“training course” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Kansas City, Missouri
“training course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I was cheduled to take an inforsec course here and let me just say...The hotel, especially the front desk clerks, were far above my expectations...from finding local restuarants to helping plan my trip back to New york...at one point i needed directions and one of them actuallly walked out and showed me where it was. All in all I just happened to stumble upon this place but I'm glad I did...great customer service, comfy beds....its definitely a win in my book

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Smithfield, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We chose this hotel based on the 24 hr airport shuttle. Hotel itself was ok, fairly confortable and clean, however the shuttle service was a disappointment. Our flight arrived back in DC at 230am following a delay (American Airlines...are you surprised?) Shuttle took in excess of an hour after 3 calls...Hotel is 10 min drive from airport. We were very disappointed in the shuttle delay and the high cost of the park and fly option. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed at this property for one night prior to an early morning flight from Dulles. Upon arrival and check-in I told the front desk attendant that I needed a shuttle ride at 6 AM the next morning (I had called not once, but twice prior to booking and arrival to ensure I could get a shuttle that early and was told it would not be any problem), and was told that she did not have a shuttle driver until 7 the next morning. She somewhat suggested that perhaps I could wait until 7 to leave - sorry, no- not for an 8AM flight out of Dulles, no less! So, she ended up calling a cab company and arranging for a cab to pick us up, at the hotel's expense. Which was fine, but her tone of voice on the phone with the cab company in front of me, was like "I have to do this AGAIN for another stupid guest". Strike one. Check in went smoothly after that, and the room itself was nice - however was very musty, almost humid, and that smell did not go away once we turned on the AC (thinking we could clear the air a bit). I am a HHonors silver member and there was chocolate, water, a granola bar, and a letter from the manager containing my points total on the nightstand. Nice touch. The room was clean - standard Hampton room, but the AC even on low was the loudest thing I ever heard. Loud enough to drown out the TV. We arrived at about 5:15ish, went upstairs to get settled and rested for a bit, and came back down later because we had seen a retail store on our way in that we wanted to visit. We googled it, and it was 2.2 miles away, and from what we understood, within the 3 mile radius serviced by the shuttle. We inquired back at the front desk, same attendant with a very thick new york accent, and were told that the shuttle had gone to pick someone up from the same area, and could we come back in 15-20 minutes and he'd be happy to take us - this was after she verbally doubted the distance to the store, and called the driver to be sure he went there - which again, fine, but she spoke in Spanish to the driver and I picked up on her conversation that she didn't think we would come back down to use him for a ride. She didn't offer to ring us when he arrived; just dismissed us. Strike 2. We went up to our room, got a plan together for shopping and a place for dinner in the same area, went back down fifteen minutes later, inquired to the same attendant who then told us that the driver now had to take someone to the airport, and that the shuttle was on a first-come, first-served basis. Again, we had inquired now, 40 minutes prior to this, were not told there was anyone ahead of us, and furthermore, the store/area we wanted to visit was on the way to the airport! She didn't expect him to be back for another 20-25 minutes - would we just come back then? Well, heck no. It was now about 7:15 - by the time we got the shuttle (if he actually existed), we wouldn't have more than an hour to shop before they closed (which she so kindly pointed out, as if to detract us from using said shuttle). When I suggested that OK, no shopping, maybe we'd just have him take us to dinner - she completely discouraged us from using the shuttle to do that - threw take out menus at us and said Here! Just order in! Why do you want to go out anyway!?!?!?? Because we don't want to be stuck in a room for the rest of the night! That's why! Strike 3. So, irritated and frustrated with the situation, we gave up and asked her for a suggestion on a good place for take out and she suggested mexican food. Not our first choice of course - we had talked steak before, but again, you're at the mercy of people at the front desk sometimes and this was apparently one of them, whether we liked it or not. We called and ordered from the Mexican restaurant (el fresca), at 7:40ish. Our food did not arrive until after 9, and the delivery person was allowed to come to our room to deliver - which is not typical for any hotel I've been in, and I didn't really like that. The food was decent but during the time we were waiting (it took 2 calls after ordering to get the food there), we went downstairs to try and find a soda, juice, or something to tide us over and the "suite shop" was bare. Nothing but diet soda, no snacks, anything. Same attendant questioned what I was looking for, and I told her why I was looking for something to eat and that it had been over an hour since we had ordered food. I asked if she had any other soda, etc. in back and was simply told "no". No offer to help, nothing. I picked this hotel for it's proximity to Dulles, and because of the reviews on the shuttle service and service in general. I won't be back to this hotel, and in fact, I'm thinking about moving my loyalty over to Marriott brands instead of Hilton with a hopefully better experience across the board, and am seriously contemplating calling the HHonors line about this experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
WashDCHotels, Owner and Management Representative at Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Hello gardentraveler1,

We appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed and thorough review of your stay with us. Your time and effort in writing this will be very helpful in allowing us to improve our service and provide all out guests with a great experience.

Having said that we are very sorry for the experience that you had with the shuttle service; what you experienced is certainly not typical nor is it acceptable to us. We have taken immediate steps to re-train not only our shuttle drivers but our front desk team as well to make sure they are doing everything they can for our guests. We are also disappointed to hear that we weren’t able to provide you with some snacks to help hold you over to dinner. This is another item that we are reviewing with the team to ensure we have our sundry shop well stocked at all times.

We hope that you would be willing to give us a second chance to prove to you that we can do things right and provide the service our guests deserve all the time.

The Hampton Inn Dulles Airport South Team
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Property was clean and very convenient for where we needed to be for a family event. I called when we were on the road to see if a rollaway was available and the wonderfully helpful lady at the desk said she'd send it up to my room so it would be there when we arrived late that evening. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The king size bed was ultra comfortable. There is a sign in the elevator that says the duvet covers are fresh for each guest and being the germaphobe I am, I love this! There was a lifeguard on duty at the pool until 10 in the evening. Complimentary breakfast was a nice touch. I'd stay here again given the opportunity.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
new milford, ct
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012 via mobile

We needed a hotel near the Air and Space museum that would let us stay with our small dog. This fit the bill perfectly. Pleasant rooms were very quiet in spite of being next to the airport. Very clean, pleasant people at the front desk and a decent breakfast made this a comfortable stay.

• Stayed March 2012
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Great price...great room...great service.

No hiccups at all, just what I wanted for a quick overnight stop.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
WashDCHotels, Owner and Management Representative at Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Dear JJ870,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. It is good to hear that you had a great overnight stop and that we could help provide you with a great value for your stay.

We are looking forward to another opportunity to serve you for another one night stay or however long you may be in the area.

The Hampton Inn Dulles Airport Team
Dulles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

My company holds training courses at the Hampton Inn every month so I have to stay at the hotel for a week or two each month. The service is great and the staff very friendly, always up for a chat. The meeting rooms are always prepared before my arrival with a projector and power strips for student laptops. During my last stay, I had the misfortune of suffering from food poisoning from eating at a local restaurant and the staff kept checking up on me almost hourly while I was sick, even offering to go get me medicine from a local drugstore. The complimentary breakfast, all-day coffee, shuttle service and wifi are great added value, not every hotel offer these services for free. They always remember my name and I remember theirs, Maryam, Ariel, Jen, Nadia, Leandra the general manager and Rod.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear 123_CanadianGuy_123,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We think of our guests as family and we always love hearing from them after a stay.

It is great to hear that you have had such a consistently great experience staying with us. We do everything we can to make our guests stay as stress free as possible and like I said earlier we think of all our guests as family members. It is great that you have been also able to take advantage of the amenities we offer complimentary for our guests as well.

We are looking forward to having another chance to serve you the next time you are in the area.

The Hampton Inn Dulles Airport South Team

Been to Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South? Share your experiences!