“Haaa! Nooo! Don't Try it, I already did!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
The HHonors Weekend
Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Chantilly
GreenLeadersGold level
“Haaa! Nooo! Don't Try it, I already did!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I booked this hotel on the morning of 15th August preparation to my flight to Africa enroute Washington Dulles, due to the distance of the airport to my residence, I decided to do an overnight since the hotel offered airport shuttle. Total bill for one night being 15th -16th inclusive of charges and taxes was offered at $75:00 if I prepay in full. Of course I took the full prepayment option via credit card. I arrived at hotel on the night of 15th August at about 11pm and took my luggage weighing a total of 136 pounds in three carrier bags. I was grossly tired. Check in was handled by a certain lady who immediately informed me that the confirmation on the system for my stay was for 29-30th of August 2013, I was shocked of course and insisted that I made a booking for the 15th August. Anyway, she went further to inform me that if I planned to lodge in the hotel that night I would have to make payment in full for a total sum of $155 for the night , over 100% of the earlier charge on the Internet which I paid for and she confirmed was non refundable as the advance payment team are separate from their hotel group. I complained but had no choice than to check in for the night with the intention to call Hilton Honors and my bank in the morning. I paid and was handed a key, NO BELLHOP, the Trolleys were bad, I almost had an accident with the trolleys, returned them back and pushed my luggage s up, thank God for wheels. Upon arriving indoors, I decided to investigate my booking track and also checked my Hhonors account only to discover than the system generated a single confirmation for two dates, the first was 15th August while the second was 29th, how that could have happened is mystery to me, I therefore headed back downstairs and shown the Hhonors confirmation to the front desk reps, who stood their ground and insisted they had done the right thing. I was handed a card supposedly that of the Hotel Manager who was currently indisposed and would arrive at 9am the following morning and should be able to advise me on a best line of action. I returned to the room having registered my utmost dissatisfaction withering services. I had to put a call to Hilton Honors Guest Assistance and spoke with a Dorothy Lister who immediately put a cancellation call through to the Advance Payment people, but advised that my refunds may take about 4 weeks to return to my Credit Card. I honored my obligations at this hotel with a determination never to stray into any Hampton Inn ever again in my life on planet earth. I felt like I was being defrauded and they had no remedy whatsoever for their poor service. This hotel had tired carpets and in dire need of attention, a great drawback for the Hilton name. This is a definite NO GO hotel for me again, a motel would have been better. You cant win it all can you?

Room Tip: I have no comments for anyone who choose to go to this hotel having read my review!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HamptonDullesCascade, General Manager at Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear OlaS4,

I would like to thank you for your sincere feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was less than satisfactory, as we strive for all of our guests to have an exceptional experience. I assure you that this is not a normal occurrence at our hotel. We would like for you to give us another opportunity to better serve your needs. Again, we thank you for your candid feedback and apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.

Leandra James

241 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
St. George, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Near Manassas Battlefield, Air and Space Museum, Dulles airport and main travel arteries to Washington DC. Restaurants nearby. Clean and friendly staff with a nice breakfast selection to start the day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The hotel was clean and the staff were friendly. The breakfast could have used some better eggs, but overall it was good. My husband and daughter enjoyed the pool and the noon check out time is great, especially with a little baby who needs her morning nap. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stay at this hotel several times a year for business. It is always clean, the staff is always friendly, and the breakfast is great. It's nearby a Target shopping center and several restaurants. The only (small) issue is trying to get in and out of the road it's on (mostly trying to get in) because there is not a red light on that intersection. If you are looking to drive into DC, it's a pretty easy drive, but a bit too far if you are looking to sightsee in the city every day. My last stay was in September 2012 during the lobby renovations, so I can't wait to go back and see the updates!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Classic Hampton but service elevates the Hampton experience to a new level. Very accommodating and pleasant staff. Nice room, breakfast sack as we departed at 4:30 AM. Even had a diamond parking spot!

• Stayed July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife and I recently lodged at this Hampton Inn in Chantilly that was chosen for its reasonable cost and location near Dulles International Airport. It had a bit of a worn-out look but was fairly clean and the inclusive breakfast was decent.

However, we encountered a significant problem regarding noise intruding into our room. The door closures and locks for the rooms were such that they could not be closed without causing an extremely loud bang. Consequently, we were jolted in our room every time a door in our area was opened and closed. In addition, the soundproofing was very poor as the conversations of the party in the adjacent room could clearly be heard through the connecting doors even though the people conversed at a moderate volume level. As a result of all this, we had a poor sleep experience and would not lodge there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonDullesSouth, General Manager at Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Hello ChiMike606,

I would like to thank you for your sincere feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was less than satisfactory as we strive for all our guests to have an exceptional experience.

I realize your experience did not meet your expectations and we would like for you to give us another opportunity to better serve your needs. Again, we thank you for your candid feedback and apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.

Leandra James
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The staff at this hotel make you feel like family! Neda and Mary at the front desk care for your every need as a traveller.

The breakfast buffet is wonderful and the two concierges make you feel that you are a valued guest and greet you with a smile and see that the buffet is always replenished.

A great place to stay for one night or many nights.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South? Share your experiences!