“Awesome experience!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, Illinois
“Awesome experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

I was totally amazed by how great of a stay this was. The staff, everyone from housekeeping to management were extremely professional and always went the extra step to see if there was anything I needed. To add to the greatness, each of my clients that were also at this hotel had the same experience and raved at my "smart" decision to use this hotel. We'll certainly be back a TON.

Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South, responded to this review, May 30, 2011
Hello keatron,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of you stay with us. We take all of our guests' feedback very seriously to always improve our guests' experience.

We are absolutely thrilled that you and your clients had such a great time staying with us. We do everything we can to make sure all of our guests needs are taken care of and go one step further to really make you feel at home.

We are looking forward to the opportunity to continue serving you into the future.

The Hampton Inn Dulles Airport South Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
greensboro, nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

As a frequent business traveller to the DC Metro area, I primarily look for a hotel with the following: Proximity to the airport, friendly staff and a clean/comfortable room with sufficient workspace. I always find these qualities at the Hampton Inn South. After only having returned once or twice, the front desk knew my name and greeted me with a friendly hello as I came and went. It may not seem like much, but to a road-weary traveller, it's nice to feel welcome at the end of a day. Each day an ample, hot breakfast was provided which varied throughout the week. As a further amenity, the staff provides "breakfasts to go" for those folks in too much of a hurry for a sit-down meal. Further, the hotel is within close proximity to a variety of restaurants--Indian, Mexican, Thai, Vietnamese are less than half a mile away; area shops are also close by. It's nice to have a travel location that I can count as being a pleasant, welcoming stay. This Hampton Inn is just that.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South, responded to this review, May 27, 2011
Dear kely1866,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your experiences staying with us. We take all of our guests' feedback very seriously.

We are absolutely thrilled to hear that you have enjoyed your stays with us. We understand the stresses of traveling and do everything we can to help alleviate them. We do whatever we can to make our guests feel at home which starts with the simple things like remembering our guests name and always taking care of their needs. We are also happy to hear that you were able to enjoy all of the great amenities and location of our hotel to make your trips truly enjoyable.

We are looking forward to having the opportunity to continue serving you into the future.

Cary, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

I didn't stay at this hotel long but the time I was here was very enjoyable. During my stay, I noted several things that made this hotel stand out (in my mind).

First of all, the bed appointments were very nice. I slept better than I have in quite some time and really didn't want to get up. Next to the bed is something that I don't see very often in hotels and that is three outlets for laptop and cell phone on both sides of the bed. That was really super convenient.

Next, I was impressed by the 32" HDTV in the room. It just added a little something to the experience and the fact that is swiveled from one side to the other was a nice touch.

In the morning, I went downstairs for their free continental breakfast and was very surprised on how good it actually was. They had sausage, eggs, waffles, cereal, yogurt, and assorted breads, muffins, and fruit. Everything I had was extremely tasty.

Finally before I left, I took a dip in the indoor pool and spa. It was also quite relaxing and exactly what I needed before driving 5 hours home.

I struggle to find anything negative about this hotel. The only thing I can think of is the location. It is a good location overall but being at an uncontrolled intersection off Route 50 is a little hard to get in and out of.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South, responded to this review, May 24, 2011
Dear cedartree84,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful and thorough review of out stay with us! We take all of our guests' feedback seriously.

We are absolutely thrilled to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay. We do everything we can to provide our guests with a great experience. We are glad you enjoyed all of the amenities in our newly renovated rooms! We are also glad that you were able to enjoy all of the other amenities, like breakfast and the pool, to help make you felt right at home with us.

We are looking forward to being able to serve you again in the near future when you are next in the area!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

Got delayed overnight at Dulles and stayed at this hotel. The room was very clean and impressive. They serve complimentary hot breakfast in the morning, free airport transportation and very friendly staff. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others. United had provided a voucher for "75% off" the room rate but I still paid $70 for the night. If that truly is 75% off then I probably wouldn't rate as a good value. If my rate was half off or less the normal rate then it is worth its value.

• Stayed May 2011
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
Hello Boot06,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! We take all of our reviews and guest feedback very seriously.

We are happy to hear that we were able to help you out during what sounds like a very stressful travel situation. We do everything we can for our guests to help alleviate the stresses of travel and make you feel at home.

We hope to see you again soon when you are in the area next!

Dulles, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

checked into hotel last night after a long trip in. rooms are great and service is excellent. I am attending a week long class at the hotel. Today i popped up to my room for the lunch break and found two warm cookies with a personalized not from the General Manager! WOW!!! it was handwritten..great service and a great room at a awesome price.

Room Tip: try the advance purchase from hilton
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South, responded to this review, May 9, 2011
Hello ahippo1980,

Thanks for taking the tie to write a review of your experience at our hotel!

We are very happy to hear that you are having such a great time staying with us. We try to do everything we can for our guests to alleviate some of the stresses traveling causes. We treat each of guests like family and do that little extra to make you feel at home.

We hope to see you again soon the next time you are in the area!

woodbridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

room was very nice - got upgraded to the suite which was huge - bathroom nice as well

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South, responded to this review, February 9, 2011
Dear duke147,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience staying with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and were able to relax during your stay.

We hope to see you again soon the next time you are in the area!

The Hampton Inn Dulles Airport South
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

Great service. I would highly recommend this place for service and value. Was only staying overnight and attending the local attractions.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South, responded to this review, January 11, 2011
Dear kunkledude,

Thank you very much for writing a review of our hotel!

We are very happy to hear that you had such a pleasant time during your stay with us! We strive to create a welcoming atmosphere and as much value as possible for all of our guests.

We look forward to the next time you are in the area and we have another opportunity to serve you again.

The Hampton Inn Dulles Airport South Team

Been to Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South? Share your experiences!