“Nothing but awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
GreenLeadersGold level
“Nothing but awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This place is immaculate! Very nice rooms , clean, lots of ammenities. Room was spacious & had a fridge. Bed was so comfortable with nice fluffy pillows & soft comforter. Breakfast was great. Breakfast attendant even offered to help me carry my breakfast back to my room. Coffee available all day with a variety of creamers, hot chocolate, & regular, decaf & robust. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

What a great find. We come to shows at the Dulles Expo Center at least 6 times a year and have now found a new home 5 minutes away. Our room was comfortable and clean with lots of amenities and virtually soundproof. Every staff member we met from food service to management to housekeeping were friendly and helpful. The lobby area was being renovated during our stay, but all services were being maintained(to be completed in March 2013) With a free hot breakfast, indoor pool, hot tub, fitness room and free WiFi and internet connection,I don't know how you can go wrong.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HamptonDullesSouth, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Sue P,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Dulles International South for your stay and for your taking your time to write this review. We really appreciate your feedback as we strive to provide experiences like this to all of our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you during your next trip to the Chantilly area.

Best Regards,
Rodrigo Ribeiro Assistant General Manager .
Timbuktu, Mali
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I must say first that this review is well overdue as I have stayed at this particular property on average about 10 times a year for the past 4 years. With the upcoming end to this particular contract I won't be there near as often.

Don't be put off by appearances, yes it's an older property, but Leandra and her staff keep the property fresh (it's undergoing renovation as we speak!), make sure you are happy and comfortable throughout your stay, it doesn't matter if you were sent by the airline because you missed your flight, a family vacation, wedding party, Kids Hockey tournament, passing through or a business traveler like myself, everyone is treated well, and I've seen all these customers over the years. Breakfast is in abundance, and cookies served fresh every evening, always fresh coffee....and they usually have Green Tea! ;-)

The staff will always go the extra mile for you, there are many different choices with hotels in the area, but I can absolutely guarantee you, for friendliness, comfort and value for money, You will not go wrong with the Hampton Inn, Dulles South on Westfax Dr.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HamptonDullesSouth, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear WBernieMac,

We really appreciate your feedback and we strive so that we can provide experiences like this to all of our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you during your next trip to the Chantilly area.

Best Regards,
Rodrigo Ribeiro Assistant General Manager
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

I found this hotel on the HHonors site. I was surprised by the price and some of the reviews on here - both contradict each other.

First the price was fantastic. It was the price of a lower standard hotel. This isn't a motel folks - a breakfast serving, has an excercise room and the TV isn't chained down -- hotel.

It's clean, while older - well maintained. If you book now - their website warns you of construction. It's correct - the lobby is a bit torn up. But unlike other projects I have seen - its remarkably clean. It's all behind a finished temporary wall. You can't tell. They even made it a fixture in the lobby -- leaving notes of praise for staff and guests.

The rooms are very quiet and cleaned very well. I love the sticker on the elevator that reminds you that every duvet, pillow and quilt is washed - every guest, everytime. The rooms smelled fresh and clean.

This hotel does have the older HVAC below the window things -- they are oddly the quietest I've ever heard.

Being an environmental type guy - I also was impressed with the energy efficient lighting and the subtle reminders for everyone to do their part.

Breakfast had fresh selections and was constantly stocked. It stands out as a standard Hampton breakfast --- but it felt like people's cared.

Overall this property is a quiet, dynamic and well maintained place to stay. Even if you have pets - you won't notice any other pets.

Anytime I get stuck in Dulles -- which I'm sure I will (I manage it) I'm looking towards this property being my home away from home.

• Stayed December 2012
VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel because of the Park-Stay and Go offering, as I was heading out on a morning flight.

The room was nice and clean. The bed and linens were nice. There was a pos-it note on the headboard telling me that all of the bedding was freshly washed and the bed made with all clean linens.

The staff was very nice and scheduled my van ride for 5:30 AM the next morning. The van was ready to go on-time. It was too early for the breakfast area to be open, but they had a brown bag with some breakfast snacks and a drink ready for me to take to the airport.

Upon returning around midnight I called the hotel and told them that I was ready to be picked up at the airport. By the time I had made my way down to the pickup area the van was pulling in and I was whisked away back to my vehicle.

I like this hotel and their service - I will stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The Hampton Inn Dulles South is located in an area that would be good for a business trip or if you needed a nice hotel because you were passing through the Dulles area. If you were coming to Washington DC for a family vacation, it's not in a tourist type location. It's located in a very safe location but on a busy thoroughfare and for that I was nervous as to what to expect. I work for a major airline so I'm in/out of hotels a lot.

What a surprise. From the moment I walked in the door, the front desk service was excellent. But what impressed me the most was how clean my room was! It was immaculate. I feel the housekeeper that cleaned my room should be the trainer for all hotels. I'm very picky about cleanliness and this room was fantastic!

I highly recommend this hotel for the great service and superior room!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Carnesville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This was the worst experience with a motel i've had in 55 years of travel. Staff doesn't have a clue what they were doing at check out. Paid for room with cash after reserving room with card. The card was charged for the amount of stay as well as the cash payment. When it was brought to their attention the next day the were suppose to remove the charge from the card instead they charged it again. I has been 4 days now and still the charges to the card hasn't been corrected. Looks like we may have to complain to corperate headquarters.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HamptonDullesSouth, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Hello stephanie r,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Dulles South for your stay and for providing us feedback! We appreciate every feedback given as we are constantly striving to improve the level of service offered by the hotel and its team members.

I am sorry we failed to meet your expectations with regards to the belling issue you experienced. I can imagine how unpleasant it must have been. I have spoken to you this morning and rectified the billing issue. You can rest assured that the situation you have described is not indicative of the Hotel’s standards and we consider this situation to be acceptable. We will be re-training our Guest Services Personnel in order to increase our billing accuracy and guests’ experience with us.

We have enjoyed having you as our Guest and we hope that you come back to see us again so that we can show your our true hospitality!

Regards,
Rodrigo Ribeiro Assistant General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South? Share your experiences!