“Very Nice Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lake Peekskill, NY
“Very Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

My sister and I stayed here for a few days during Christmas week. The price was incredibly low for what we got. We found our room to be clean, spacious, and well appointed. The woman who checked us in went out of her way to get us a first floor room, and the one she gave us was perfect, as it was right next to the pristine pool and hot tub. There were plenty of computers and printers available for use by guests, which turned out to be more helpful than we thought it would be! The location was perfect. I would definitely stay here the next time we're in the DC area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Teachernthehood,

Thank you very much for your feedback about your stay at our hotel. I'm glad we were able to help you and your sister enjoy the Holiday together. It seems that we were able to meet all of your needs in regards to computer access or the use of our pool and hot tub.

I do hope that you will continue to choose our hotel for your future travel needs to the area.

Thank you again for allowing us to host you and your family during the Holidays.

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

This Courtyard was a bit disappointing. When I entered my room one of the first things I found was an Advil tablet on the floor. Then I went into the bathroom area and noticed that the counter top near the sink had dried toothpaste. I took a Clorox wipe to clean the counter and then did the same to the other counter that held the coffee maker. This was also dirty with some type of dried food. So far, not a positive experience.
Since it had already been a long day, I wanted to take a nap before heading out for the evening. When I pulled the covers back on the bed I found a stained sheet that was torn and had long black hairs in several areas. Definitely not good.
I phoned the front desk and while the woman that answered apologized it lacked sincerity. She did change my room and had a gentleman bring me new keys within minutes.
The new room was much better and very clean.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the west side of the building. These room face a busy street.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth R,

Thank you very much for your honest feedback regarding your stay wth us. I was very disappointed to hear how we failed to meet your expectations during your stay with us. Any one of the items you mention are individually unacceptable but to have all of them happen is disturbing and beneath our standards.

I can assure you that what you experienced is far from the way we ordnarily do business. Unfortunately, I was not made aware of your situation and would have certainly done everything I could to make it right. I would still like to make the situation right by you and your family so if you would send me an email at cy.iadca.gm@marriott.com I will make sure to remedy the situation and hopefully restore your faith in our hotel.

Thank you very much and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.
East Brunswick, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Very convenient location to airport and restaurants/shopping. Nice, clean lobby and room. Very nice staff. I expected to have more plane noise, but the hotel was very quiet. In addition, during my stay, the hotel was very full but I didn't hear the noise from other guests. Overall a pleasant stay for my one night. I would stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
NJ4Beatles,

Thank you very much for your positive review of our hotel. Courtyard is a hotel for both business and leisure travelers and clean rooms, a very nice staff and a good lobby experience is a minimum expectation for our guests. We work very hard to maintain these standards.

We do hope that your travels will bring you back to our hotel in the near future. We would love to be your host again.
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

While this is *not* the finest Marriott Courtyard I've ever experienced, their customer service more than made up for any small inconveniences.

PROS:
Super close to IAD and nearby shopping, dining, entertainment.
Really great location
Complimentary shuttle to the airport and nearby locations
Outstanding customer service; from the shuttle driver to the team that makes breakfast, they were all extremely accommodating and very friendly
Small, well stocked convenience store on site (had Stella Artois available...that always makes things good after a long day!)
Good, cooked to order breakfast
Comfy bed
Feather pillows (always a plus)
Nice, renovated lobby very convenient for travelers with updated flight information easily accessible on a flat screen
Free wifi (always a nice perk)
Nice courtyard

CONS:
Not dirty, but showing its age in the rooms. Mine had heavily stained carpet but was clean
Dated interiors in rooms
Not enough outlets (clearly, these rooms need to be renovated)

I'd stay again based upon location and staff. But they really need to improve/renovate this place.

Room Tip: I didn't hear anything between walls or flights coming in and out of Dulles. My room was third f...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
TravelMommy1,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. Your comments are very detailed and will definitely help us continue to improve the quality of our hotel.

We have made the improvement of our customer service our #1 priority and it appears that we got it right in regards to your most recent stay with us. The "Pros" you listed for our hotel are exactly what makes Courtyard a unique brand. It's all the things you listed paired with customer service that meets and even exceeds expectations.

It is disappointing to here that our hotel is showing it's age or "it's not the finest Marriott" you've stayed at but we are working daily to correct the deficiencies you've mentioned. We've addressed the carpet stain issue with our housekeeping staff and further increased our management presence to be extra sets of eyes in the rooms and throughout the property.

I do hope that you will come back and stay with us if you are in the area again. I would love for you to see the progress we're making in actually getting this to be the best Courtyard you've ever stayed at in all areas.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel for your travel needs.
South Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I enjoy the the Courtyard brand and this hotel provided a nice stay before an early flight out of Dulles. Shuttle service to/from the airport is provided by the hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. This hotel could be a remodel as the hallways were dark and dingy and not the usual lay out of a Courtyard but the rooms were large and had the typical decor. We enjoyed some decent appetizers from the Bistro. A good choice for a stopover before a flight our of Dulles.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Rhonda A,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I was pleased to hear that we were able to host you and your family while you paused before continuing your journey.

We are continuing to make improvements throughout the hotel in all of the areas including the hallway lighting that you mentioned as "dim". I hope that you will come and stay with us again if/when your travels bring you to the area. Also, our Bistro menu changes regularly so I'm sure we'll have a new set of options for you and your family when you return.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel for your travel needs!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

The walls must be literally a sheet of drywall and nothing else. I heard every word of every conversation on either side of me till mercifully they went to bed. I stay in a lot of hotels for work, and this is way above the usual noise level.

I thought a Courtyard would be nicer than the various extended stay hotels around here. It isn't.

The "Bistro" has only pizza as a vegetarian option, not even the ubiqitous tomato and mozzarella sandwich.

I usually stay at the Hampton Inn but thought I'd try something different. I'm back there after one night at this place.

Staff is nice enough.

• Stayed October 2013
Etavano,

I am very disappointed to hear that your stay with us was not up to standard. I'm not sure if you made the front desk aware of the noise issue you experienced but I'm sure we would have gladly moved you to another room. I was surprised to receive your complaint yesterday as this rarely/never has been an issue here.

Our Bistro has several vegetarian options such as a mezze plate, a kale salad, and hummus. Additionally, we have a veggie gurger and a salad with quinoa which if we left out the chicken would be yet another vegetarian option. I'm sure our Bistro Server misunderstood your dietary restrictions/choices since he clearly was not able to meet your needs.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you how we truly do operate. We've made many improvements over the past year and I'm sure if you were to come back you would see that your last night with us was a very rare situation. You can reach me at cy.iadca.gm@marriott.com if you would like to discuss the issue further or if you would like me to book another reservation for you. Either way you have my contact information.

Thank you again, and I look forward to hearing from you regarding a future stay.
Greenville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

There is any kind of restaurant you could possibly want within about a 5 mile radius. The hotel offers a shuttle but I did not use it so I never asked the specifics of using it. It is very near Dulles so I was worried about noise from planes but only heard a couple. We were on the 1st floor. There is plenty of free parking. The rooms were clean and typical of Courtyard properties.

• Stayed October 2013
SCBlossom,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We are very pleased that you and your family were able to take advantage of the many benefits of our hotel during your stay with us.

We hope that you will come and stay with us if you are in the area again.

Thank you for choosing our hotel!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly? Share your experiences!