“Dependable stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly

You added Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly
GreenLeadersBronze level
Centreville, Virginia
“Dependable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I have stayed here a few times (most recently because my hot water heater failed at home) and have always been pleased. The hotel has been updated (rooms and all) and it is close to Dulles if you have an early morning flight.

I did use the pool the morning after my stay and it was refreshing and was able to get a nice workout.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Scherzva,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased that we can be a consistent alternative when you need a place to stay.

Please continue to keep us in mind for any of your future hotel needs. We have several upgrades coming in the near future as we are always looking to make improvements in the hotel and how we take care of our guests.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel for your travel needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Windsor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed here overnight as we were spending the next day in D.C (catching a train from nearby Vienna station into the city itself), and this was very convenient for us. The price was a bargain considering how lovely the hotel is. The staff were welcoming and made conversation as we checked in. The room was spacious and immaculately clean. The bed was very comfortable with some spare linen in the drawer. There was ample showering space, a separate area outside the bathroom with a sink and mirror, plus a fridge.

As for the noise - I live 10 miles from one of the busiest airports in the world (London Heathrow), and I'm right under the flight path, so I am used to the noise from planes. But, I didn't realise how close we were to Dulles airport until I opened the curtains in the morning and saw a huge plane coming into land right above us! You can hardly hear any plane noise at all - I remember thinking it was just large trucks on a distant road, not a jet coming in to land!

Overall, we will definitely stay here again on any future visits to D.C.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
EmmaRV92,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I'm glad that we were able to be what you and your family needed for the night on your way into Washington DC. We feel that we are indeed a very convenient location for the many sites the Washington DC Metro area offers.

The hotel was indeed built with the idea of keeping airplane noise down to a minimum. We rarely get complaints about airplane noise and being as close we are to the airport that is a big plus.

We would love to host you and your family again on your next visit and will be here whenever you return.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel for your travel needs.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I was responsible for putting together a fly in for 16 people to collaborate on 2 weeks notice. It went off without any major glitches, much in part to the more than competent staff of the hotel. I previewed the room a week in advance of the meeting and Nashe' greeted me with a smile. This was the first contact I had with hotel staff and each subsequent contact was as equally pleasant results.

We had 9 hotel rooms and 1 conference room for 2 days and nights. When I arrived the conference room was not set up correctly so I went to the front desk. The GM of the hotel arrives at work at 6am ( I overheard the front desk saying that on the phone) had the maintenance engineer on it immediately. Both were friendly, apologetic and efficient. Within 5 minutes of bringing it to their attention the room was set up correctly, all done with a smile.

Planning for 16 people on a budget was challenging but the property allowed us to sign a "Food & Beverage Waiver" releasing them from liability so we could bring in our own food and beverages. I planned for every possible need of the group...and in doing so somehow forgot the power cord to the projector. Kinda hard to view a 16 hours of Power Point presentations without one of those. The front desk had one in my hand within 2 minutes "saving my life" and a lot face.

Our meeting ran into the afternoon on a Saturday when they had plenty of available space. They were more than accommodating in giving us all late check outs and renewing our keys.

I will hold any other event I have to plan at this property, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Ask for Linda Kenis the Property Coordinator (703) 709-7100, I promise you will be ecstatic with your visit.

Room Tip: The east wing is where the meeting rooms are so I stayed on that side of the building.
Green Features: Recycling bin at the front desk where paper, bottles, cans can be placed.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
James T,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. It gives me a great feeling to know that our staff was able to meet your expectations and handle your meeting and requests. Both Linda and Nashe are assets to our team and we truly appreciate what they bring to our team.

We would love to host you and your company again if the need arises.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I must say that this nice, clean & comfy hotel is one of the best at this area. I received excellent customer service fro the front desk. Ms. Salm, is a genuine professional lady with a ready smile & positive energy. They recognise the platinum Marriott members & they go out & beyong their ways to make them feel at home. Mr. Charles, was professional enough to chech me in early morning in 3 minutes. I would only suggest that they have more channels at the rooms such as, Travel, food & bravo. They have it at the lobby though. I will recommend it to whoever would be at this area & I would like to thank them all for a fine service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Zalfa A,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. It is a great feeling to know that our staff was able to take such good care of you while you were here with us. Both Salm and Charles are assets to the hotel and we are very fortunate to have them working with us.

I do apologize for the inconvenience of the TV channels in your room. I can assure you that we will have it corrected in the very near future.

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your travel needs.
Lake Peekskill, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

My sister and I stayed here for a few days during Christmas week. The price was incredibly low for what we got. We found our room to be clean, spacious, and well appointed. The woman who checked us in went out of her way to get us a first floor room, and the one she gave us was perfect, as it was right next to the pristine pool and hot tub. There were plenty of computers and printers available for use by guests, which turned out to be more helpful than we thought it would be! The location was perfect. I would definitely stay here the next time we're in the DC area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Teachernthehood,

Thank you very much for your feedback about your stay at our hotel. I'm glad we were able to help you and your sister enjoy the Holiday together. It seems that we were able to meet all of your needs in regards to computer access or the use of our pool and hot tub.

I do hope that you will continue to choose our hotel for your future travel needs to the area.

Thank you again for allowing us to host you and your family during the Holidays.
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

This Courtyard was a bit disappointing. When I entered my room one of the first things I found was an Advil tablet on the floor. Then I went into the bathroom area and noticed that the counter top near the sink had dried toothpaste. I took a Clorox wipe to clean the counter and then did the same to the other counter that held the coffee maker. This was also dirty with some type of dried food. So far, not a positive experience.
Since it had already been a long day, I wanted to take a nap before heading out for the evening. When I pulled the covers back on the bed I found a stained sheet that was torn and had long black hairs in several areas. Definitely not good.
I phoned the front desk and while the woman that answered apologized it lacked sincerity. She did change my room and had a gentleman bring me new keys within minutes.
The new room was much better and very clean.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the west side of the building. These room face a busy street.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth R,

Thank you very much for your honest feedback regarding your stay wth us. I was very disappointed to hear how we failed to meet your expectations during your stay with us. Any one of the items you mention are individually unacceptable but to have all of them happen is disturbing and beneath our standards.

I can assure you that what you experienced is far from the way we ordnarily do business. Unfortunately, I was not made aware of your situation and would have certainly done everything I could to make it right. I would still like to make the situation right by you and your family so if you would send me an email at cy.iadca.gm@marriott.com I will make sure to remedy the situation and hopefully restore your faith in our hotel.

Thank you very much and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.
East Brunswick, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Very convenient location to airport and restaurants/shopping. Nice, clean lobby and room. Very nice staff. I expected to have more plane noise, but the hotel was very quiet. In addition, during my stay, the hotel was very full but I didn't hear the noise from other guests. Overall a pleasant stay for my one night. I would stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
NJ4Beatles,

Thank you very much for your positive review of our hotel. Courtyard is a hotel for both business and leisure travelers and clean rooms, a very nice staff and a good lobby experience is a minimum expectation for our guests. We work very hard to maintain these standards.

We do hope that your travels will bring you back to our hotel in the near future. We would love to be your host again.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly? Share your experiences!