“Great staff, free shuttle to Air & Space Museum” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3935 Centerview Drive, Chantilly, VA 20151   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #10 of 14 hotels in Chantilly
GreenLeadersBronze level
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great staff, free shuttle to Air & Space Museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I came here by bicycle after riding the Great Allegheny Passage and C&O Canal N.P. from Pittsburgh to Washington, DC. I wanted to see the (new) Air & Space Museum at Dulles before I headed home. The genuinely friendly and very helpful staff (especially Vanessa!) made my stay very enjoyable. The free shuttle to/from the museum (on the hour and half hour) was a welcome surprise, as the museum is not easy to get to by bicycle as it is approached from a freeway where bicycles are illegal. Vanessa served me a Starbuck's coffee to take on the shuttle van, and the driver gave me a bottled water to drink as well. The room was excellent. But being a starving bicycle tourist who was always hungry, the (made to order! not a buffet!) breakfast was an especially nice touch. I had fruit, yoghurt, eggs, sausage, hash browns, toast, coffee and OJ. I booked on Orbitz and paid a modest $5 extra to get breakfast included. It turned out to be a real breakfast and not the cold cereal and DIY waffles other motels offer. Also the staff (Vanessa again) welcomed my by name, and served my eggs personally. The van drivers who took me to and from the museum were also very personable. I only had to call the hotel when I was done and they sent the van to pick me up.

Room Tip: If you book online, pay the extra $5 to include breakfast. It is worth it, as separately it would co...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Merrill,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I see that you have been very busy riding your bike all over the East Coast which makes your review even more significant.

We are very fortunate to have a shuttle that goes to and from many of the sites in the immediate area including going to Dulles Airport. I'm glad that we were able to accommodate your trip to the Udvar-Hazy Air & Space Museum as it is one of the premier tourist locations in the area.

Vanessa is one of the newest members of our team and has received several positive comments regarding her customer service skills. The Bistro is one of the features that sets Courtyard by Marriott apart from our competition and it appears that it was just what you were looking for on this trip. We also feel that having a full service Starbucks in addition to The Bistro is an added benefit.

I'm not sure if you have another bicycle trip scheduled to the area but if you do, we are here and would love to have you stay with us again.

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Love the renovations to this Marriott Courtyard! The shuttle service from Dulles Airport was very easy and the van was easy to pick out as it was bright green. Others at the hotel shuttle area were becoming frustrated with how long they had waited for other hotel chains. I called the hotel when I landed and the shuttle was waiting for me outside. Very nice guest rooms as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
LoveCayman,

Thank you very much for your feedback about our hotel. I am pleased to hear that we were able to pick you up quickly and could help you avoid a long tedious wait. We feel that our 24 hour shuttle is one of the many strengths of our hotel.

We have also been renovated with the latest renovation package that Courtyard has to offer and while it was done a few years ago we work very hard to maintan the like new appearance.

Thank you again.
Venetia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We got reservations at promotional AAA rate under $60 a night. The hotel is not fancy, but at that rate it was a great value. The staff was exceptionally nice. The room was a reasonable size and the bathroom was clean with a separate room for the sink which is nice when you have two people in the room. The location was perfect for our trip to the Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Parker M,

Thank you very much for your positive review of our hotel. I am pleased that you found our hotel to be such a great value. We've made every effort to continue to improve upon our service standards and to maintain the high standards of cleanliness our guests have come to expect when staying with our hotel.

We are indeed very close to the Udvar-Hazy Air & Space Museum and would love to be your host should you find yourself in the area again.

Stillwater, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed here for vacation in the DC area. Only 10 min from Dulles Airport and 15-20 min to the Vienna Metro Station for sight seeing trips into DC. The staff were super friendly and helpful. The hotel is older, but well maintained and updated. Easy access location and we felt very safe in this area. If you decide to drive into DC, wait until 8:30AM when the traffic clears. The Fair Oaks Mall is close by and decent restaurants if you just look around little bit. Probably more of a business traveler hotel, but would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Chrissy P,

Thank you very much for your feedback about our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you and your family chose us for something a special as vacation. We take great pride in being able to meet our guests expectations and it appears we were able to do that.

We do feel that we are in a great location for many different types of travelers and can meet the varying needs of even the most demanding customers.

I do hope that you will consider being our guest again if your travel plans bring you to the area.

Thank you again!
Al Hofuf, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The room was nice, very quiet and very clean. What really made my stay outstanding, though, is how kind, helpful, and friendly the staff are. After missing a connecting flight on an overseas trip, I arrived at Dulles Airport at 1:30 am tired, stressed from the unexpected 2-day delay getting on a replacement overseas flight to my destination, without any place to stay, and without my luggage. But things began looking up the moment I arrived at the Courtyard Marriott. The staff there were so wonderfully helpful and pleasant that I was able to make the most of my unexpected two days in DC, and ended up really enjoying my stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Tora,

Thank you very much for your response regarding your stay with our hotel. It is a pleasure to hear that we were able to make your unexpected stay a very pleasant one. We work very hard to make sure that we can take care of guests like you, who are in need of a clean, friendly place to stay.

It would be our pleasure to host you should you ever find yourself in the area again.

Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night before a flight - the location or the airport is good, and there is parking etc right outside. The rooms are a little dated - they've been decorated but with a lot of the original "look" and fittings left in place. We wanted to have breakfast but they do not cater for children, and do not have high chairs or booster seats. We had to walk out to find a local breakfast option which catered for families.

Overall an average Courtyard - but not having things like high chairs is unacceptable.

• Stayed August 2013
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Hi Andrew,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I do sincerely apologize for not being able to accommodate your family during your brief visit with us. While it is of no help to you at this point, we have purchased a high chair for families with small children to be able to use. It was an unacceptbale oversight and again, I apologize.

I do hope that you will choose us again if you are in the area.

Colonie, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I'll start out by saying that we booked this hotel due to its proximity to an attraction we planned on seeing and that we didn't expect too much from the hotel due to its $95 per night cost. We initially placed a reservation for another Marriott franchise, but decided to give this one a shot.

I cannot believe how nice this hotel is. We checked in and looked around upon arriving and couldn't believe our eyes. There's a bar, a restaurant, a nice sitting area, and a beautiful backyard-style firepit area. The rooms were very nice as well. (We could have used a bigger refrigerator than the small one in there, but that's a small issue.) The pool is on the small side, but it's enough to cool off and relax after a long day.

Saddique, the young gentleman at the front desk, was very helpful in each of the few dealings I had with him during our stay. He certainly went out of his way to be sure we had everything we needed during our stay, and we sincerely appreciate it.

We travel to this area quite frequently and will certainly stay here again. Thank you.

Room Tip: I always go for the highest floor. We stayed on the 4th floor and it was quiet and very nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Bill,

Thank you very much for your response regarding your stay with us. I am very happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations based on the price you paid!

We take great pride in our courtyard and are glad that you were able to take advantage and unwind. Our pool area is also a great feature and while it is not as large as some it does provide a enough room to get in a few short laps and splash around a bit.

Our rooms are all equipped with refrigerators that are a plus for guests such as you who would like to make use and keep personal items cold and or frozen.

I'm happy to hear that you come to our area often as we will be here for you and your family and will make sure we provide you with the same or even better service that you received this time around. I will hopefully get a chance to meet you on one of your return trips! Just ask for David.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly? Share your experiences!