“Excellent stay, excellent service, beautiful hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3935 Centerview Drive, Chantilly, VA 20151   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #10 of 14 hotels in Chantilly
GreenLeadersBronze level
Colonie, New York
“Excellent stay, excellent service, beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I'll start out by saying that we booked this hotel due to its proximity to an attraction we planned on seeing and that we didn't expect too much from the hotel due to its $95 per night cost. We initially placed a reservation for another Marriott franchise, but decided to give this one a shot.

I cannot believe how nice this hotel is. We checked in and looked around upon arriving and couldn't believe our eyes. There's a bar, a restaurant, a nice sitting area, and a beautiful backyard-style firepit area. The rooms were very nice as well. (We could have used a bigger refrigerator than the small one in there, but that's a small issue.) The pool is on the small side, but it's enough to cool off and relax after a long day.

Saddique, the young gentleman at the front desk, was very helpful in each of the few dealings I had with him during our stay. He certainly went out of his way to be sure we had everything we needed during our stay, and we sincerely appreciate it.

We travel to this area quite frequently and will certainly stay here again. Thank you.

Room Tip: I always go for the highest floor. We stayed on the 4th floor and it was quiet and very nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Bill,

Thank you very much for your response regarding your stay with us. I am very happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations based on the price you paid!

We take great pride in our courtyard and are glad that you were able to take advantage and unwind. Our pool area is also a great feature and while it is not as large as some it does provide a enough room to get in a few short laps and splash around a bit.

Our rooms are all equipped with refrigerators that are a plus for guests such as you who would like to make use and keep personal items cold and or frozen.

I'm happy to hear that you come to our area often as we will be here for you and your family and will make sure we provide you with the same or even better service that you received this time around. I will hopefully get a chance to meet you on one of your return trips! Just ask for David.

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Endicott, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My flight got cancelled and the airline booked me in this hotel for a very reasonable rate. Free shuttle back and forth from the airport. Very large room, free wifi, coffee maker, iron and ironing board, refrigerator, hair dryer....this hotel is loaded with amenities. Lovely little store and café. Very friendly staff. Would definitely go again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Miwillia71,

Thank you very much for your feeback regarding your brief stay with us. We make every attempt to provide a little bit of whatever you may need when travelling. Judging by your response we were able to provide with what you needed to enjoy your stay. We have been working very hard to improve upon our delivery of friendly, efficient service andit appears that we met your expectation while you were here.

While you did not intend to stay with us, we would love to host you again if your travels bring you back to the area.

Thank you very much for staying!
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The room was so spacious it was shocking coming from Europe. It is clean, quiet, modern, everything you want in a hotel.
The service is great, they have a airport shuttle coming regularly and it is complementary.
They have a little store where to buy sandwiches, a beer and any snack you might be craving after hours.
You can print your boarding pass in the lobby which is very convenient.
Too bad the swimming pool is covered otherwise that would have been perfect.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Nadegesl,

Thank you very much for your favorable response regarding your stay at our hotel recently. It seems we met each one of your needs during your stay with us. It's a great feeling to be thought of as "everything you want in a hotel." Courtyard hotels have been designed with guests like you in mind which is why we have the amenities that a variety of travelers like you need. We've also been working very hard to improve in as many areas as possible over the past few months and your comments are a sign that we are making steady progress.

I'm not sure how often you travel to the area but if you do come back we would love to have you stay with us again. Our goal is to make your next stay even better!

Thank you again.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Flight crew based in Dulles but my home is in another state. When I have just one or two days off and cannot commute home, I generally stay here. I like the fact thre is balconies in the rooms so I can go sit outside to read, smoke, or just to get fresh air. I also tend to sleep with the sliding door open and can hear night sounds, crickets, and be awoke by birds chirping, plus the fact I like to open windows anyway as I cannot sleep in a greenhouse and many other hotels you cannot open windows. The hotel is within walking distance of many stores and restaurants, including Taco Bell, IHOP, Kmart, CVS, a great Thai restaurant in a shopping center nearby.
I never buy food in the bistro. Fridges in rooms but no microwaves in rooms, and micro in lobby is very difficult to use. I have no problem with wifi in hotel, however, the computers in lobby with printers are equipped with a very strong Net Nanny which even blocks AIRLINE SCHEDULES on airline employee websites INCLUDING SABRE (really?!?), so not sure what your print needs will be but print anything you need before you get here.
Otherwise I stay here most of the time when needed, as they have reliable shuttle service to and from aiport

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Tashalynn29,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel! It's a great feeling to know that someone like you who travels as often as you do has found our hotel to be a peaceful stop. I also think our courtyard provides a bit of serenity to anyone who has the time to sit and enjoy it.

I'm sorry you've not found our printing solutions to be as user friendly as you would like. We are always willing to help and provide you with additional print options if you should ever need further assistance.

Thank you again for staying with us and choosing our hotel for your travel needs. Perhaps you could stop by to say hi on one of your return trips.
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed one night at this marriott and it was wonderfull. Its just a short drive to DC and the rate is great for all you get. Our children loved the layout of the room and i loved the cozy beds. We even had a balcony so i didnt have to troop out of the hotel to smoke. the cafe is reasonably priced and has a starbucks. BONUS the only complaint I had was it didnt taste like my normal starbucks drink but it was still good. Hoping to stay there on our next trip to dc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Lauerbug,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback about your stay with our hotel. It's great to hear that we were able to help make your trip a great experience.

I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our Bistro and Starbucks coffee. I would like to hear more about the difference in the taste of our Starbucks. CY.IADCA.GM@MARRIOTT.COM is my email address if you would like to offer more detail.

Thank you very much for having chosen our hotel for your travel needs. We would love to host you and your family on your next trip to the area!

New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I frequently stay at this Coutyard, but thinking of choosing another. This week both rooms had no cable tv service for the 3 major networks. I gave up, since I had a late check-in. I had the same problem when I staye here last month. All 3 rooms were on the west wing of the hotel. Management of hotel does not seem to care.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Good Morning TCC55,

I am very sorry we were unable to remedy the cable problem with both your rooms during your most recent stay. It's unacceptable to have that happen. I will gladly make the situation right by you if you could send me your name and Marriott Rewards information to cy.iadca.gm@marriott.com. We take complaints like these very seriously and I want to make sure the situation is fixed immediately.

I do care and am very glad that you have chosen to stay with our hotel during your visits to the area. I am positive that despite your experiences these are quick fix problems.

Again, thank you very much for your feedback and for giving us the opportunity to make it right. We hope to see you again in the near future. I'm sure you'll see an improvement.
Hampton Roads, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Location was a little challenging to find due to poor road signs. Once we learned our way around it was easy to locate off of 50.

We stayed from 4/12-4/14/13. Check in was smooth. Staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is very nice and clean. Our room was clean and spacious for our needs. Our room faced the courtyard. Our sliding doors actually opened up to a small balcony for us to enjoy a nightly breeze. My daughter had a state tournament in the area and the hotel did a wonderful job setting up breakfast for Saturday morning in a conference room. The Bistro in the lobby is priced too high for the foods offered. I purchased a ginger ale from the lobby and it was >$2.00 for a 16 oz. We had a refrigerator in our room and later stocked up on drinks/snacks that we purchased at the surrounding stores. The pool is located inside and small. The night Manager was wonderful on Saturday (4/13) and went above and beyond to meet our needs. Overall had a nice stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Good Afternoon Kirijiamia,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for you and your family's travel needs. I am very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. A clean, spacious room is a minimum expectation for hotel guests and I'm glad we met your expectations in that regard.

I do feel that our hotel is a great fit for families like your who have tournaments on weekends or who just want to get away. I also feel that our courtyard view is a plus for our hotel as it gives a peaceful environment for many of our guests to relax and unwind from the days activities. Our pool is also a plus for families as it gives children and adults alike a chance to have some fun.

I hope that if you are in the area, or if your daughter's tournament repeats next year you will choose to stay again with us again.

Thank you for your feedback and your comments. We work to insure that each guest has a great experience and feedback like yours helps us do just that.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly? Share your experiences!