“pretty good” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
woodbridge
“pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

room was very nice - got upgraded to the suite which was huge - bathroom nice as well

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South, responded to this review, February 9, 2011
Dear duke147,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience staying with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and were able to relax during your stay.

We hope to see you again soon the next time you are in the area!

The Hampton Inn Dulles Airport South

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

Great service. I would highly recommend this place for service and value. Was only staying overnight and attending the local attractions.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South, responded to this review, January 11, 2011
Dear kunkledude,

Thank you very much for writing a review of our hotel!

We are very happy to hear that you had such a pleasant time during your stay with us! We strive to create a welcoming atmosphere and as much value as possible for all of our guests.

We look forward to the next time you are in the area and we have another opportunity to serve you again.

McMurray, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn located in Chantilly for business upon a good review from a colleague. At first the service seemed to be great, I had no issues with the staff and as a matter of fact they were very pleasant. Here were the issues I experienced...

- The toilet leaked and I heard it when the water got too low, it seemed to flush itself every 20 minutes.
- The bathroom had two lights, one was extremely dim and never worked, the other one was very dim but after turning it on and off a few times and keeping it on for a few hours, it was fully illuminated. It was a bit difficult on the eyes.
- The room had a mildew type of smell, but after a few hours in the room, I got used to it.
- The heater/air conditioner vibrated louder than normal, a bit tough to sleep with unless you can ignore it.
- The first night I was there, I came back from dinner, turned on the lights and saw a bug running across the TV stand/dresser. I was quick enough to chase him down and kill him. It looked to be a small roach. I looked around the room and couldn't find any more, but it was nerve racking. I then began to worry about bed bugs. Upon returning home, I did find a bed bug in my luggage and had to wash everything, bag it and set it outside.

Overall opinion: I paid 189.00 a night, in my opinion it is worth between 80 and 120 a night. If I return back to the area on business, I would try the other hotels down the street. I really just think that I had a bad room, 723. I left a note for the staff on the first night on all the issues I had with the room expecting a phone call, but I guess I assumed wrong. I think it would of made it better if they would of tried to contact me and acknowledge the issues. I am not picky, but I was very frustrated with the situation and I am currently washing clothes, scrubbing my luggage and half of it is sitting outside in case of bed bugs.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South, responded to this review, December 2, 2010
Dear GarrettWadeMan,

We would like to start by thanking you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We take all of our guests’ feedback very seriously so that we can always strive to improve the experience our guests have staying with us.

We are sorry to hear that you didn’t have the best experience during your stay with us. We do apologize for the inconveniences created from the issue with the toilet, the lights in the bathroom, the odor in the room, and the noises and vibrations from the heating and A/C unit.
Unfortunately our team did not receive the note that you left in your room. It is our policy to address any issues that our guests have immediately so that your stay is as pleasant as possible. We welcome all of our guests to call the front desk 24 hours a day to report any issues so that they can be addressed immediately.

We took the room you stayed in out of service immediately and had it inspected by an extermination company. There wasn’t any evidence of bed bugs or other insect activity. However we had them spray and take other precautionary steps to ensure that the issue was resolved.

We started to address the issues you had immediately after reading your review. Our engineering team inspected the toilet and made sure it was working properly as well as replacing the lights that weren’t working in the bathroom. We are also in the process of addressing the noisy heating and A/C units. Unfortunately the process to fix or replace them is time consuming but we are working as quickly as possible. To address the issue of the odor in your room we are having the carpets of all the guestrooms cleaned professionally on a regular basis to ensure they are kept as fresh as possible.

We hope that you will give us a second chance and allow us to prove to you how committed we are to providing an excellent experience for all of our guests.

Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

Nice enough, double rooms are a little crowded, only one ice machine worked on one of the five floors...Very curteous staff and was much quieter than most that are near the airport. Special price with a group so was pleased that they do work with larger groups. I think they must have a few rooms for animals as I saw cats being brought in, which is nice if the need is there. No restaurant, but nice shuttle will run you down to any, was left with cookies one evening in our room, sweet treat, Thanks!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South, responded to this review, September 20, 2010
Hello Ramonalea,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! We take all of the feedback we receive very seriously and use it to always try and improve our guests experience.

We are very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that our staff made you feel right at home. We would like to thank you for pointing out the ice machines are not working properly we are having them fixed right now and they will all be up and running very shortly. It is good to hear that you were able to take advantage of the local area shuttle and explore some of the great restaurants around the hotel. Our team does their best to make all of our guests feel welcomed and provide a little touch of home, like cookies to snack on.

We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area and we have another opportunity to serve you.

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

Stayed here because I was taking my certification classes and test. Staff was very friendly and prompt. Even though this hotel is near the airport, you did not hear any planes fly by. My nights were very quiet and peaceful. You are only minutes away from shopping, eating and entertainment. As far as price, I did not have to pay because my company took care of that. Would definitely stay here again if I have to take classes again. Another bonus is the free internet that they provide.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South, responded to this review, September 13, 2010
Dear cbsharpe,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! We appreciate all of the guest feedback that we receive and take it seriously so that we can always improve the experience our guests have.

We are glad to hear that we were able to make you feel welcomed and take care of all your needs during your stay with us! We are also glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of our great location and the free internet that we provide to all of our guests!

We look forward to the next time you are in the area and we have an opportunity to serve you again!

Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

Had traveled here previously, was impressed with the renovations done over the summer. Fridges and Flat Screen televisions in the room were a nice addition. Entire staff was pleasant and helpful throughout my stay. Variety of breakfast items throughout the week, as well as a managers reception during the evening. Looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Dear bschmit,

Thank you for taking time to write and post a review of our hotel! Take all reviews and guests' feedback very seriously so that we can always strive to improve the experience our guests have.

We are very happy to hear that you like the re-fresh that we have completed to the hotel! We wanted to provide more for our guests so we upgraded all of the rooms with all brand new everything from the carpet to the HD TV's. We are also glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of breakfast and enjoyed it as well as our weekly managers reception!

We are looking forward to the next time you are in the area and we have another chance to serve you again!

Duluth, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

I generally like Hampton Inns and I wanted to like this one. The staff were friendly and the stay was quiet which is something I require. I thought that it would be loud so close to the airport but that wasn't an issue. We stayed on the top floor and there was a problem. There was a horrible smell in the hallway. The first day the smell was also in our room. It was a combination of the reek of old smoke and mold/mildew. The room was listed as a non-smoking room which is what we asked for but at one time it had been a smoking room. It also was listed with 2 Queen beds and the beds weren't even close to that size. This made it difficult since we had our young child with us.

I left a note for the hotel staff to change the bedding (it stank of smoke) and to clean up the dead, dried up bug on our sink and they were gone that day. The smell in the hall was horrible but varied throughout the day. I think this was due to the herculean efforts of the cleaning crew. Our room was usually pretty fresh smelling as long as the hallway smell didn't interfere. It was always fresh in the morning after the cleaning crew went through but by the end of the day the hall smell was potent. This was repeated day after day for a week. The staff wrapped up cookies and left them in our room which was a nice touch and I think a way to make up for the smell. There was construction happening in the hotel and they were throwing out tons of furniture so they may have had a large scale water problem thus the smell. The constuction never interferred with our stay.

The pool is nice and has a good natured lifequard. The breakfast is pretty good for a Hampton. I want to recommend this hotel, but if the smell is still there then it is hard to make that recommendation.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
FrankOhara, Owner and Management representative at Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South, responded to this review, August 19, 2010
Hello m6d,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! We appreciate and take very seriously all of the guest feedback and reviews that we get so that we can always improve the experience that our guests have.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the pool and that you could take advantage of breakfast every morning! We are also happy to hear that you felt welcomed by our friendly team members.

We do apologize for the smell that you encountered in the hall and your room initially. We are currently wrapping up a "Re-Fresh" of the hotel and as a part of that we have just become a 100% non-smoking property. We know that the old smell of cigarettes is only going to go away now and that you won't have this problem in the future. The "Re-Fresh" is also the reason that you saw all of the furniture being taken out of the hotel. We didn't have any water problems in the hotel we are just going through a scheduled upgrade to the facility.

I would like to thank you for pointing out the inaccuracy in the hotel room description that you found online. We are updating this information right now as I can imagine this created a bit of frustration to not get what you were expecting.

We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area and we know that the new look and feel of our Hampton will impress you the next time you stay with us!

The Hampton Inn Dulles Airport South Team

Been to Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South? Share your experiences!