You added Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The room was so spacious it was shocking coming from Europe. It is clean, quiet, modern, everything you want in a hotel.
The service is great, they have a airport shuttle coming regularly and it is complementary.
They have a little store where to buy sandwiches, a beer and any snack you might be craving after hours.
You can print your boarding pass in the lobby which is very convenient.
Too bad the swimming pool is covered otherwise that would have been perfect.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Nadegesl,

Thank you very much for your favorable response regarding your stay at our hotel recently. It seems we met each one of your needs during your stay with us. It's a great feeling to be thought of as "everything you want in a hotel." Courtyard hotels have been designed with guests like you in mind which is why we have the amenities that a variety of travelers like you need. We've also been working very hard to improve in as many areas as possible over the past few months and your comments are a sign that we are making steady progress.

I'm not sure how often you travel to the area but if you do come back we would love to have you stay with us again. Our goal is to make your next stay even better!

Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Flight crew based in Dulles but my home is in another state. When I have just one or two days off and cannot commute home, I generally stay here. I like the fact thre is balconies in the rooms so I can go sit outside to read, smoke, or just to get fresh air. I also tend to sleep with the sliding door open and can hear night sounds, crickets, and be awoke by birds chirping, plus the fact I like to open windows anyway as I cannot sleep in a greenhouse and many other hotels you cannot open windows. The hotel is within walking distance of many stores and restaurants, including Taco Bell, IHOP, Kmart, CVS, a great Thai restaurant in a shopping center nearby.
I never buy food in the bistro. Fridges in rooms but no microwaves in rooms, and micro in lobby is very difficult to use. I have no problem with wifi in hotel, however, the computers in lobby with printers are equipped with a very strong Net Nanny which even blocks AIRLINE SCHEDULES on airline employee websites INCLUDING SABRE (really?!?), so not sure what your print needs will be but print anything you need before you get here.
Otherwise I stay here most of the time when needed, as they have reliable shuttle service to and from aiport

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Tashalynn29,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel! It's a great feeling to know that someone like you who travels as often as you do has found our hotel to be a peaceful stop. I also think our courtyard provides a bit of serenity to anyone who has the time to sit and enjoy it.

I'm sorry you've not found our printing solutions to be as user friendly as you would like. We are always willing to help and provide you with additional print options if you should ever need further assistance.

Thank you again for staying with us and choosing our hotel for your travel needs. Perhaps you could stop by to say hi on one of your return trips.
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed one night at this marriott and it was wonderfull. Its just a short drive to DC and the rate is great for all you get. Our children loved the layout of the room and i loved the cozy beds. We even had a balcony so i didnt have to troop out of the hotel to smoke. the cafe is reasonably priced and has a starbucks. BONUS the only complaint I had was it didnt taste like my normal starbucks drink but it was still good. Hoping to stay there on our next trip to dc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Lauerbug,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback about your stay with our hotel. It's great to hear that we were able to help make your trip a great experience.

I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our Bistro and Starbucks coffee. I would like to hear more about the difference in the taste of our Starbucks. CY.IADCA.GM@MARRIOTT.COM is my email address if you would like to offer more detail.

Thank you very much for having chosen our hotel for your travel needs. We would love to host you and your family on your next trip to the area!

New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I frequently stay at this Coutyard, but thinking of choosing another. This week both rooms had no cable tv service for the 3 major networks. I gave up, since I had a late check-in. I had the same problem when I staye here last month. All 3 rooms were on the west wing of the hotel. Management of hotel does not seem to care.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Good Morning TCC55,

I am very sorry we were unable to remedy the cable problem with both your rooms during your most recent stay. It's unacceptable to have that happen. I will gladly make the situation right by you if you could send me your name and Marriott Rewards information to cy.iadca.gm@marriott.com. We take complaints like these very seriously and I want to make sure the situation is fixed immediately.

I do care and am very glad that you have chosen to stay with our hotel during your visits to the area. I am positive that despite your experiences these are quick fix problems.

Again, thank you very much for your feedback and for giving us the opportunity to make it right. We hope to see you again in the near future. I'm sure you'll see an improvement.
Hampton Roads, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Location was a little challenging to find due to poor road signs. Once we learned our way around it was easy to locate off of 50.

We stayed from 4/12-4/14/13. Check in was smooth. Staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is very nice and clean. Our room was clean and spacious for our needs. Our room faced the courtyard. Our sliding doors actually opened up to a small balcony for us to enjoy a nightly breeze. My daughter had a state tournament in the area and the hotel did a wonderful job setting up breakfast for Saturday morning in a conference room. The Bistro in the lobby is priced too high for the foods offered. I purchased a ginger ale from the lobby and it was >$2.00 for a 16 oz. We had a refrigerator in our room and later stocked up on drinks/snacks that we purchased at the surrounding stores. The pool is located inside and small. The night Manager was wonderful on Saturday (4/13) and went above and beyond to meet our needs. Overall had a nice stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Good Afternoon Kirijiamia,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for you and your family's travel needs. I am very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. A clean, spacious room is a minimum expectation for hotel guests and I'm glad we met your expectations in that regard.

I do feel that our hotel is a great fit for families like your who have tournaments on weekends or who just want to get away. I also feel that our courtyard view is a plus for our hotel as it gives a peaceful environment for many of our guests to relax and unwind from the days activities. Our pool is also a plus for families as it gives children and adults alike a chance to have some fun.

I hope that if you are in the area, or if your daughter's tournament repeats next year you will choose to stay again with us again.

Thank you for your feedback and your comments. We work to insure that each guest has a great experience and feedback like yours helps us do just that.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for one night since I missed a connecting flight at Dulles. The hotel is nothing special and I could sleep well. However, if you expect anything more than a clean room and friendly staff, this would be the wrong place. No breakfast was included either...

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IADCA C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Good Afternoon Marc L,

Thank you very much for your feedback about our hotel. It is unfortunate that you were stranded but I am glad that you were able to stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that your room was clean and that our staff was friendly. I am not sure what rate program you had as we offer several packages that do include breakfast with your stay. We would have gladly changed it before checkout so that you could have enjoyed breakfast before leaving.

It still seems that we somehow missed the mark on exceeding your expectations. Please feel free to contact me at cy.iadca.gm@marriott.com if you would like to share more feedback.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again if you are in the area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night before catching an early flight out of Dulles. It is well located close to the airport and the shuttle service was quite efficient. Food at the bistro was average to poor. Had a king suite which was spacious for a family of four but was nothing special. Some of the furniture was a bit worn. Our room was located just off the lobby near some conference rooms and the hallway stunk pretty badly of food they were serving on the conference rooms. It was ok but below average for what one would expect at a Courtyard and Marriott standards.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
IADCA C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay with our hotel. It is disappointing to hear that we failed to meet your expectations of A Courtyard by Marriott and for that I do apologize. While I am not sure if you mentioned anything to the front desk staff so that we could move your room, I would like to have been given an opportunity to remedy each situation you mentioned in your review.

I do hope that if you are in the area you will give us another opportunity to show that the previous experience was not the way we normally operate. We take great pride in our hotel and being able to exceed our guests expectations.

If there is anything further I can do to make the situation right with you please do not hesitate to contact me at cy.iadca.gm@marriott.com.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly? Share your experiences!