“Best Hotel by far!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly

You added Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly
GreenLeadersBronze level
Canton, Ohio
“Best Hotel by far!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed one night at this marriott and it was wonderfull. Its just a short drive to DC and the rate is great for all you get. Our children loved the layout of the room and i loved the cozy beds. We even had a balcony so i didnt have to troop out of the hotel to smoke. the cafe is reasonably priced and has a starbucks. BONUS the only complaint I had was it didnt taste like my normal starbucks drink but it was still good. Hoping to stay there on our next trip to dc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Lauerbug,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback about your stay with our hotel. It's great to hear that we were able to help make your trip a great experience.

I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our Bistro and Starbucks coffee. I would like to hear more about the difference in the taste of our Starbucks. CY.IADCA.GM@MARRIOTT.COM is my email address if you would like to offer more detail.

Thank you very much for having chosen our hotel for your travel needs. We would love to host you and your family on your next trip to the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I frequently stay at this Coutyard, but thinking of choosing another. This week both rooms had no cable tv service for the 3 major networks. I gave up, since I had a late check-in. I had the same problem when I staye here last month. All 3 rooms were on the west wing of the hotel. Management of hotel does not seem to care.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Good Morning TCC55,

I am very sorry we were unable to remedy the cable problem with both your rooms during your most recent stay. It's unacceptable to have that happen. I will gladly make the situation right by you if you could send me your name and Marriott Rewards information to cy.iadca.gm@marriott.com. We take complaints like these very seriously and I want to make sure the situation is fixed immediately.

I do care and am very glad that you have chosen to stay with our hotel during your visits to the area. I am positive that despite your experiences these are quick fix problems.

Again, thank you very much for your feedback and for giving us the opportunity to make it right. We hope to see you again in the near future. I'm sure you'll see an improvement.
Hampton Roads, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Location was a little challenging to find due to poor road signs. Once we learned our way around it was easy to locate off of 50.

We stayed from 4/12-4/14/13. Check in was smooth. Staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is very nice and clean. Our room was clean and spacious for our needs. Our room faced the courtyard. Our sliding doors actually opened up to a small balcony for us to enjoy a nightly breeze. My daughter had a state tournament in the area and the hotel did a wonderful job setting up breakfast for Saturday morning in a conference room. The Bistro in the lobby is priced too high for the foods offered. I purchased a ginger ale from the lobby and it was >$2.00 for a 16 oz. We had a refrigerator in our room and later stocked up on drinks/snacks that we purchased at the surrounding stores. The pool is located inside and small. The night Manager was wonderful on Saturday (4/13) and went above and beyond to meet our needs. Overall had a nice stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Good Afternoon Kirijiamia,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for you and your family's travel needs. I am very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. A clean, spacious room is a minimum expectation for hotel guests and I'm glad we met your expectations in that regard.

I do feel that our hotel is a great fit for families like your who have tournaments on weekends or who just want to get away. I also feel that our courtyard view is a plus for our hotel as it gives a peaceful environment for many of our guests to relax and unwind from the days activities. Our pool is also a plus for families as it gives children and adults alike a chance to have some fun.

I hope that if you are in the area, or if your daughter's tournament repeats next year you will choose to stay again with us again.

Thank you for your feedback and your comments. We work to insure that each guest has a great experience and feedback like yours helps us do just that.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for one night since I missed a connecting flight at Dulles. The hotel is nothing special and I could sleep well. However, if you expect anything more than a clean room and friendly staff, this would be the wrong place. No breakfast was included either...

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IADCA C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Good Afternoon Marc L,

Thank you very much for your feedback about our hotel. It is unfortunate that you were stranded but I am glad that you were able to stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that your room was clean and that our staff was friendly. I am not sure what rate program you had as we offer several packages that do include breakfast with your stay. We would have gladly changed it before checkout so that you could have enjoyed breakfast before leaving.

It still seems that we somehow missed the mark on exceeding your expectations. Please feel free to contact me at cy.iadca.gm@marriott.com if you would like to share more feedback.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again if you are in the area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night before catching an early flight out of Dulles. It is well located close to the airport and the shuttle service was quite efficient. Food at the bistro was average to poor. Had a king suite which was spacious for a family of four but was nothing special. Some of the furniture was a bit worn. Our room was located just off the lobby near some conference rooms and the hallway stunk pretty badly of food they were serving on the conference rooms. It was ok but below average for what one would expect at a Courtyard and Marriott standards.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
IADCA C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay with our hotel. It is disappointing to hear that we failed to meet your expectations of A Courtyard by Marriott and for that I do apologize. While I am not sure if you mentioned anything to the front desk staff so that we could move your room, I would like to have been given an opportunity to remedy each situation you mentioned in your review.

I do hope that if you are in the area you will give us another opportunity to show that the previous experience was not the way we normally operate. We take great pride in our hotel and being able to exceed our guests expectations.

If there is anything further I can do to make the situation right with you please do not hesitate to contact me at cy.iadca.gm@marriott.com.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future!
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed one night for business.

Pros: Very close to the airport. They also had a free shuttle (goes every half hour) to take me to my client which was just down the street from the hotel.

Cons: Poor signage. I had a driver pick me up at the airport and drive me to the hotel and he had a tough time locating the actual hotel. There is a large sign off the main street, but when you turn onto the street, there are a number of hotels and this one had no signage on the actual building. The rooms were fine for one night. Walls were thin, so I'm glad my neighbors kept it relatively quiet. You could tell this is a very old hotel that was renovated, but it still has that musty smell you get with older hotels that are cosmetically renovated and not completely gutted. Wifi was spotty, which made it somewhat hard to work.

Food: They had a bistro inside the hotel and the breakfast was good and they served Starbucks coffee. For dinner, the front desk gave me a two page list of nearby restaurants, but when you just got off a plane and its late you just want something quick and close. I walked over to Longhorns across the street, which was my only real option without getting in a cab.

Overall: This is a fine hotel for a night of business travel, but I think next time I'm in town I will check out one of the other hotels on the same street.

Room Tip: I stayed in Rm 107, it faces the main street. I didn't hear any road noise, but unless you draw...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IADCA C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Georgia Tech Traveler,

Thank you for having chosen our hotel for your travel needs. It seems your stay was both a hit and a miss in some ways and being the new GM my goal is to turn those misses into hits.

Unfortunately there isn't much we can do about signage from the road but we do have a pretty sizable sign on Rt 50 and also on the building. While I am glad you enjoyed your meal across the street I can assure you that our Bistro would have been equally as satisfying had you decided to stay with us and eat.

Our hotel has been recently renovated and does regularly score extremely well with customers in our cleanliness as we take greta pride in being a Marriott hotel and showing our "Spirit to Serve."

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity if you are travelling in the area again. We can easily assign you a room with a Courtyard view and you can rest easy on one of our brand new mattresses that were recently installed.

Thank you again for staying with us and I look forward to a return visit so that we can turn our previous misses to HITS!
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I initially booked a double room with a roll-away bed for a party of three, only to be told upon arrival that it would be impossible to add a roll-away to the room and we should never have been given that reservation. Fortunately, front desk was extremely accommodating and managed to get us a good rate on two lovely adjoining rooms. The rooms were quite nice and we were very pleased....until we were awakened at 2 AM by a staff person who UNLOCKED AND OPENED one of the room doors when they dropped off the bill and (as we discovered the next morning) then re-keyed the room! Why this was done at 2 AM is inexplicable. Thankfully, we had the extra lock up on the door so it couldn't open completely but even so, this was a very disturbing experience. We of course reported this to management the next morning and received profuse apologies, promises that the situation would be looked into, and assurances that we'd receive complimentary points added to our Marriott points accounts for our trouble. Except here we are a month later, and we've gotten no extra points and no follow up explanation about the incident.

I'd not avoid this hotel because it is very convenient and well-maintained and the front desk clerks were extremely nice and accommodating. Still, it seems communication is lacking and based on our experience, I'd be very wary of security if I was a woman staying here alone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Pamelapancakes,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay with our hotel. It is very unfortunate to hear that you experienced problems during your stay on two separate occasions. It is unacceptable for you to not get what you were originally expecting and then to be awakened in the middle of the night is equally acceptable.

My email address is cy.iadca.gm@marriott.com and I will gladly issue you the points you were promised back in November if you would send me your Marriott Rewards account number. I am the new GM at the hotel and would like to resolve this issue so that you and your family will feel comfortable coming to stay with us again in the future.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel and I look forward to hearing from you so that I can add the points to your account.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly? Share your experiences!