“Nice Courtyard - great staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly

You added Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly
Free Parking & Wi-Fi
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
GreenLeadersBronze level
South Portland, Maine
“Nice Courtyard - great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I enjoy the the Courtyard brand and this hotel provided a nice stay before an early flight out of Dulles. Shuttle service to/from the airport is provided by the hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. This hotel could be a remodel as the hallways were dark and dingy and not the usual lay out of a Courtyard but the rooms were large and had the typical decor. We enjoyed some decent appetizers from the Bistro. A good choice for a stopover before a flight our of Dulles.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Rhonda A,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I was pleased to hear that we were able to host you and your family while you paused before continuing your journey.

We are continuing to make improvements throughout the hotel in all of the areas including the hallway lighting that you mentioned as "dim". I hope that you will come and stay with us again if/when your travels bring you to the area. Also, our Bistro menu changes regularly so I'm sure we'll have a new set of options for you and your family when you return.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel for your travel needs!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

The walls must be literally a sheet of drywall and nothing else. I heard every word of every conversation on either side of me till mercifully they went to bed. I stay in a lot of hotels for work, and this is way above the usual noise level.

I thought a Courtyard would be nicer than the various extended stay hotels around here. It isn't.

The "Bistro" has only pizza as a vegetarian option, not even the ubiqitous tomato and mozzarella sandwich.

I usually stay at the Hampton Inn but thought I'd try something different. I'm back there after one night at this place.

Staff is nice enough.

• Stayed October 2013
Etavano,

I am very disappointed to hear that your stay with us was not up to standard. I'm not sure if you made the front desk aware of the noise issue you experienced but I'm sure we would have gladly moved you to another room. I was surprised to receive your complaint yesterday as this rarely/never has been an issue here.

Our Bistro has several vegetarian options such as a mezze plate, a kale salad, and hummus. Additionally, we have a veggie gurger and a salad with quinoa which if we left out the chicken would be yet another vegetarian option. I'm sure our Bistro Server misunderstood your dietary restrictions/choices since he clearly was not able to meet your needs.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you how we truly do operate. We've made many improvements over the past year and I'm sure if you were to come back you would see that your last night with us was a very rare situation. You can reach me at cy.iadca.gm@marriott.com if you would like to discuss the issue further or if you would like me to book another reservation for you. Either way you have my contact information.

Thank you again, and I look forward to hearing from you regarding a future stay.
Greenville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

There is any kind of restaurant you could possibly want within about a 5 mile radius. The hotel offers a shuttle but I did not use it so I never asked the specifics of using it. It is very near Dulles so I was worried about noise from planes but only heard a couple. We were on the 1st floor. There is plenty of free parking. The rooms were clean and typical of Courtyard properties.

• Stayed October 2013
SCBlossom,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We are very pleased that you and your family were able to take advantage of the many benefits of our hotel during your stay with us.

We hope that you will come and stay with us if you are in the area again.

Thank you for choosing our hotel!
Mexico, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Beautiful, clean hallways and lobby, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was very nicely decorated and clean. Great place!

We enjoyed the informal onsite Bistro, also. It was a little pricy, but the food was good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Hi Cindy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review of your stay with our hotel. We work very hard to achieve the results you've mentioned briefly so it's a great feeling to know that we were able to meet and hopefully we exceeded your expectations.

Our Bistro is a great feature of the hotel as it separates us from our competition. The 24 hour Starbucks specialty drinks we provide along with hot, healthy food served in a relaxing environment is an excellent way to unwind at the end of your day. We are glad that you were able to take advantage of it.

Thank you for staying and we hope to have you stay with us again in the near future.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I came here by bicycle after riding the Great Allegheny Passage and C&O Canal N.P. from Pittsburgh to Washington, DC. I wanted to see the (new) Air & Space Museum at Dulles before I headed home. The genuinely friendly and very helpful staff (especially Vanessa!) made my stay very enjoyable. The free shuttle to/from the museum (on the hour and half hour) was a welcome surprise, as the museum is not easy to get to by bicycle as it is approached from a freeway where bicycles are illegal. Vanessa served me a Starbuck's coffee to take on the shuttle van, and the driver gave me a bottled water to drink as well. The room was excellent. But being a starving bicycle tourist who was always hungry, the (made to order! not a buffet!) breakfast was an especially nice touch. I had fruit, yoghurt, eggs, sausage, hash browns, toast, coffee and OJ. I booked on Orbitz and paid a modest $5 extra to get breakfast included. It turned out to be a real breakfast and not the cold cereal and DIY waffles other motels offer. Also the staff (Vanessa again) welcomed my by name, and served my eggs personally. The van drivers who took me to and from the museum were also very personable. I only had to call the hotel when I was done and they sent the van to pick me up.

Room Tip: If you book online, pay the extra $5 to include breakfast. It is worth it, as separately it would co...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Merrill,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I see that you have been very busy riding your bike all over the East Coast which makes your review even more significant.

We are very fortunate to have a shuttle that goes to and from many of the sites in the immediate area including going to Dulles Airport. I'm glad that we were able to accommodate your trip to the Udvar-Hazy Air & Space Museum as it is one of the premier tourist locations in the area.

Vanessa is one of the newest members of our team and has received several positive comments regarding her customer service skills. The Bistro is one of the features that sets Courtyard by Marriott apart from our competition and it appears that it was just what you were looking for on this trip. We also feel that having a full service Starbucks in addition to The Bistro is an added benefit.

I'm not sure if you have another bicycle trip scheduled to the area but if you do, we are here and would love to have you stay with us again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Love the renovations to this Marriott Courtyard! The shuttle service from Dulles Airport was very easy and the van was easy to pick out as it was bright green. Others at the hotel shuttle area were becoming frustrated with how long they had waited for other hotel chains. I called the hotel when I landed and the shuttle was waiting for me outside. Very nice guest rooms as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
LoveCayman,

Thank you very much for your feedback about our hotel. I am pleased to hear that we were able to pick you up quickly and could help you avoid a long tedious wait. We feel that our 24 hour shuttle is one of the many strengths of our hotel.

We have also been renovated with the latest renovation package that Courtyard has to offer and while it was done a few years ago we work very hard to maintan the like new appearance.

Thank you again.
Venetia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We got reservations at promotional AAA rate under $60 a night. The hotel is not fancy, but at that rate it was a great value. The staff was exceptionally nice. The room was a reasonable size and the bathroom was clean with a separate room for the sink which is nice when you have two people in the room. The location was perfect for our trip to the Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Parker M,

Thank you very much for your positive review of our hotel. I am pleased that you found our hotel to be such a great value. We've made every effort to continue to improve upon our service standards and to maintain the high standards of cleanliness our guests have come to expect when staying with our hotel.

We are indeed very close to the Udvar-Hazy Air & Space Museum and would love to be your host should you find yourself in the area again.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly? Share your experiences!