“Tour Group Animals” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“Tour Group Animals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Just this weekend I stayed at this hotel with my wife as we were in town visiting family. I found the hotel very comfortable and up to date. It's staff was excellent and helpful in every way from check in to check out.

What I witnessed during the morning for breakfast was simply horrendous to say the least. From what I could gather there was only two women working the breakfast area, and as I sat there I felt simply horrified for them both. It was obvious that they had no way to keep up with the demand thanks in part to what seemed to be a large tour group who were simply devouring everything insight. They were going through coffee and hot water like it was attached as an IV, and piling their plates high with food like they never have never seen food before. But what a waist, I'd watch them take a bite of each item then leave it on the table then go back for more.

As I was walking through the lobby I was witness to what seemed to be the tour guide for this group lacing into the woman at the front desk and then redirect her attention to one of the two women who were serving breakfast. I don't know what the name of the tour group is, but what I can tell you is that she was the most unprofessional individual I've ever seen. Actually cursing at both of the Hotel staff like it was there fault that the animals from her own group were destroying the hotel.

I tip my hat to the staff as they were great to deal with and were always friendly and professional and I'll see them on my next visit.

Room Tip: Room and staff were great.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Hello Rob R,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

We are glad to hear that you liked that hotel and the team was able to make you feel at home while taking care of your needs. We appreciate your understanding with the tour group, our staff really does what we can to make all of our guests feel at home. Unfortunately having so many people arrive for breakfast at the same time makes keeping up a challenge, we hope that you were able to get what you wanted for breakfast and that you weren’t inconvenienced at all.

We are looking forward to the next time you are in the area and we have another chance to serve you.

The Hampton Inn Dulles Airport South Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011 via mobile

We stayed here one night to be close to the airport for an early am flight. This hotel more than served it's purpose. The desk staff super friendly, the hotel modern and clean, great complimentary breakfast, and free shuttle service to the airport. In addition, we used a Groupon for parking in their lot while we were gone. This included picking us up when we returned. They were so accommodating and our car was safe and sound when we returned. Will definitely stay here again when flying out of Dulles!

• Stayed October 2011
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Dear PriceIsAlwaysRight,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We love hearing from our guests.

It is great to hear you were able to take advantage of our special park and fly promotion and let us help you get to the airport for your early flight. It is also great to hear that you enjoyed the room, breakfast and that the team was able to really make you feel at home.

We hope to see you again soon when you are in the area next time.

G-town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

We stayed at this hotel as stopover to see the Air and Space Smithsonian and travel back home. It's clean, well priced and in a good location near restaurants and attractions. Best of all, this hotel is a great deal.

Room Tip: Within 5 minutes of the Air and Space Smithsonian
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Hello Gundelsploom,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your experience at our hotel. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our great location and amenities. We are also happy that you got such a great value for your stay as well.

Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Events in Middleburg, stayed here. A ways away...but the Hotel
itself was wonderful. VERY quiet and well maintained.
Staff extremely helpful. Rooms spacious and quiet.
Breakfast Very good. Wonderful hot tub.
Prices better that any B&B in Middleburg!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Dear attyjim,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We love hearing from our guests and their opinions are very important to us.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and that our team was able to make you feel right at home. It is great that you were able to take advantage of some of the great amenities at the hotel such as breakfast and the whirlpool spa and relax.

We are looking forward to having another chance to serve you when you are in the area next!

Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel right after arriving in the Washington DC area at Dulles. We had a little difficulty getting the shuttle from the airport - that probably had more to do with the layout of the Dulles airport than the hotel. Though, when I called the hotel to ask about the shuttle, no one picked up the phone - twice!! Eventually we got through and they directed us to the right shuttle stop.

There's another Hampton Inn north of the airport, so make sure you get the right shuttle. The ride to the hotel takes about 15 minutes.

Room was nice, quiet. They had the standard breakfast in the morning, and I thought it was fine. The food was fresh and had lots of choices.

The furnishings looked new, and everything was clean. My only complaint is that the room had a nightlight that was way to bright. That's easily remedied - just unplug it! The room was laid out nicely, with a desk, free Wifi, and lots of power outlets. That was terrific - their bedside tables and lamp bases all have plug-in spots. They are set up for people with lots of electronic gadgets that need charging.

Like many hotels right now, they are following the trend where the bed linens consist of a sheet and a duvet. I don't like this trend, but I can't fault Hampton for doing this....every hotel does it right now. I don't like it because a sheet is too thin on its own, and the duvet makes it too hot to sleep. This hotel did have an extra regular blanket in the room, which made it more comfortable.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Hello rikrax,

Thank you very much for providing us some really great feedback about your stay. We love hearing from our guests so we can always improve your experience with us.

We are glad to hear that overall you had a great stay and were able to relax and enjoy yourself. I would like to start by apologizing for the front desk not picking up the phone right away, this is definitely not typical at the hotel and we will make sure it doesn’t happen again. We are glad to hear you enjoyed breakfast and the other amenities in the room.

We are looking forward to the next time you are in the area and we have another chance to serve you!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Was not planning to get a hotel, but my plans had changed and I had to stay in DC for a couple more days. My flight is going out from Dulles so I looked around for hotels in the area. I looked for hotels close to the airport and there are a bunch to choose from. I decided to go for the Hampton Inn Dulles south. I was, at first, hesitant but then I was glad I chose this hotel. Everything, and i mean everything went surpiringly pleasant. My check-in was a beeze, the front desk staff was very nice. Also, i love the cookies they offered me. Yum!!! And i was surprised that the assistand general manager was in the lobby greeting the guest. He was very attentive and nice. That was a major plus for this hotel having a high level person making the guest feel welcome. Its a good feeling i tell you, specially having been in meetings and running around DC traffic these past few days. I would definetly come back to this hotel again. I come to DC often and i use Dulles, so now i have a new favorite hotel to stay at. Its a great value, too.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Hello Casey A,

Thank you very much for writing a review of your stay with us recently. We take all of our guests’ feedback seriously so that we can always improve our guests’ experience and really make people feel at home when they walk in.

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel from the many in the Dulles Airport area. The entire team is very happy to hear that you had such a great stay! We know that the real difference between an alright stay and a really great one is attention to detail. We try to make sure that our entire team, from the general manager all the way down, is always doing what they can for our guests to make their stay even better.

I will make sure to pass along your compliments to the team. We are looking forward to your next trip to the Dulles/Sterling area when we will have another chance to serve you.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

We stayed at the Hampton Inn recently. The hotel is in a great location, about 10 minutes from the airport. Their shuttle service is also very accessible and the driver was very helpful. We checked in late and were welcomed by a friendly agent. The bed in the room was very comfortable and the room was clean. I will stay there again the next time I fly to Dulles International.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dear Traveler T,

We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

It is great to hear that you had such a great time staying with us and that our team was able to make you feel welcomed. We know how stressful traveling can be and arriving late can really add a lot of unnecessary stress so we do whatever we can to help our guests out.

We are looking forward to your next flight to Dulles when we will have another opportunity to serve you!

The Hampton Inn Dulles Airport South Team

Been to Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South? Share your experiences!