serves IAD where you will have a much better experience. Adjacent to a mall and a variety of fine restaurants. Stay there!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Terry B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I also thank you for being a loyal Platinum Marriott Rewards member.

Please accept my apologies for the way we failed to meet your expectations during yor stay with us. I can assure you that what you experienced was not how we normally operate or treat our guests. I have addressed every one of your concerns with our staff and have made sure that they understand the importance of each and every guest interaction. We are also in the process of several landscaping upgrades as well.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you how we truly operate if you are in the area again.

Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Stayed here with my colleague before flying to Arkansas as we had missed our connecting flight The rooms are comfortable and clean with a helpful staff and decent food. They have regular shuttles running from Dulles Airport to the hotel from where you can visit Washington D.C. easily.
It was really relaxing after a long journey from half way across the world.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
PuneGuy,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. It is very important for us to hear feedback of all kinds if we are to continue to improve and meet our guests needs.

I am glad you were able to take advantage of our shuttle which is a huge plus for us as it runs 24 hours a day to the airport. It is also a convenient way to connect to a bus that will take you into Washington DC in a very short period of time.

I do hope that you will stay with us again if you are in the area.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for two days to visit the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum in Dulles. The hotel is very clean, staff is helpful, food is good and not expensive. The presence of an Hertz office was a plus, since we had to drive to DC the following day. The room was quiet and clean. I recommend the place.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Paolo P,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. It is great to hear that yo were able to take advantage of how close we are to the Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum. The Hertz location in the lobby is an added bonus for those who prefer the convenience of picking up and dropping off without having to leave the building.

I hope that you will choose our hotel again if your travel plans bring you back to the area.

Centreville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I have stayed here a few times (most recently because my hot water heater failed at home) and have always been pleased. The hotel has been updated (rooms and all) and it is close to Dulles if you have an early morning flight.

I did use the pool the morning after my stay and it was refreshing and was able to get a nice workout.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Scherzva,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased that we can be a consistent alternative when you need a place to stay.

Please continue to keep us in mind for any of your future hotel needs. We have several upgrades coming in the near future as we are always looking to make improvements in the hotel and how we take care of our guests.

Windsor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed here overnight as we were spending the next day in D.C (catching a train from nearby Vienna station into the city itself), and this was very convenient for us. The price was a bargain considering how lovely the hotel is. The staff were welcoming and made conversation as we checked in. The room was spacious and immaculately clean. The bed was very comfortable with some spare linen in the drawer. There was ample showering space, a separate area outside the bathroom with a sink and mirror, plus a fridge.

As for the noise - I live 10 miles from one of the busiest airports in the world (London Heathrow), and I'm right under the flight path, so I am used to the noise from planes. But, I didn't realise how close we were to Dulles airport until I opened the curtains in the morning and saw a huge plane coming into land right above us! You can hardly hear any plane noise at all - I remember thinking it was just large trucks on a distant road, not a jet coming in to land!

Overall, we will definitely stay here again on any future visits to D.C.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
EmmaRV92,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I'm glad that we were able to be what you and your family needed for the night on your way into Washington DC. We feel that we are indeed a very convenient location for the many sites the Washington DC Metro area offers.

The hotel was indeed built with the idea of keeping airplane noise down to a minimum. We rarely get complaints about airplane noise and being as close we are to the airport that is a big plus.

We would love to host you and your family again on your next visit and will be here whenever you return.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I was responsible for putting together a fly in for 16 people to collaborate on 2 weeks notice. It went off without any major glitches, much in part to the more than competent staff of the hotel. I previewed the room a week in advance of the meeting and Nashe' greeted me with a smile. This was the first contact I had with hotel staff and each subsequent contact was as equally pleasant results.

We had 9 hotel rooms and 1 conference room for 2 days and nights. When I arrived the conference room was not set up correctly so I went to the front desk. The GM of the hotel arrives at work at 6am ( I overheard the front desk saying that on the phone) had the maintenance engineer on it immediately. Both were friendly, apologetic and efficient. Within 5 minutes of bringing it to their attention the room was set up correctly, all done with a smile.

Planning for 16 people on a budget was challenging but the property allowed us to sign a "Food & Beverage Waiver" releasing them from liability so we could bring in our own food and beverages. I planned for every possible need of the group...and in doing so somehow forgot the power cord to the projector. Kinda hard to view a 16 hours of Power Point presentations without one of those. The front desk had one in my hand within 2 minutes "saving my life" and a lot face.

Our meeting ran into the afternoon on a Saturday when they had plenty of available space. They were more than accommodating in giving us all late check outs and renewing our keys.

I will hold any other event I have to plan at this property, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Ask for Linda Kenis the Property Coordinator (703) 709-7100, I promise you will be ecstatic with your visit.

Room Tip: The east wing is where the meeting rooms are so I stayed on that side of the building.