Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hampton Roads, VA
“(on 4/13)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Location was a little challenging to find due to poor road signs. Once we learned our way around it was easy to locate off of 50.

We stayed from 4/12-4/14/13. Check in was smooth. Staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is very nice and clean. Our room was clean and spacious for our needs. Our room faced the courtyard. Our sliding doors actually opened up to a small balcony for us to enjoy a nightly breeze. My daughter had a state tournament in the area and the hotel did a wonderful job setting up breakfast for Saturday morning in a conference room. The Bistro in the lobby is priced too high for the foods offered. I purchased a ginger ale from the lobby and it was >$2.00 for a 16 oz. We had a refrigerator in our room and later stocked up on drinks/snacks that we purchased at the surrounding stores. The pool is located inside and small. The night Manager was wonderful on Saturday (4/13) and went above and beyond to meet our needs. Overall had a nice stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Good Afternoon Kirijiamia,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for you and your family's travel needs. I am very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. A clean, spacious room is a minimum expectation for hotel guests and I'm glad we met your expectations in that regard.

I do feel that our hotel is a great fit for families like your who have tournaments on weekends or who just want to get away. I also feel that our courtyard view is a plus for our hotel as it gives a peaceful environment for many of our guests to relax and unwind from the days activities. Our pool is also a plus for families as it gives children and adults alike a chance to have some fun.

I hope that if you are in the area, or if your daughter's tournament repeats next year you will choose to stay again with us again.

Thank you for your feedback and your comments. We work to insure that each guest has a great experience and feedback like yours helps us do just that.

106 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for one night since I missed a connecting flight at Dulles. The hotel is nothing special and I could sleep well. However, if you expect anything more than a clean room and friendly staff, this would be the wrong place. No breakfast was included either...

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IADCA C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Good Afternoon Marc L,

Thank you very much for your feedback about our hotel. It is unfortunate that you were stranded but I am glad that you were able to stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that your room was clean and that our staff was friendly. I am not sure what rate program you had as we offer several packages that do include breakfast with your stay. We would have gladly changed it before checkout so that you could have enjoyed breakfast before leaving.

It still seems that we somehow missed the mark on exceeding your expectations. Please feel free to contact me at cy.iadca.gm@marriott.com if you would like to share more feedback.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again if you are in the area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night before catching an early flight out of Dulles. It is well located close to the airport and the shuttle service was quite efficient. Food at the bistro was average to poor. Had a king suite which was spacious for a family of four but was nothing special. Some of the furniture was a bit worn. Our room was located just off the lobby near some conference rooms and the hallway stunk pretty badly of food they were serving on the conference rooms. It was ok but below average for what one would expect at a Courtyard and Marriott standards.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
IADCA C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay with our hotel. It is disappointing to hear that we failed to meet your expectations of A Courtyard by Marriott and for that I do apologize. While I am not sure if you mentioned anything to the front desk staff so that we could move your room, I would like to have been given an opportunity to remedy each situation you mentioned in your review.

I do hope that if you are in the area you will give us another opportunity to show that the previous experience was not the way we normally operate. We take great pride in our hotel and being able to exceed our guests expectations.

If there is anything further I can do to make the situation right with you please do not hesitate to contact me at cy.iadca.gm@marriott.com.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future!
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed one night for business.

Pros: Very close to the airport. They also had a free shuttle (goes every half hour) to take me to my client which was just down the street from the hotel.

Cons: Poor signage. I had a driver pick me up at the airport and drive me to the hotel and he had a tough time locating the actual hotel. There is a large sign off the main street, but when you turn onto the street, there are a number of hotels and this one had no signage on the actual building. The rooms were fine for one night. Walls were thin, so I'm glad my neighbors kept it relatively quiet. You could tell this is a very old hotel that was renovated, but it still has that musty smell you get with older hotels that are cosmetically renovated and not completely gutted. Wifi was spotty, which made it somewhat hard to work.

Food: They had a bistro inside the hotel and the breakfast was good and they served Starbucks coffee. For dinner, the front desk gave me a two page list of nearby restaurants, but when you just got off a plane and its late you just want something quick and close. I walked over to Longhorns across the street, which was my only real option without getting in a cab.

Overall: This is a fine hotel for a night of business travel, but I think next time I'm in town I will check out one of the other hotels on the same street.

Room Tip: I stayed in Rm 107, it faces the main street. I didn't hear any road noise, but unless you draw...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IADCA C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Georgia Tech Traveler,

Thank you for having chosen our hotel for your travel needs. It seems your stay was both a hit and a miss in some ways and being the new GM my goal is to turn those misses into hits.

Unfortunately there isn't much we can do about signage from the road but we do have a pretty sizable sign on Rt 50 and also on the building. While I am glad you enjoyed your meal across the street I can assure you that our Bistro would have been equally as satisfying had you decided to stay with us and eat.

Our hotel has been recently renovated and does regularly score extremely well with customers in our cleanliness as we take greta pride in being a Marriott hotel and showing our "Spirit to Serve."

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity if you are travelling in the area again. We can easily assign you a room with a Courtyard view and you can rest easy on one of our brand new mattresses that were recently installed.

Thank you again for staying with us and I look forward to a return visit so that we can turn our previous misses to HITS!
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I initially booked a double room with a roll-away bed for a party of three, only to be told upon arrival that it would be impossible to add a roll-away to the room and we should never have been given that reservation. Fortunately, front desk was extremely accommodating and managed to get us a good rate on two lovely adjoining rooms. The rooms were quite nice and we were very pleased....until we were awakened at 2 AM by a staff person who UNLOCKED AND OPENED one of the room doors when they dropped off the bill and (as we discovered the next morning) then re-keyed the room! Why this was done at 2 AM is inexplicable. Thankfully, we had the extra lock up on the door so it couldn't open completely but even so, this was a very disturbing experience. We of course reported this to management the next morning and received profuse apologies, promises that the situation would be looked into, and assurances that we'd receive complimentary points added to our Marriott points accounts for our trouble. Except here we are a month later, and we've gotten no extra points and no follow up explanation about the incident.

I'd not avoid this hotel because it is very convenient and well-maintained and the front desk clerks were extremely nice and accommodating. Still, it seems communication is lacking and based on our experience, I'd be very wary of security if I was a woman staying here alone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Pamelapancakes,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay with our hotel. It is very unfortunate to hear that you experienced problems during your stay on two separate occasions. It is unacceptable for you to not get what you were originally expecting and then to be awakened in the middle of the night is equally acceptable.

My email address is cy.iadca.gm@marriott.com and I will gladly issue you the points you were promised back in November if you would send me your Marriott Rewards account number. I am the new GM at the hotel and would like to resolve this issue so that you and your family will feel comfortable coming to stay with us again in the future.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel and I look forward to hearing from you so that I can add the points to your account.
New York NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Very good location. Very convenient.

The building is an older build but it has been nicely renovated. It has the modern inviting Courtyard lobby. The rooms are very nice. The hotel is very quiet and very clean.

The internet worked when we arrived but it went down while we were out for the evening. The staff simply said they were working on it and didn't act like it was a very big deal. It is a huge inconvenience when the internet goes out unexpectedly when you're on the road and have work / further planning to do. We got by with our Blackberry and iPhone and with wifi at a nearby restaurant where we went for breakfast but it was still disappointing.

All in all the hotel is well-situated, the staff were helpful, the lobby is nice and inviting, the room was clean and updated despite the fact that it is an older Courtyard structure. Safe and secure. Quiet. The only complaint is the loss of internet and no great concern from the otherwise professional staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your positive review of our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us in spite of the internet problems you experienced. We have since made corrections to the network to avoid any futre problems.

I am the new GM here at the property and have taken steps to make sure that we continue to make improvements in the hotel.

I hope to have you and your family stay with us again in the near future.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel for your travel needs!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Location was great for the needs of my visit. Love the pillows on the bed, decor is attractive but was totally grossed out by the dirty tub and dislike the little coffee pot in the room. I seldom gig the Courtyard but housekeeping needs to step it up.

• Stayed October 2012
Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for having chosen our hotel for your travel needs. It seems that we failed to meet your cleanliness standards during your last stay/review. I can assure you that we have improved since your last visit.

I am the new General Manager here at the hotel and we have taken steps to remedy any issues that were not resolved to our guests' expectations.

I know that it has been several months but if there is anything I can do to repair our reputation please do not hesitate to contact me at cy.iadca.gm@marriott.com

Thank you again for staying with us!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Washington Dulles Airport Chantilly? Share your experiences!