“Great Place for a Night between Planes” 4 of 5 stars

Park, Stay & Go
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
GreenLeadersGold level
Paris, France
“Great Place for a Night between Planes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Although the taxi driver was the worst ever (and I live in Paris France !), I had a great time in this Hotel. The room is confortable, of regular size, good bed. A curious thing is that the sink is not in the bathroom, but in the room (facing the bathroom door). Plenty of choice and food for breakfast, nice people at the front desk, free shutlle to the airport (10mn). Free Wi Fi in the room. Works were in progress in the hall of the hotel.
It's perfect for spending a night between planes, and for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Awesome friendly staff; spotless and clean lobby, hallways, elevators, and rooms. The breakfast staff were not only friendly and helpfull, but brought around fresh cut pineapple...which was as delicious as everything else. As I travel the state, this will be a property that I will look forward to coming back to again and again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Clayton, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This Hampton has been recently renovated and is in great shape.

The rooms are modern and comfortable. The staff is extremely friendly yet professional. The breakfast is better than you might expect.

Were it not for the location, I'd give it 4/5 stars. It is located in a business parking within walking distance of absolutely nothing. The access road is a commuter route that turns into a parking lot at evening rush hour. I don't think I'll return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Morgantown, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles International Airport South at the beginning and end of our trip out of the country.

Honestly, it's a deal that shouldn't be passed up. We spent Friday night there. Had the shuttle take us to the airport. And, the shuttle picked us up (at 1 a.m., no less) when we returned and brought us back to the hotel. Our car stayed on the hotel's property the entire time we were gone.

Even with the renovation the hotel was undergoing, our stay was great. I'd recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Beautiful and clean facility with awesome amenities. They even provided toothbrushes and toothpaste when we forgot our own. Complimentary warm cookies, coffee and tea. Free buffet breakfast totally exceeded our expectations. Very attentive and courteous staff, even lifeguard on duty at the pool. Shuttle service was quick and reliable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

I will stay again,yes over all it was pleasent stay. I would recommend to family and friends nida was very helpful,and friendly,room was good beds very comfortable,near everything you need for a family visit. We were there for a family get together,the trip wad boost.n

• Stayed October 2012
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel was absolutely awful. I would absolutely not advise ANYONE to stay here. I stayed for an overnight stay and trust me that was enough. After waiting for over 45 minutes for the shuttle which may have been my fault as i may have called hampton inn north but you would have thought that they would send a shuttle to check for people as a number of other shuttles did that. when it finally came i was the only one in the shuttle that was when i knew that this hotel must be bad. I got into my room and thought ok its clean only a few hours later to find lady birds on my bed.....i mean how absolutely disgusting is that. if it was a spider that would be ok but lady birds are an outside insect. i dont think i have ever seen them inside. I called them up front desk and they moved me to a different room but what surprised me was that the guy at the help desk didnt sound at all surprised..then i made an international call for all of only 5 minutes and they charged me 30 dollars...absolute rip off. The breakfast wasnt great either no bacon or sausages. The list could go on with this place. And then to top things off i needed a shuttle to the airport and had to wait a WHOLE HALF HOUR and when i asked to see the manager who apparantly wasnt there the girl at the desk didnt even ask what the problem was she just handed me the card of the manager. Im sorry but my advise is for NO ONE to EVER stay here. Worst hotel i have stayed in the US in my opinion anyway.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
HamptonDullesSouth, General Manager at Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
I apologize you were disappointed in our hotel. We strive to deliver the best customer service and ensuring that our guest leave satisfied.

We apologize for the confusion with the shuttle. Our shuttles do run on the half hour from the hotel, and on demand from the airport. In order to accommodate all our guests, we do require a call to the hotel to request the shuttle for a pick up from the airport. We appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review of your experience, as we always strive to improve. We look forward to your next visit to Dulles.

Again, thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to give us great feedback regarding your stay.

Leandra James

Been to Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South? Share your experiences!